PDA

View Full Version : Hiking in heals... Now I have seen everything...

slugger
11-30-2010, 18:41
http://consumerist.com/2010/11/go-hiking-in-style-with-these-teva-high-heels.html?

Surplusman
11-30-2010, 19:09
Apparently these things are real, with a price tag of only $330 a pair.

"You make it and some schmuck will buy it."
---George Carlin

camper10469
11-30-2010, 19:35
And she has nice legs to go with em. You'd look rediculous in em!

Sierra Echo
11-30-2010, 19:38
what makes them look even dorkier are those socks! LMAO

ChinMusic
11-30-2010, 19:40
I usually wait until I'm healed before venturing out....

Carbo
11-30-2010, 19:48
Hey, I see this all to often when hiking around the DWG, especially when coming back to within a mile of the parking area on I80. Could be the "Jersey girls", but more likely the "ladies" from Staten Island. All decked out with the jewelry, makeup, perfume that you can smell from 100 yards, and the heels. I have to give them credit for at least attempting to hike out there!

mweinstone
11-30-2010, 19:49
their not on tevas site so they dont exist. period. but if they did i was gonna go into my sub terrainian lex luther like lair for a while and think if i should blow the hatch holders and burrow.

Spokes
11-30-2010, 19:53
We already have people complaining about the tips of trekking poles damaging the trail.

Can anyone tell if those high heels have carbide tips?

Franco
11-30-2010, 20:01
http://www1.teva.com/gb/tribe/press/story.aspx?sid=64
Franco

mykl
11-30-2010, 22:56
I was dating a woman years ago and wanted to take her hiking. She was into it, I told her to wear boots. I should have been more specific. She met me at the trail head with four inch stiletto boots that came to her knee. Yea she looked hot, and we did the hike, just much shorter, it took a long time, she was slow, but we made it to a quiet spot by the lake. We had fun at that lake, and the boots were a plus out there and something I didn't expect :D.
I for one would love to see more women hiking in stilettos, much sexier than flat ugly sandals or the dreaded, hideous Birkenstocks.

Wise Old Owl
11-30-2010, 23:17
This is so not funny, I learned a life lesson about inviting people to hike on Maui. My Mother in law showed up on a mountain hike climbing this in high heals. The mud , the falls, she fell down so severe she bruised her coxis bones. I now check everyone prior to hiking.

http://www.primetab.com/flying/18.Maui.Launiupoke.640.jpg

4eyedbuzzard
12-01-2010, 00:31
their not on tevas site so they dont exist. period. but if they did i was gonna go into my sub terrainian lex luther like lair for a while and think if i should blow the hatch holders and burrow.
Better start burrowing http://thegloss.com/fashion/this-really-exists-the-teva-stiletto/

http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2010/11/tevastiletto-490x490.jpg

txag
12-01-2010, 01:20
Whatev! Maybe $500 a pair if they can get a pic of Lindsey Lohan wearing them stepping into a Prius.

Most likely 100 bucks next year at sierratradingpost - wait for the aditional 30% off coupon.

Cabin Fever
12-01-2010, 07:43
Now, it needs to go both ways. Louis Vouitton should team up with Salomon to bring high fashion to the trail for guys! :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Miner
12-01-2010, 14:43
I wonder how many of these will be found in the first hiker box by those who thought they'd make cute town shoes?

Blissful
12-01-2010, 16:21
Now we can have another record breaker - who will be the first to thru hike the AT in these.

Any takers?

Not Now Jon
12-01-2010, 17:31
Hmmm......not real sure how to reply.
I guess if people will buy a snuggie, then people will buy these. :confused:
And as long as it's not my money....

Toolshed
12-01-2010, 17:47
Well.. on this subject... I do wear Dansko clogs with a 2" inch heel. Most comfortable shoe I have ever owned. It's not a big deal in Europe, but most men in the states would rather take a bullet to the head than wear them.

Luddite
12-01-2010, 17:51
They might actually help you self-arrest.

Franco
12-01-2010, 18:01
Now we can have another record breaker - who will be the first to thru hike the AT in these.

Any takers?

I have had the best bleeding blisters from my Teva way back when they became temporarily a mandatory item.
Not sure if I could be bothered toughening up my feet in the right places just for these but maybe if I find the right kind of socks they could be a goer.
Thinking about it...
Franco

tawa
12-01-2010, 18:09
Do they glow in the dark?

ShoelessWanderer
12-02-2010, 15:00
:-? I was told I could not wear my hiking sandals to be in a wedding, that I have to wear heels...I think I just found my answer :)

MisplacedMainer
12-03-2010, 02:54
Make them wedges and put a little compartment for storage and you'll be good to go!

ShoelessWanderer
12-03-2010, 13:12
Make them wedges and put a little compartment for storage and you'll be good to go!

lol, that's hilarious! And totally fits in the "everything should have more than one purpose" mantra.

kayak karl
12-03-2010, 13:47

Any takers?
but ill follow her too make sure all is good :)

camper10469
12-03-2010, 17:47
Hey, I see this all to often when hiking around the DWG, especially when coming back to within a mile of the parking area on I80. Could be the "Jersey girls", but more likely the "ladies" from Staten Island. All decked out with the jewelry, makeup, perfume that you can smell from 100 yards, and the heels. I have to give them credit for at least attempting to hike out there!

Yummmm.... Younins frum Brooooklin n Dats an islan. :welcome

Smile
12-04-2010, 08:14
I for one would love to see more women hiking in stilettos, much sexier than flat ugly sandals or the dreaded, hideous Birkenstocks.

You first, give them a test run and let us know how that goes. :)

Fiddleback
12-04-2010, 11:20
When it comes to "heals" (sic) aren't we just drawing a line here?;) After all, don't those manly cowboys and the many more dress-a-likes wear heels of different heights and widths? Obviously, the rugged cowboy boots worn by such rugged boys (and girls) have there place in the great outdoors.

On the other hand, while in their 'heels', most of those folks walk kinda funny...:D

FB

weary
12-04-2010, 11:36
I usually wait until I'm healed before venturing out....
As do I. Sometimes I even stop on the trail to allow afflictions to heal. For instance, once I was forced to buy new boots in a trail town with minimal choices, The only pair my size had prominent heels -- may be a half inch high. They quickly produced blisters on my heels. Until the heels on my boots wore down I had to reduce my daily mileage and rest often to allow time for the heel blisters to heal.