PDA

View Full Version : WhiteBlaze.net BOOT STICKER design...VOTE

fishinfred
12-16-2004, 13:27
I've been trying to come up with a really cool sticker for Whiteblazers that hopefully will generate more donations for the site :banana These are some that I showed AT TROLL and he likes them all...lol... but I want to make a bunch of just 1 design so I need your opinions on these to decide which one to make .These would be basically window stickers about 3"x 6" and would have to sell for about $4 with $1 going to the Whiteblaze.net community...I could make them smaller (cheaper) but I think they would be kind of hard to read ...
Anyways if you could take the time and pick the one you like 1,2,3,4,or 5 and post your pick here it would be a big help in determining which one to make,if you don't like any of these let me know if I should go back to the drawing board and I'll keep at it .... I guess I'll start off and say my choice is #4 or #5 :rolleyes: #5 was a suggestion from a Whiteblazer and I thought was a great idea so I added it and have also made a few modifications to the others /per suggestions .....
Thanks for taking the time to do this ....heres the Pics....what do you think???
http://fredor111.tripod.com/3fa0ada0.jpg
CHECK MOST RECENT POSTINGS FOR REVISED ... SAMPLES..I'll keep this going ubtil tomorrow evening some time then i will start making some of the most popular ones ...your vote counts and $1 from each one sold will go to WhiteBlaze.........Any suggestions appriciated !!!!
Once I determine which one to make they will be available on my website and Ebay probably in a day or 2 with the donation to WhiteBlaze offer:clap ..... Thanks again!!!
Fishinfred

dje97001
12-16-2004, 14:33
Not trying to be a pain--I hate it when people do this to me... but I like #4 with the lowercase ".net" from #1. Pretty nice though.

orangebug
12-16-2004, 14:39
I like #3 as there is more contrast for the name. But 4 is okay. 1 will do. 2 sucks.

I wonder which one Benton MacKaye would have preferred...

Tha Wookie
12-16-2004, 14:45
Not trying to be a pain--I hate it when people do this to me... but I like #4 with the lowercase ".net" from #1. Pretty nice though.
I agree... but 2 is pretty cool IMOP (though not for everyone):sun

Have you thought of doing one for the American West Coast Trail? It would be the first of its kind. Can you do patches?

www.trailjournals.com/westcoast (http://www.trailjournals.com/westcoast)

UCONNMike
12-16-2004, 15:02
can you do it in green for number 2? that would prob look pretty cool...

Kerosene
12-16-2004, 15:26
Option #3 with a lower case ".net".

zenribbits
12-16-2004, 18:03
I would really like number one if all of the white was actually clear, but whiteblaze was still in white. I agree with the lowercase .net suggestion as well. Is it too much of an expense at the moment to provide all four choices and only have a few printed at a time? You have provided a very well thoughout concept with each of the four you have posted. Perhaps one that says my (so-and-so) hiked 2,200 miles and all I got was this crappy (such-and-such) will be offered in the future?

MisterSweetie
12-16-2004, 19:15
I like the first two best, because I don't like the rectangularness of the last three. However, it would be coolest if the "whiteblaze" was actually part of the tread, and looked like you might see a shoe with that.. now it just looks like whiteblaze is stuck over the shoe tread (which I suppose it is).

But yeah, of those choices, I like #2 the best. Too bad they have to have the ".net" at all, because that just doesn't add anything to the sticker in my opinion.

Lone Wolf
12-16-2004, 19:17
I like #2. Call me anal. :D

fishinfred
12-16-2004, 19:50
The actual sticker is just the boot ....the last 2 are shown on black to simulate what they would look like on a dark window....just so ya know

FF

orangebug
12-16-2004, 20:48
Still like #3. I just don't like the "flesh tone" of #2. I like #2's font the best, but not the italic ".net"

But understanding this is how it would look on a "dark window" makes it less likely that it would show up on a normal car window.

I change my vote to #1 with red WHITEBLAZE. I also change my vote to Howard Dean, as long as it isn't going anywhere.

fishinfred
12-16-2004, 21:27
#2 is actually suposed to be Gold...its a metalic gold and pretty nice looking ...close as I can get to it with the artwork ...the real thing will look much better.
FF

fishinfred
12-17-2004, 01:35
I accidentally deleted that first picture off my website and it disapeared from the 1st post so I added the new picture of samples with a few modifications that were suggested ,plus added #5 sample ....so far from the emails 3-4 are winning in popularity ....now theres #5 which I think is pretty cool ....non AT Hikers wouldnt have a clue but Whiteblazers would know ....
FF

Tha Wookie
12-17-2004, 01:45
After lookng again, I'm sticking with #2. It just has character -very different and I'd put it on my truck.

Nameless
12-17-2004, 04:11
I really like #2 but some other color then gold.... mabey a red or a green

Thanks
Pink

Jaybird
12-17-2004, 06:37
FF:

i like #1 or #5...i'm into GREEN!...& of course, WHITEBLAZE.net! :D

MedicineMan
12-17-2004, 06:46
ok just pulling your leg.....
i want #5 would contrast good with a white vehicle

Bloodroot
12-17-2004, 08:53
How about #4 but with the backdrop black, whiteblaze in green and the "i" in white and slightly larger.

uscgretired
12-17-2004, 11:18
I like Number 5 but with the word Whiteblaze inside the Whiteblaze.

Bloodroot
12-17-2004, 11:49
I like Number 5 but with the word Whiteblaze inside the Whiteblaze.
Yes, good idea! I like that too.

Dainon
12-17-2004, 13:29
#5 but with 'whiteblaze' in words rather than the symbol... but i also like #1, too...

dje97001
12-17-2004, 13:33
Okay, well, sorry fred... new favorite. #1 is awesome. #4 is now my second favorite.

Jack Tarlin
12-17-2004, 17:46
I think #5 has the boldest graphics, but I'd leve the boot just as it is is and have "Whiteblaze.net" under the boot instead of just "net." The way it is now, if people don't understand that the white rectangle is a "whiteblaze",
then I'm not sure they'll make the connection re. the website address.

If you put the words "Whiteblaze.net" under the boot instead of just "net." then this has two advantages: It doesn't interfere with the excellent boot graphic, and by including the entire website address, it might encourage more folks to check out the website.

keithweezer1
12-17-2004, 19:49
go with #5

RenaissanceMan98
12-17-2004, 20:51
I honestly like 'em all, but I gotta second Jack's post. Very nice bootprint graphic on number 5, and add whiteblaze.net underneath.

fishinfred
12-18-2004, 00:12
Great response ! I've been working on your ideas and suggestions and heres the revised versions ....pick from these shown (you can stick with one of the first ones in 1st post also) and I will let you guys decide which ones you would like to see made with $1 from each one sold going towards WhiteBlaze.net (I will make a bunch of the most popular for Trail Days which should really help $$ wise for the site .I will pick a few of the most popular and start making them tomorrow evening and get them on Ebay too .You will get a choice of 2-3 of the most popular (the more the merrier!!)Free Shipping (Merry Xmas) if you buy them direct from the Website for the rest of the month too !! I 'll have to charge .99 s/h on the Ebay ones so getting them direct Paypal or Checks in the mail will save you a little $$$ 3.99 = $1 to Whiteblaze.net.... WHITEBLAZERS SPECIAL ( you will always get someting extra with anything I ship out ..:rolleyes:
Here they are ...Your vote counts ....which one would you like to see out there !Thanks again for taking the time to help with making the "Coolest" WhiteBlaze Sticker for benefiting this site $1 from each one sold to the site!
http://fredor111.tripod.com/3fc99500.jpg
KEEP IN MIND THE BLACK BACGROUND IS JUST TO SHOW WHAT THEY WILL LOOK LIKE ON A DARK WINDOW which I imagine is where most will go ..?? The Vinyl sticks to any smooth surface.

Any other suggestions ??? Just let me know ..Thanks again ... I will start making some of these tomorrow night sometime :banana If I get your order for one this weekend I will ship it out monday morning so everyone could get some just in time for Xmas ....Awsome ...which one do you like ? Email me or post your choice here ...Happy Logo Pickin"
Thanks again!!
Fishinfred

RenaissanceMan98
12-18-2004, 00:36
my new favorite is revised 2, no.4.

bigcat2
12-18-2004, 01:40
All around good designs. My favourite is Revised 1 #1 and my second runner up is Revised 2 #4, but possibly w/ .net in white. I would keep the green shoe though, I think it helps bring out the lettering more. Just my opinion.

attroll
12-18-2004, 02:16
I was playing around with this a little. I created this one with the AT behide the WhiteBlaze name.

You will have to click on the attachment to see it.

fishinfred
12-18-2004, 11:12
Heres a couple more with the AT added also.Keep in mind also that the darker the boot the less it will show up on a window ...kick these all around for the day and I'll try and start making some tonight of your choices :banana

Thanks Everyone!
Fishinfred
http://fredor111.tripod.com/3fe69350.jpg

bigcat2
12-18-2004, 12:12
Ooooh! :) I like the teal AT boot one.

Jack Tarlin
12-18-2004, 15:56
I like reveised 1, #5

Nice work!

fishinfred
12-18-2004, 20:24
Well....:-? what the heck I'll start making these up PER/ORDER ...Take your pick from all the above only 3.99 with FREE SHIPPING and $1 will go to WhiteBlaze ,I'll have this offer going until the 1st but if you order one TONIGHT I will ship it monday morning and you might still get it by xmas :jump
After XMAS I will narrow the choices down to 1-2 so pick your favorite go to my "Hiker page " @ http://fishinfreds.com (you can email me too if you have any questions) and hit the http://paypal.com here or at the bottom of the webpage YOU CAN SEE THEM ALL together there too !Just let me know what your choice is and I will ship it right away!!
Thanks for the great suggestions and Im curious to see which ones actually sell.:banana
Happy Trails!!! and...HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
Fishinfred

fishinfred
12-18-2004, 22:07
You also have a choice of any of these PENDANTS for 3.99 .. .99 s/h with $1 going to WhiteBlaze .....buy these while you can too !!!
http://fredor111.tripod.com/4009f370.jpg
http://fredor111.tripod.com/4025b040.jpg
Great gifts!! Order today while they last!!!
Thanks again!!!
Fishinfred

fishinfred
12-19-2004, 13:45
Don't feel like you have to buy something to have your choice of sticker count ,keep posting your choices and suggestions and after xmas we will vote on the best ONE to have at Trail Days this year to help promote WhiteBlaze.net to the rest of the hiker community out there ....Will do a regular vote posting after xmas on the final 2-3 most popular. This is a real pleasure to to this and I am greatful for the support ...Thank you all and happy holidays !!! So far the green boot with AT in the blaze is #1 with email-sales so far ....:banana which one do you like??
Email or post here your choice or suggestions and try and decide on just 1 and if you want one for yourself of your pick I am making them per order until xmas with free shipping ..
Thanks again!!!
Fishinfred

fishinfred
12-20-2004, 11:50
Thanks for all the suggestions ....I will post a picture in a few days showing these WhiteBlaze stickers actually made up in vinyl ...Im hoping to only make about 4-5 different designs and already have a couple designs done ...Keep those votes going on these ,as it will give me a better idea which ones to make up over the next few days ...then after Xmas I will post the VOTE POLL for the coolest most popular and get a bunch of them made up before I leave ...which is approaching fast!!!
:banana
Thanks again!
Fishinfred

Waterbuffalo
12-20-2004, 22:22
#5 is my fave

fishinfred
12-20-2004, 23:53
Well I've been messin around a little with these tonight and thought I'd post this pic of some actual stickers...just a few to show the actual colors... they all look good!!! If you see your favorite in this pic I have made up a few of each of these ....$3.99 free shipping until the 1st with a buck to Whiteblaze.net,honestly stickers like these will retail for 5-6 bucks in the future so get em while they're CHEAP... and while you can ...these designs may get tossed in the next week as the votes come in .Thanks Much!!!
Keep posting your choices !!!!!!
FF

http://fredor111.tripod.com/40b0c6a0.jpg

MedicineMan
12-21-2004, 00:07
put me in for several of those

Big Dawg
12-21-2004, 00:35
Revised 1, #5 is my vote!

attroll
12-21-2004, 01:22
I like #2 in post #28. But I am wondering how it would look in black. If I am going to use this as a window stick wouldn't black show up better? How bright is the green?

Tha Wookie
12-21-2004, 02:15
I got my ornaments, my pendants, AND my stickers today! Awesome! Ecellent craftsmanship on the woodcraft!

Thanks, FinishnFred !

fishinfred
12-21-2004, 10:23
Great Wookie!! Glad you like the "Stuff"....more to come

On the stickers... Black shows the least on a window as in the picture of actual stickers on a black background....the black boot hardly shows at all....but they will be good for sticking on your bumpers or anywhere else with a lighter background.
Thanks again ALL
Happy Holidays!!!
FF

The Solemates
12-21-2004, 10:28
Revised 1, #5 looks the best to me.

What size are these stickers?

attroll
12-21-2004, 13:30
Great Wookie!! Glad you like the "Stuff"....more to come

On the stickers... Black shows the least on a window as in the picture of actual stickers on a black background....the black boot hardly shows at all....but they will be good for sticking on your bumpers or anywhere else with a lighter background.
Thanks again ALL
Happy Holidays!!!
FF
Ok that makes sense. I thought these were window stickers like the others you send with the pendants. I did not realize that you had a black background behind it.

fishinfred
12-21-2004, 14:45
The size of these are approx 3"x 6" if you think I should make them smaller please let me know and I will .....the black background is just to simulate the stickers being stuck to a dark looking window...if you want a sticker for somewhere else that isnt a dark surface the black will be fine ....

FF

LEGS
12-22-2004, 00:43
hey fred!!! the stickers i got at traildays are stiill looking good. can't wait to get one of these on the back of my van. i'm like you i lean towards #5 for the same reasons, and it does say it all without the print!!! nice work man. see you on the trail soon. take care and happy hikin!!!!!:clap

fishinfred
12-22-2004, 12:01
Hey Legs good to hear from you!!! Thanks for voting your choice of a WhiteBlaze sticker ....also made me think of all the blueblazers out there (Can't forget them!!) Heres something I came up with for all the Blueblazer crowd...check it out on ebay right now @http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5945199797&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I have been making a few more Whiteblaze stickers per request from the samples here and should have a final 4-5 to start a vote posting very soon !!

Hey Legs I will definetly see ya at Trail Days !!! :banana
Happy Holidays!!
FF