PDA

View Full Version : what did u wish for?

Megapixel
12-04-2010, 21:13
Former thru hikers, is there something that once you got on trail, you wish you would've done before you left? Like save more money, buy more memory cards, etc...

CrumbSnatcher
12-04-2010, 21:44
i know of a few hikers that took great pitcures of the trail,towns,sites,etc. but realized they didn't get pitcures of all their trail friends

Lone Wolf
12-04-2010, 21:58
Former thru hikers, is there something that once you got on trail, you wish you would've done before you left? Like save more money, buy more memory cards, etc...

what'a a memory card? :-?

4eyedbuzzard
12-04-2010, 23:10
what'a a memory card? :-?
I forgot.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpnKk80ffiUxnurNYjYwYsMdEjbaotO 59yStPVBsVb87-Dofms

Colter
12-05-2010, 11:38
i know of a few hikers that took great pitcures of the trail,towns,sites,etc. but realized they didn't get pitcures of all their trail friends

Exactly. Take more pictures of trail friends and trail experiences, not just trail places.

Spokes
12-05-2010, 13:35
I wish I'd captured more short video's- landscape stuff is fun but I'm talking about more scenes bout trail life, fellow thru's met along the way you know?. Generally more about the whole sub-culture...........

Damn I miss it!

Oh, were you talking gear and the other physical stuff?

cbeaves
12-06-2010, 22:38
I wished I had saved more money, particularly for life after the trail.

lunatic
12-07-2010, 18:11
I wish I would have taken a small lightweight flask. really.

Also, I agree with Spokes about the pictures, once on the trail. I have loads and loads of landscape shots, some very nice, but not nearly as many pics of other hikers and "shelter life". I didn't even take any of Spokes, and we ran into each other a few times on the trail!!