PDA

View Full Version : NOBO weather

cyclocrosser
12-16-2004, 16:45
What kind of weather can I expect hiking NOBO starting June 1. Heat doesn't bother me much, I am most concerned about how cold it is going to get up north.

Peaks
12-17-2004, 21:35
How cold is it going to be up north? Well, that all depends on when you are going to get there.

Weather carrot and Wingfoot both have average temperatures posted.

In New England you can expect frost at night anytime after mid September.

Seraphim
12-17-2004, 22:27
All I know is, October in ME was COLD. We stealthed often on peaks, and every morning I was greeting with teeth-chattering, condensation and an extra packet of oatmeal. But I didn't wake up to a frozen water bottle until after WHL, October 6. Hiking, you don't get cold, you're quite warm, but don't stop! And nights were only comfortable close to someone else, near a fire, or moving... But it is still Maine, and anything is possible.:sun But it's still the way life should be!

minnesotasmith
12-19-2004, 01:02
Is www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com) . You just plug in the city and state like this: Atlanta,GA . Then, you can see averages and records. Look at it a month at a time, and it'll show you the average and record highs & lows for each day in that month for that location.

orangebug
12-19-2004, 10:32
A better website is www.weather.gov

No ads. No cookies. No begging for money, they already got it. You will see the source material that Weather.Com uses.