PDA

View Full Version : Lost Hiker from Erwin & Flint Mountain?

wornoutboots
12-08-2010, 15:16
I just returned from this section & read in several registers that a hiker was lost & then found ok in this area in November? Does anyone have any info on this or was it posted already?

10-K
12-08-2010, 15:22
Lost and found... :)

It ended good.

wornoutboots
12-08-2010, 15:28
Hey 10-K did I pass you last week? I spoke with someone on trail in the evening who was just dropped off by their wife at Spivey Gap & heading Nobo?

10-K
12-08-2010, 17:11
Hey 10-K did I pass you last week? I spoke with someone on trail in the evening who was just dropped off by their wife at Spivey Gap & heading Nobo?

Yep, that was me on an impromptu overnighter.

I asked the same question to you in that thread about hiking from Erwin to Davenport Gap but I guess you didn't see it - when you said you had hiked that section week before last I figured it had to be you I passed.

Did you find the campsites across 19 I was telling you about or did you keep on going? It got pretty cold that night, eh? :)

wornoutboots
12-09-2010, 23:31
I actually kept going until those rock stairs & made a spot far to the left, thanks for the info. I also met the hiker the next day that was at your shelter with you that night "Legs", we hiked the next 3-4 days together, did you notice he only was carrying canned goods? He's a good guy