PDA

View Full Version : I'm hiking again

wacocelt
12-17-2004, 14:22
I will be returning to the AT early next year, i may attempt a Thru, I may not, I'm just going to hike and enjoy being out of 'civilization'. I'm looking at the 1st of January or the first week of January at the latest for this coming hike, perhaps I'll make it out for New Years on Springer.

My wife has asked me not to hike as FUBAR this year, because she doesn't want me to be ostracized by the people of and on the trail. I have agreed to start the trail 'nameless' and pick one up as I go, though I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to hide. The people who have met and gotten to know me understand that the incident that occured was a mistake and completely out of my character. I will be hiking and making friends again this year, if anyone has doubts or questions of me I welcome you to post your questions and comments here or in a PM, my email address is [email protected], if you prefer to approach/criticize me there.

I'de like to hope that this issue can remain behind us, as my changes of personality and lifestyle will be evident and hopefully my wifes fears are unfounded. I would like to very humbly ask however, if anyone does have issue that you allow me the respect to adress it here and not on or near the trail because at the first sign of any confrontation I will simply hike-on, even if it means repacking and leaving a campsite or shelter.

When and if I recieve a new trail name you fine folks will be the first to know! Happy Holidays, Be well!

Christopher

Jack Tarlin
12-17-2004, 17:18
Christopher:

Good luck next year, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Best wishes for the Christmas season to you and your lovely wife, hope to see you guys down the line somewhere!

screwysquirrel
12-18-2004, 23:01
Good luck and may you have a good hike. Remeber that the AT is always a new hike and your expierences will always be different.

Freighttrain
12-19-2004, 12:10
Chris,

Best of luck on your upcomming hike and Merry Christmas!

I wish you two all the best..........

kinda cold start huh?

would have been cool if ya'll could have joined me n WolfHound this past summer on the Missouri

Say hi to the wolfman for me

peace........
FreightTrain

wacocelt
12-19-2004, 18:11
Thanks Bj, SS and FT! I've gotten nothing but good responses so far, so good.

I wish I could have gone as well Freight, Wolfhound ( my father in law and one of my best friends for those reading along) talked about paddling for 2 weeks almost non-stop when he got back. Now he's got the hiking bug helping me prepare for this coming hike. I think he's planning on hitting the Florida Trail in the Spring with little Curt. It's unbelievably cool to be married to a Thru Hiker, who's father is also a Thru hiker... noone gets one bit bent out of shape when you say, "I think I'll take a walk in the woods for 6 months or so".

Thanks again for the words of support folks, it honestly means alot to me. Hope to see some of you out there!

SGT Rock
12-20-2004, 09:21
Good luck!

Bloodroot
12-20-2004, 09:42
Happy Trails! Starting mine in April, might see ya out there.