PDA

View Full Version : Early bids for 2011 resolutions

johnnybgood
12-09-2010, 20:16
I know , we still have three weeks before the new year , but has anyone thought about what new year resolutions they might make for 2011 ?

Hiking more miles, making preparations for a thru- hike , or maybe something like volunteering to be a trail maintainer in 2011. Or perhaps donating time to an organization like the Boys & Girls Club for inner city youth.

Give me some of your ideas for what resolutions you could make.

My 2011 resolution ( only 1 so far ) is to help maintain a portion of the trail through my local hiking club.

Blissful
12-09-2010, 20:23
To finish my SOBO this spring. :)
To try and day hike once a week.
To do blogging and articles on SOBO, NOBO hiking and things I learned or observed. Maybe even an article for an outdoor mag.

Luddite
12-09-2010, 20:24
This will be third time I've made this reolution: quit smoking by next new years day!

johnnybgood
12-31-2010, 17:18
bumpity bump...
over 2010 hump
new year ringing
happy'11 dinging
and ever so ever near
bringing lots 'o cheer
and good tidings too
for a year thats new.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!

kayak karl
12-31-2010, 17:31
New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.

Different Socks
12-31-2010, 17:39
I complete one of my 2010 resolutions today: I wanted to se as many sunsets as i could in 1 year. Last two days have been cloudy but today dawned cold(sub-zero temps) and clear(beauty view of crescent moon and Venus this morning). The last day of the year will allow me to see my 164th sunset. Go to my Facebook page, ask to be my friend and you can see all 164 sunsets, one of which won "Best of Show" at the local county fair. BTW, I work 2 jobs, so that's why the sunset number isn't higher.

As for 2011? I'm still working on those....................

Tinker
12-31-2010, 18:14
TO WATCH MY DIET!! :(

After years of above average health reports, my recent checkup showed high blood pressure. Almost exactly a week later I got a case of gout. There is probably no other way a big toe could hurt so much. Thankfully, I immediately drank as much water as I could to flush out the uric acid which apparantly had taken hold because I ate too much meat, drank too little dairy, was habitually dehydrated (having no good places to pee while landscaping after the leaves had dropped).
So, after one completely sleepless night and three days of hobbling, I seem to be firmly on the mend.
I used to poo-poo diet and lean towards the idea that exercise was a cure-all, but last year I got too little (aerobic) exercise and threw all caution to the wind, diet-wise, figuring that landscaping was enough exercise - it's not. (sigh).

Indi
12-31-2010, 18:34
1. To quit smoking before my thru (I'm mostly replacing with e-cigs to wean myself down off the nicotine, seems to be going pretty well so far)...
2. To complete my thru - March 15th through ???
3. To pick myself up after a pretty awful 2010.
4. To be comfortable in my own skin.

hikerboy57
12-31-2010, 18:41
This will be third time I've made this reolution: quit smoking by next new years day!
this is my favorite resolution, gladly join you, although this is the 5th year I'm making the same res. I've quit so many times I cant really call it quitting, but with april10,2012 start date for my thru, i've got some extra motivation. Even smoking, i can still do miles, but I start obsessing about my next nicotine fix, and would like the freedom from the mind control that quitting will bring.
Good Luck!