PDA

View Full Version : Gossamer Gear Night Lite Sleep Pad 3/4

Singletrack
12-18-2004, 10:47
Has anyone tried this sleep pad out? Seems it is similar to the the Mt. Washington sleep pad. Any response appreciated.

DebW
12-19-2004, 15:41
Has anyone tried this sleep pad out? Seems it is similar to the the Mt. Washington sleep pad. Any response appreciated.

I've got the torso sized version. Comfort is pretty reasonable. Alot nicer than a flat closed-cell foam pad.

Budster the Great
12-22-2004, 01:16
I have the full-size version, which I cut down to 40".

I love the weight (5.5 oz) and that it doubles as the back pad for my Gossamer Gear G4 pack. I've spent five nights outdoors on it; four were very comfortable, but the night I chose a rocky campsite, I didn't sleep as well as I would've on my therm-a-rest ultralite. But that's mostly my bad for choosing a less-than-perfect site.

Gossamer Gear is one of the best companies I've dealt with, so there's also that. Also, I'm not aware of any other company offering evazote pads since the demise of the Mt. Washington. This pad is supposed to be slightly cushier than the Mt. Wash. was.

In sum: great company, good pad, you'll have to choose your sites carefully to ensure a good night's sleep.

DavidR
12-22-2004, 12:48
I use the torso length pad in combination with my Torsolight pad from Bpl. I have found this to be a great combination and less then a pound.

I don't think I could sleep comfortable on just the Nightlight pad.

tlbj6142
12-22-2004, 14:24
Torsolight pad from Bpl.Which one do you put on top? I was really looking at the torsolight pad, but the 12" width at the bottom edge had me a bit worried.

I just got the NightLight pad (torso length) for Xmas and haven't spent a night on it yet. But it does appear to be the most comfrotable closed-cell pad I have have ever layed on.

DavidR
12-30-2004, 14:03
The TorsoLight pad goes on top. Pretty comfortable.:)