PDA

View Full Version : Trail Journals question

Praha4
12-15-2010, 18:41
anyone familiar with Trail Journals website hopefully can offer some advice:

how do you create a new Trail Journal for a 2011 AT hike, if you plan on using the same trailname?

I've tried starting one for 2011, and it keeps putting the journal entries under my old 2010 Trail Journal. I see other hikers with multiple trail journals for different years and different trails, using the same trailname....

Cookerhiker
12-15-2010, 19:53
Log in to your 2010 account and scroll around until you find "Add another journal account." I think it's in the Welcome or Admin section.

Ladytrekker
12-15-2010, 19:54
Sign In to your account
Select Admin (top of the menu on the left side)
Add another journal account (that starts a new journal)

Hope this helps. I do some scribing for LD hikers so if I can help just ask.

Driver8
12-15-2010, 20:21
Also re: Trail Journals. I want to sign up with a reader account, but when I click on the "join" link from the home page, I get a page where I can create a journal accout, but no link is given to create a reader account. The page mentioned reader accounts but doesn't give such a link. I'm not tackling a long distance hike, yet, so I just want to start with reader acct.

Any clues on this? Thanks in advance.

Ladytrekker
12-15-2010, 21:54
Also re: Trail Journals. I want to sign up with a reader account, but when I click on the "join" link from the home page, I get a page where I can create a journal accout, but no link is given to create a reader account. The page mentioned reader accounts but doesn't give such a link. I'm not tackling a long distance hike, yet, so I just want to start with reader acct.

Any clues on this? Thanks in advance.

Reader Accounts
We now have reader accounts for avid trailjournals readers. Reader accounts have many features. Your reader account will allow you to bookmark journals that you are following. All of the entries that you have read will be marked as read. The photos that you have viewed will be marked as viewed. You can add a favorite entry to your list of favorites. These are just a few of the many options that you have with your trailjournals reader account. To create a new reader account click the join link on the left navigation.

You have to follow thru with completing an account it is free you do not have to be doing a thru hike to have a reader acct. Basically a reader account lets you bookmark, etc. But you can read all the journals without creating an account if it is an journal you want to follow just add it to your favorites on put it on your favorite bar. I usually select two people each year and follow their journal.

Speer Carrier
12-15-2010, 22:25
anyone familiar with Trail Journals website hopefully can offer some advice:

how do you create a new Trail Journal for a 2011 AT hike, if you plan on using the same trailname?

I've tried starting one for 2011, and it keeps putting the journal entries under my old 2010 Trail Journal. I see other hikers with multiple trail journals for different years and different trails, using the same trailname....

I tried to look at your 2010 journal and found no listing for Praha4. Did you journal under a different name?

I'm always looking for journals that are updated with some regularity, have sensible paragraph breaks, and aren't boring as heck.

Cookerhiker
12-15-2010, 22:36
I tried to look at your 2010 journal and found no listing for Praha4. Did you journal under a different name?

I'm always looking for journals that are updated with some regularity, have sensible paragraph breaks, and aren't boring as heck.

According to the link shown on his post above, his TrailJournals.com name is Noboat. The link above didn't connect but if you go to TJ, you'll find him by scrolling down to Noboat.

Phreak
12-15-2010, 22:50
Reader Accounts
We now have reader accounts for avid trailjournals readers. Reader accounts have many features. Your reader account will allow you to bookmark journals that you are following. All of the entries that you have read will be marked as read. The photos that you have viewed will be marked as viewed. You can add a favorite entry to your list of favorites. These are just a few of the many options that you have with your trailjournals reader account. To create a new reader account click the join link on the left navigation.

You have to follow thru with completing an account it is free you do not have to be doing a thru hike to have a reader acct. Basically a reader account lets you bookmark, etc. But you can read all the journals without creating an account if it is an journal you want to follow just add it to your favorites on put it on your favorite bar. I usually select two people each year and follow their journal.
I just went to Trailjournals and still don't see an option for reader accounts.

Driver8
12-15-2010, 23:35
Reader Accounts

Hi Ladytrekker:

I'm having the same result as phreak. Where did you find the above at tj? Can you share a link? Thank you!

Phreak
12-15-2010, 23:42
Hi Ladytrekker:

I'm having the same result as phreak. Where did you find the above at tj? Can you share a link? Thank you!
if you click on the HELP tab, it'll take you to a page for reader accounts. It says click the JOIN tab on the left navigation but there is no JOIN tab. I think the page is old. I tried sending an email to the email address listed on the page and it was returned undeliverable.