PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the Ignore button?

Pencil Pusher
12-19-2004, 18:14
So I was curious if folks used the ignore button here. I don't think it's useful, why do it when you don't even have to listen to the drivel? Point, click and move on.

-Senor Curious

wacocelt
12-19-2004, 18:43
I've considered it, but what's the fun of skipping all those tooth grinding, headache causing, purely and simply bassackwards posts made by Mt Dew, Baltimore Jack and L.Wolf.

(The names have been changed to protect the thin skins and huge egos of those quick fingered antagonists which, in thier own way, make this site what it is.)

steve hiker
12-20-2004, 02:19
No, I read em all. Even the asswad types who post ballistic messages about potsmokers and naked hikers.

zenribbits
12-20-2004, 03:48
So I was curious if folks used the ignore button here. I don't think it's useful, why do it when you don't even have to listen to the drivel? Point, click and move on.

-Senor CuriousI think you should have a fourth option on the poll.

"Ignore button!?! what ignore button???"

SGT Rock
01-07-2005, 22:53
I'm sort of obligated not to use the ignore button although there are times I would like to.

SiuWonfung
01-07-2005, 23:05
Yes, you are very wise.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

"...the lithium batteries are a worth while investment, but I am concerned with their atractive qualities for unwanted bears... ...and the yeti man"
-cyclocrosser

weary
01-07-2005, 23:40
Yes, you are very wise. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Can you say SiuWonfung? I'm tempted from time to time. But I resist.

Weary

SiuWonfung
01-07-2005, 23:50
yes you can, "siuwonfung"

minnesotasmith
01-08-2005, 05:41
Not only am I psychologically sturdy enough to cope with reading a POV different from mine, the people I would be tempted to put on "ignore" are just too likely to make unintentionally amusing posts to risk missing out on.;)

screwysquirrel
01-09-2005, 04:13
Just for a couple of birds that write idiotic statements to the previously written posts.

Jaybird
01-22-2005, 17:41
i dont use the IGNORE button....in fact...i'm ignoring this thread! hehehehehehe :D

Kozmic Zian
05-08-2005, 21:14
Yea....I don't think so. What's to ignore? Everybody's pretty even headed 'cept for a few wannabees. Most of the time the really off topic type posts are the interesting ones, if only for a few LOL's. The hot topics, guns, cell phones, dogs, rules, who's wrong, who's right....are kinda fun. I mostly 'ignore' the standard stuff, like gear, and who's hikin' where. Just don't go there if you don't wanna' hear it! Peace....KZ@

saimyoji
05-08-2005, 21:26
One night I put myself on the ignore list and forgot. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why my posts weren't appearing. :banana

Then I logged in on a friend's machine and saw all my posts. After reading some of them, I left myself on ignore. No one ever responds to my posts anyways.:-?

Hey, my banana stopped dancing. I won't know if it works on the post cause I'm ignoring myself. Could someone please let me know? Please? :confused:

Tha Wookie
05-08-2005, 21:32
Is there any way we can ignore the bananas?

The Cheat
05-09-2005, 13:40
I use it for people who post with non-default fonts. They give me a headache.

attroll
05-09-2005, 14:11
I use it for people who post with non-default fonts. They give me a headache.

I can relate to that. Those fonts can be enoying.

smokymtnsteve
05-09-2005, 22:28
Not only am I psychologically sturdy enough to cope with reading a POV different from mine, the people I would be tempted to put on "ignore" are just too likely to make unintentionally amusing posts to risk missing out on.;)

on this we agree MS perhaps a WB first :D

Buckingham
08-30-2005, 13:04
Since I don't use the ignore button here, can I take it to work with me and use it there. Now that would be helpful.

neo
08-30-2005, 13:28
no i do not use ignore button:cool: neo