PDA

View Full Version : Ebay ripoff

ec.hiker
12-20-2010, 13:28
Just wanted to let everyone know be super careful when buying things on ebay. I just got ripped off by a guy. Sent him money two onths ago said he sent my item never got it!! Thank goodness for pay pal or I would be out 50 bucks. Just telling everyone be careful when on those type of sites. There are crooks out there.

Slo-go'en
12-20-2010, 13:31
And if YOU sell anything on ebay, be sure to send it with a delivery confermation sticker at the very least. I have a freind who sells a lot on ebay and there are pleanty of people who try to rip him off by claiming they never got the item. It works both ways...

Bags4266
12-20-2010, 13:34
Well I used to sell a lot of things on E-bay. In defense of the seller, packages do get jacked from houses. Mail people leave packages hanging on mailboxes and doors are too easy a target for the scum.

4eyedbuzzard
12-20-2010, 13:36
Just wanted to let everyone know be super careful when buying things on ebay. I just got ripped off by a guy. Sent him money two onths ago said he sent my item never got it!! Thank goodness for pay pal or I would be out 50 bucks. Just telling everyone be careful when on those type of sites. There are crooks out there.
Other than checking for good feedback ratings, and just getting a sense of what and why they are selling something, it can be hard to know. Most sellers use some sort of delivery confirmation to be able to prove delivery. Paypal will back you unless the seller can prove delivery. FWIW, I've had over 100 eBay transactions and only one was a big problem. I got a counterfeit item but I quickly resolved it with the seller who took it back (including shipping both ways). Just like anywhere else though, if a deal is too good to be true, it's probably going to be a problem.

Rick500
12-20-2010, 13:52
I'm at a little over 200 eBay transactions now, and no problems so far, but you absolutely do have to pay attention to whom you're doing business with. You're right; there are crooks out there, just as there are offline.

ec.hiker
12-20-2010, 14:25
So now that you are all rewading please check out my items at www.JUSTKIDDING (http://www.JUSTKIDDING)!!!
I don't sell stuff on ebay. I wonder if that is actually a website

ec.hiker
12-20-2010, 14:26
Thats too funny I guess www anything is a website now a days!!!

So now that you are all rewading please check out my items at www.JUSTKIDDING (http://www.JUSTKIDDING)!!!
I don't sell stuff on ebay. I wonder if that is actually a website