PDA

View Full Version : Deal alert: eddie bauer folding day pack $10

swash
12-21-2010, 18:14
Went to eddie bauer today and they had a $50 folding day pack marked down to $30, then $10 starting today. It's 22L and feels a little heavy, but at $10 I couldn't pass it up. I was looking at the REI Flash for a day pack, but this will do. They are also starting a huge sale the 24th. They have a nice fleece mid layer that looks tempting.

Sorry no link for the pack, looks like it is no longer made.

kanga
12-21-2010, 18:25
Went to eddie bauer today and they had a $50 folding day pack marked down to $30, then $10 starting today. It's 22L and feels a little heavy, but at $10 I couldn't pass it up. I was looking at the REI Flash for a day pack, but this will do. They are also starting a huge sale the 24th. They have a nice fleece mid layer that looks tempting.

Sorry no link for the pack, looks like it is no longer made.
do you remember what it was called?

swash
12-21-2010, 18:32
do you remember what it was called?

The tag says "ADVENTURE SERIES PACKABLE BACKPACK". I'm filling it up with gear right now. It looks like a good daypack. I'd say it is more durable than the REI flash from what I've read about it.

swash
12-23-2010, 16:41
As I'm sure most stores are having big christmas sales Eddie Bauer is starting a huge one tomorrow and the lady who checked me out said that nearly everything is going to be 50+% off (my store at least). Right now there is a 30% the entire store going on so I picked up a first ascent quarter zip fleece for $35. Not bad for an expensive store

Mrs Baggins
12-23-2010, 17:35
In 2004 we bought Eddie Bauer "Weekender" packs to use on a trip to England. We had rented a motor home (long story - ending with "never again") and used the packs as luggage. Used them again for a couple more overseas trips and one overnight backpacking trip. They worked very well. We still have them and still use them for some trips. Also, I have an Eddie Bauer fleece vest that is very warm and I've day hiked in it in 30 - 40 degree temps quite comfortably.