PDA

View Full Version : Ron Haven--How do I get a hold of?

tawa
12-26-2010, 10:39
Need to talk to Ron Haven about a possible shuttle from Franlin down to Amicalola? Please advise.
Thank you.

wornoutboots
12-26-2010, 10:48
Havens Budget Inn 828-524-4403

Trailbender
12-26-2010, 11:07
Yeah, Ron is a good guy. I stopped at his budget inn on my thru, and had debit card issues. After they were resolved, he drove me back to the store for supplies. I have great memories of all the people I met on my thru just as much as the hiking. I didn't expect thru hiking to be so sociable, but I was pleasantly surprised.

gunner76
12-26-2010, 11:22
Ron is a good guy

I have never met the man but everything I have read and heard about him has been good. A hikers friend.

Bearpaw
12-26-2010, 11:26
Ron is as good as they come. He may not shuttle you himself, but he'll make sure you can get a shuttle from someone on his staff. He's a little busy running four hotels AND being a county commissioner. BUT knowing Ron, he may also choose to switch gears and drive you himself just to change up his day. Give him a call.

Red Hat
12-26-2010, 12:34
If he is busy, he may recommend Gene Roll to do the shuttle. Gene lived in Hiawassee and shuttled me from Franklin to Dahlonega last year. Then Josh from the Hiker Hostel drove me up to Springer.

mweinstone
12-26-2010, 12:52
somewhere in the beautiful hamlet of franklin sits a small simple room with a window and my name on the door. and just outside that room is a job for me working around hikers. and a little plump owl faced man with a funny collection of weird vehicals whos the comish of that place with a paycheck in his hand. im about a bowl and a half of spaggettie away from sending up the white flag, letting philadelphia suffer a future void of the great and awsome powerfull matthewskis presence, and pack it in for ronnieville.

but in answer to your question, no i dont know where you can get a shuttle in beautiful frankin. i dont know anything about that town full of hikers. ive never been to that place with the cool guy who owns everything and treats me like gold.sorrry.

mweinstone
12-26-2010, 12:55
but i do however know bag o' tricks, who is way more owl faced and largely plumper.

mweinstone
12-26-2010, 13:00
actually, these two handsome devils shuttel the heck outta folks. and i love em both.

Rain Man
12-26-2010, 14:46
Personally, I'm beginning to think he's an invented character! I've stopped by Franklin at least three times just to shake his hand for being so nice to my daughter when she hiked thru in 04, and I have yet to be able to track him down. I think outer space body-snatcher aliens must run that motel!
:D
Rain:sunMan

JERMM
12-26-2010, 15:17
Personally, I'm beginning to think he's an invented character! I've stopped by Franklin at least three times just to shake his hand for being so nice to my daughter when she hiked thru in 04, and I have yet to be able to track him down. I think outer space body-snatcher aliens must run that motel!

Ron is always around when women stop by...:D

Cookerhiker
12-26-2010, 22:21

You'll meet him if you come to the SoRuck.

mweinstone
12-26-2010, 22:31
ive been tempted all day to divudge the secret of how to summon the great and powerful ronnie.i cannot bear it any longer. sorry ron.

to get ron :

walk into the lobby of any one of his motels
ask politely if rons around
when told hes out,and asked if you want anything else...
hang your head and ack like you just lost a buddy
turn from the doorstep and ask,"when you see him please tell him matthewski says high"
now walk out in the parking lot and smoke a smoke or eat a granola bar and wait for it
within a few minutes the receptionist will have called ron and hes speeding to you now
when he comes say your names matthewski but not the one he knows
now you have met ron haven.

Ron Haven
01-01-2011, 23:01

.Rain Man, Call me at home the night before you are coming 828-369-8086 and I would love to meet you too. Yes I will be at the Ruck, Hiker Bash, March and April at the motels everyday for the hikers, Trail Days and nearby when you call me. Everyone have a happy New Year,

Ron Haven
01-01-2011, 23:05
Need to talk to Ron Haven about a possible shuttle from Franlin down to Amicalola? Please advise.
Thank you.
Tawa, I was in California for Christmas but I am back in Franklin now...

JaxHiker
01-01-2011, 23:10
Does anyone have #s for David (David's Shuttle Service)? He shuttled my buddy and I from Budget Inn to Tellico and Dicks Creek. I have his card but it got wet and most of the numbers are gone.

mweinstone
01-01-2011, 23:12
i refuse to have a happy new year. happy takes my focus off my unhappyness.and its all i got. without my unhappyness, worlds colide. lets look, shall we?

matthewski happy
matthewski unhappy

when im happy, i like to nappy. but thats nappy. and then i need a bath. and then soap, towels, new clothes, a snack, a hike, some woman, and so on. way way too many innocent folks and resources used.

when im unhappy i sit and pray. all day. till my spirit is sleighed. witch is good cause it weighs me down otherwise.then i need no bath. no soap, towels or new clothes.i dont need a hike or to marry a wife. and since all i used is god, its a win win situation.

please folks, conserve.

MkBibble
01-02-2011, 00:02
Does anyone have #s for David (David's Shuttle Service)? He shuttled my buddy and I from Budget Inn to Tellico and Dicks Creek. I have his card but it got wet and most of the numbers are gone.

this david? seems a little too far north for him, but maybe not...

http://atsurvivordave.com/

Ron Haven
01-02-2011, 00:19
Does anyone have #s for David (David's Shuttle Service)? He shuttled my buddy and I from Budget Inn to Tellico and Dicks Creek. I have his card but it got wet and most of the numbers are gone.the Dave in Franklin you are asking about is no longer around.

JaxHiker
01-02-2011, 10:08
the Dave in Franklin you are asking about is no longer around.

As in no longer with us or no longer with you?

I'm a little ways off for the next hike (Apr or May) but the plans are already in the works. Guess I'll check with you closer to the dates for current shuttle info. Thx.

10-K
01-02-2011, 10:13
the Dave in Franklin you are asking about is no longer around.

Is he the guy with the Ford pickup who rented an apartment from you?

If so, he shuttled me and my son a few times and we really enjoyed talking with him. Great guy....

Rain Man
01-02-2011, 10:36
Rain Man, Call me at home the night before you are coming 828-369-8086 and I would love to meet you too.

Will do. No telling when that'll be, though. But always happy to travel a back road (get off the Interstates).

Ron Haven
01-03-2011, 00:28
Is he the guy with the Ford pickup who rented an apartment from you?

If so, he shuttled me and my son a few times and we really enjoyed talking with him. Great guy....thats the one.