PDA

View Full Version : skelter in haste or shelter in waste?

mweinstone
12-26-2010, 16:27
scenario is, you must not cross your property line and you must continue to survive. there are no others. you are alone. with all your gear, supplys, skills and wits, how long. indefinatly or not must be posted, then exsplaine. examples: you need medicine or you will die. or, you have what you need and you wont. or anything in between useing all your abilitys and resources and an estimate of how long you would live.the time is now, the place is your home.go.

mweinstone
12-26-2010, 16:30
forever. collecting rain out the windows and eating bugs and mice.surviving winters in my 20 below bag.remaining sane thru prayer.

Old Hiker
12-26-2010, 16:32
I'm dead. xxxxx

4eyedbuzzard
12-26-2010, 17:09
I'm dead. xxxxx
That's okay, you'll outlast this thread.

TheChop
12-26-2010, 17:34
Gather pen and paper. Write up an article of governance. Write up deed to more land. Since no one else is around no one will object. Go where I need to to get what I need.

waywardfool
12-26-2010, 19:19
Lure neighbors onto my property with offer of a warm meal. Cook and eat them.

Amberalicia
12-26-2010, 19:48
scenario is, you must not cross your property line and you must continue to survive. there are no others. you are alone. with all your gear, supplys, skills and wits, how long. indefinatly or not must be posted, then exsplaine. examples: you need medicine or you will die. or, you have what you need and you wont. or anything in between useing all your abilitys and resources and an estimate of how long you would live.the time is now, the place is your home.go.

Aw Matty, you're off your meds again. Don't you have someone checking on you each day? You should.

It's good though we are about to be nailed by a Nor'easter so survival skills are warmed and ready. Actually went to the grocery today and got enough food to last a week. No mice for me because I don't do meat but we do have sheep I suppose in a pinch -- like WW3 or an asteroid or something.

Tomorrow's grand plan is a friend and I are going out in this approaching beast of a storm and bushwhacking our way to the Kenduskeag River for a look see. Some times a Yellowknifer needs to get back to her comfort zones. No need to carry a rifle though -- the polar bears haven't been frequenting Maine for a while.

Sly
12-26-2010, 19:50
forever. collecting rain out the windows and eating bugs and mice.surviving winters in my 20 below bag.remaining sane thru prayer.

Why not perish and go live with your buddy Jesus?

mweinstone
12-27-2010, 08:18
if sly knocked on my door and asked to come in from the nuckleer winter, i would toss out jacks carcass, devoid of all meat, for him to wear.and as he turned to walk away, dressed in jack for warmth, i would open the door once more, to throw out his liver to him saying,"forgot, i didnt eat his liver, you can have it" to witch sly, gathering his draping jackcoat would scurry hence.then i would return to my lair continueing to deal with the onslaughter of begging hikers. gathering the womenand dispencing with the menfolk. except for the dude. his blood will be the drug of choice in afterhikerbirth world.

Cosmo
12-27-2010, 08:56
Can't get out of the house, snow is blocking the doors. Plenty of leftover turkey and a ham--then I can start on the dog. Or wait 'till Friday when it will be raining.

Enjoying the storm, because I don't have to go to work this week...

Cosmo

Newb
12-27-2010, 09:21
I'd have to stop feeding the neighborhood bunny and eat that basta**

kolokolo
12-27-2010, 18:30
Is this some kind of weird Stephen King - type novel or something?

Daydream Believer
12-28-2010, 08:17
I'd make it for a while...have plenty of chickens and (God forbid) horses to eat but would seriously lack in vegetables/plants/roots to forage until summer. I do have some stuff in my freezer...does that count? I'd probably not be happy in my 0 bag if it gets really cold but in this climate, I'd probably be OK.

Toolshed
12-28-2010, 08:34
Matty, You can post whatever you want. Jjust please let us know when the mothership is coming so we can gather up our alky stoves and be ready to go back to Zeta Reticuli :)