PDA

View Full Version : Movie : Nordwand (The North Face)

springerfever
12-26-2010, 20:40
Excellent movie based on the 1938 attempt to climb the Eiger. German with subtitles, it rates right up there with Touching The Void. Both are available to instantly watch on Netflix.
I watched it this morning, and it will keep you on the edge of your seat once the climbing begins. Pretty neat watching them use the rudimentary climbing gear of the day. They actually forge their own pitons !

Spider
01-04-2011, 16:43
Yeah I saw that a week ago. Wasn't quite expecting it to end the way it did but definitely a good movie to see.

Jack Tarlin
01-04-2011, 16:53
Very good movie. Interested people should check out Heinrich Harrer's book "The White Spider" which is a fascinating account of the early attempts to climb The Eiger's North Face, including the 1936 expedition featured in this film. (Guilty pleasure: The 1975 Eastwood film "The Eiger Sanction", while a noted commercial failure, has its moments).

jimmi
09-19-2011, 01:56
Looks like it's playing at my local indie theater on April 16th. Not sure if that's a full week engagement or what, but I'm making a note of it. Thanks for the heads up.

incest movies (http://www.ranker.com/list/13-steamiest-incestuous-relationships-in-film/roger-nackerman)