PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: GoLite Tumalo Waterproof Jacket

centsless
12-27-2010, 16:35
Any good or bad things to consider about the GoLite Tumalo from you folks who've used/discontinued or continue to use it?

http://www.golite.com/clothing/mens/outerwear/waterproof-breathable/tumalo-pertex-25-layer-storm-jacket

Thanks!

Dogwood
12-27-2010, 19:01
I would only consider it if I was able to apply the 40 % off discount code, that 10-K provided in another thread, to the $150 price tag. Several other similiar rain jackets, maybe a bit lighter, bit less expensive, available.

Kerosene
12-27-2010, 23:38
If you're not that constrained by price, then I'd go with a full e-Vent parka like the Integral Designs Rain Jacket (http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=763&CFID=134697&CFTOKEN=10096761) ($260, 9 oz) for improved breathability over a wider range of temperature.

TheChop
12-28-2010, 14:00
It always annoys me how these jackets never show how much they weigh for different sizes.

STICK
12-29-2010, 01:37
I have never held one in my hands, but I have heard some great things from people that I know have used them and they were pleased with them. Right now with the code you can get it for $90 and it is on my list to get and replace my current SD jacket (which has all the pockets, is durable but is also quite heavy and doesn't breathe the best...) From what I understand, no, it IS NOT eVENT, but that doesn't make it bad. It is a "lightweight" jacket that does include pitzips (most lightweight jackets leave these off and that is why they are really lightweight) plus it breathes better than other similar jackets (partial thanks to the included pitzips, but also to the Pertex material). Also, while it does not have a Chest/Napolean pocket, it does have two hand pockets which is another thing a few "lightweight" jackets tend to leave off. Also, considering it is "lightweight" it is pretty durable. So, like I say, I have no experience with these, but I trust the people I heard it from, and it is enough for me. At least to try out...

STICK
12-31-2010, 02:35
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this jacket. It has the basic features I wanted (hand pockets and pit zips), seems to be more durable than the other options I considered (Marmot Mica & Super Mica, OR Helium, and the AGG Silnylon Rain jacket), light weight and with 40% off it would have been plain silly to wait to buy it when it was back at it's original price... $90 straight up, free shipping and no taxes...