PDA

View Full Version : Lucky find

golfer
12-27-2010, 23:40
I must say I feel very fortunate to have joined this site. I have been a member of hammockforums.net for quite a while and have heard of this site but never even looked at it. WOW was I wrong for doing that. You guys have an incredible amount of info in regards to , well , anything about hiking , gear, DIY gear. You name it you got it.
If been wanting to plan a loop hike so I could hang in the trees some where in my hammock and enjoy the environment . Enough said I must go and study.
Thanks ,
TY

SQWERL
12-27-2010, 23:56
welcome golfer, i just joined hammockforums.net and got my first eno doublenest tons of info there as well!

golfer
12-28-2010, 00:23
Thanks Sqwerl, I've always been a outdoors kind of guy but never looked at it the way I've been the last few years as I've gotten older. Not sure if you heard of this gentleman but he goes by the name Shug . On YouTube it's "shugemery" he amazes Me with the low temps he hammock camps in. -26 below 0 is like crazy. But he makes it look easy. Not my cup of tea but three season stuff as far as camping out. And day hike stuff in the winter.He has done a lot of trial and error on his own and taught a lot of people (indirectly) what works and don't.

hobbs
12-28-2010, 00:35
Better to camp three seasons than non at all. Glad you caught the bug..... So to speak.

Sublime
12-28-2010, 02:05
agreed...why have I not found white blaze before this month..so much information and like minded folks...great forum!!

maybe clem
12-28-2010, 03:46
It is an amazing place, and welcome!

golfer
12-28-2010, 08:01
I just made a icon on my iPhone for quick access. Reason I'm estatic for finding this forum is because I live in massachusettes and want to do an overnighter type of hike. One where I would hike 10 to 12 miles stop and setup camp kinda thing. And I wasn't sure where to start looking for info. Seemed a bit daunting with never doing this and all. And I don't have anyone to do it with . But going solo doesn't bother . I've been gathering gear slowly for the past 2 years now so that my load will be light weight. Been in construction my whole life and have a tweaky back so to speak. I'm physically fit just don't want a lot of weight on the ol' back if I can help it. Living in mass I'm on the assumption I can do the kinda hike I'm talking about on the Appalachian trail. Shwee-heet. I just woke up so I'm off to look around this forum because I found it late last night.
Maybe I'll see some of ya in the future on the trail.

SQWERL
12-30-2010, 02:09
man i love shug's videos they friggin crack me up and are very informational/educational on this whole new world of hammock camping that i have gotten myself into.