PDA

View Full Version : My New ULA Circuit!!!

STICK
12-28-2010, 18:46
Well, I finally got my ULA Circuit in the mail. Showed up yesterday. (I was beginning to feel like a stalker since I would wait and watch the mail man each day since about last Thursday...he finally delivered yesterday...)

Anyway, I was super excited about getting it. Of course I cannot tell you how it does for me on a trip, but trust me I wore it all night, and loaded up with all of my gear (which included fuel, H20 and food). The total weight I had in it was roughly 28 pounds. It felt good wearing it around the house.

I am in the middle of trying to figure out which hip belt to go with though. He sent me the medium and the large since I am kind of in the middle of them. They both kind of fit good, however, the medium comes about 1/4 inch past the bony part of my hip. This is ok, but it leaves a large section across the front that is a strap. I typically have to cinch the hip belts pretty tight since I don't have much of a rear end to help hold the pack up a little and I don't want the strap to start digging into my stomach. The large covers my hip bones well and it actually feels like supports the weight a little better than the medium (maybe since more is wrapped around my hips?) however, the hip belts are a little stiff and if I bend over the belt will dig into my stomach. The cool thing about these belts though is that there are actually 4 adjusters on the front of the hip belt. I can cinch the bottom two (one on each side) tighter and leave the top ones a little looser and it is not so bad. Due to this, I believe that I will keep the large...

Anyway, I have made some videos about the pack and the stuff I will use in it for a winter set up. They are posted on my blog and if so desired they can be seen here:

My New ULA Circuit (http://stick13.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/ula-circuit/)

wrongway_08
12-28-2010, 19:30
Sweet pack, used it omn my thru and it had more room then needed, even with my dogs gear! Customer suport is great with ULA also.

- Enjoy

skinewmexico
12-28-2010, 19:57
Go with the large, the pockets will be easier to use.

STICK
12-28-2010, 20:51
I feel like I am. If I would lose about 20 pounds it wouldn't be so bad anyway since my belly wouldn't try to hang over it a little... Anyway, it is what I have loaded on there now, and I am pretty sure I am planning on keeping it on for my hike this weekend. Once I take it out, whatever is on it will be mine, unless I plan to pay extra to keep the belt. Not sure that I can do that...

I do agree with you about the pockets. I told my wife last night that the pockets seemed to be a little more up-front and easier to get to as well as zip/unzip with one hand.

rapchizzle
12-28-2010, 22:05
Those do look like some sweet packs. You've got me eyeing my wallet.... I mean, it could be a LATE Christmas present, ya know?

Ladytrekker
12-28-2010, 22:14
I have the ULA Circuit and I recently got an email from ULA that they now have straps that are geared for women, unfortunately I cannot change mine out but it is nice to know that they are now gendering their packs for a more comfortable fit.

Chop
12-28-2010, 23:01
I have the ULA Circuit and I recently got an email from ULA that they now have straps that are geared for women, unfortunately I cannot change mine out but it is nice to know that they are now gendering their packs for a more comfortable fit.
Are the new hip belts not compatible with previous models?

4eyedbuzzard
12-28-2010, 23:12
How do the two belts fit with added insulation layers (fleece, shell, etc)? If you're going to do any cold weather hiking this can factor in to the choice.

STICK
12-28-2010, 23:33
That is a great point. I only tried it on wearing a t-shirt. 4eyedbuzzard, I do believe that you just sealed my decision...