PDA

View Full Version : Trail Conditions - DWG and Swatara Gap PA

redseal
12-28-2010, 20:23
Can anyone tell me what the trail conditions are like or might be like this coming weekend for the Wind Gap to DWG section or Swatara Gap section south of PA 72? Not sure how much snow fell during the last storm, but was thinking of heading out there for a 2 day trip as the weather looks nice. Thanks!

Namaste
12-28-2010, 21:15
I haven't been up on the trail since the snowfall but I'm in Wind Gap and we really did not get that much snow (maybe 2"). The temps are expected to reach 47 degrees this weekend with rain on Sunday.

Carbo
12-28-2010, 21:47
I haven't been up on the trail since the snowfall but I'm in Wind Gap and we really did not get that much snow (maybe 2"). The temps are expected to reach 47 degrees this weekend with rain on Sunday.

Amazing! I'm probably 50 miles from there and we got, according to the local paper, 30 inches. It's hard to tell for sure because there are 6 foot drifts next to bare ground. Many roads still not plowed. My neighbors are are out there with snowblowers (I don't own one otherwise I would be out there also) trying to open the roads around the neighborhood. This has got to be the biggest downplay by the media in a decade! Global warming? Yeah. ok.

Anyway, yes it is supposed to warm up in the area for the weekend, and the trail will likely be a bit wet.

Namaste
12-28-2010, 22:30
Amazing! I'm probably 50 miles from there and we got, according to the local paper, 30 inches. It's hard to tell for sure because there are 6 foot drifts next to bare ground. Many roads still not plowed. My neighbors are are out there with snowblowers (I don't own one otherwise I would be out there also) trying to open the roads around the neighborhood. This has got to be the biggest downplay by the media in a decade! Global warming? Yeah. ok.

Anyway, yes it is supposed to warm up in the area for the weekend, and the trail will likely be a bit wet.

Carbo, the Jersey shore got hit harder than here in Wind Gap. However, when I drove back to my NJ house (Summit area) I couldn't believe how much snow we got, about the same as you.

I believe the trail will be a mushy mess.

emerald
12-29-2010, 00:18
There was nearly no snow where I live in Berks County. The larger accumulations occurred farther to the east from what I understand.