PDA

View Full Version : Hennessey Side Zip Hammocks

Dogwood
12-29-2010, 02:29
Has anyone used a Hennessey side zip UL Backpacker A-Sym or side zip UL Explorer A-Sym? Any comments would be appreciated with how the new side zip version compares with the velcro enclosure bottom versions I've used in the past. I can't tell from the Hennessey site pics if the side zip versions still have an incorporated center line holding up the noseeum netting like they used to have. I know the side zips are new from Hennessey, and yes, I do know of custom side zip mods provided by others, but I'm wondering about durability and general use with the side zips and the noseeum netting.

SouthMark
12-29-2010, 09:24
Same hammock with side zip as bottom entry, ridge line, net and all. Durability seems to be a non issue. Visit hammockforums.net for more information.

WILLIAM HAYES
12-29-2010, 12:34
I had the zipper queen add a zipper to my old hennessey hyperlite it worked very well also had the velco stitched up on the bottom

lyodom
12-29-2010, 13:15
I am happy with my HH Jeep Jungle side zip. Never had the bottom entry so I can't compair.

Helios
12-29-2010, 13:22
I ordered a new Hennessy catching their Christmas special. Having an older model, I enjoyed the bottom entry. The special was to get a Scout zip - which they ran out and I was upgraded to a Expedition side zip. I didn't think I would like it as much.

Well, I set it up and loved it!!! I've since sent my newwer bottom entry to ZQ to remove and sew the bottom entry, and add Mod #3 as listed on their website. I also am picking up a nice peak bag from them.

check out: www.2qzqhammockhanger.com (http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/)