PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle in April/Fontana to Rock Gap

Point Man Chef
12-30-2010, 15:26
Any favorites/suggestions out there for shuttle service? I want to park somewhere at Fontana and then get a shuttle to Rock Gap just inside Standing Indian Campground. Also any advice on where to park etc. at Fontana would be welcomed too. THANKS!

10-K
12-30-2010, 15:28
tada.... http://thehikeinn.netfirms.com/shuttle.htm

Point Man Chef
12-30-2010, 15:30
It's like magic! Instead of trail, it's web.

10-K
12-30-2010, 15:32
Lived in Wilmington 25 years - my company is still there and I'm in the office the first week of every month. Headed back there Monday. :)

BTW, I've gotten shuttles from The Hike Inn twice - very nice people, I highly recommend them.

Point Man Chef
12-30-2010, 15:40
Yeah 10-K, great place but WAY TOO FAR from the trail!!! Started in GA this past summer and I'm slowly heading North. But the drive to just get to the AT is brutal from here. I mean even if you hold out to "go" in the woods when you get there, you just can't cut that much time off the commute!!! When I saw you had relocated, I was a bit envious to be sure. I enjoy your posts even if they do make me jealous of your location!!

scope
12-30-2010, 15:45
There's a big parking lot on the other side of the dam, seems like a good place to leave your vehicle. There's another before the dam, near the "trail" to the shelter, but I don't think you can leave your car overnite there.