PDA

View Full Version : DEAL ALERT: Marmot Helium EQ Long $158

jeremesh
01-01-2011, 12:07
Just picked up this bag at backcountry.com. The regular is $458. I asked why the big difference in price and they said it was a mistake but gave it to me at that price so if you are interested, you may want to jump on it.

Bags4266
01-01-2011, 12:11
Sweet catch.

verber
01-01-2011, 12:48
They seem to have removed the option of purchasing it at $158. Wow, that is a great price and a very nice bag. I haven't been tempted to purchase a sleeping bag for 9 years, but at a price like that. You are very lucky to get such a great deal.

--mark

Wags
01-01-2011, 13:09
that's some good kharma for you. an ELITE bag for the cost of an entry level 600 fill bag :D

jeremesh
01-01-2011, 13:10
I was hoping to get a montbell UK super spiral down hugger #1(wow that's a mouthfull) and my second choice was the pinnacle. But when I saw the helium eq at that price I couldn't pass it up. Does anybody know if the membrane will be a good thing or a bad thing for me in a hammock?

Doc Mike
01-01-2011, 19:26
I have the helium and use in my hammock and love it.

Doc Mike

jeremesh
01-01-2011, 20:23
I have the helium and use in my hammock and love it.

Doc Mike
is it the EQ/membrane? I'm wondering if I need to worry about breathability with a mat under me.

Dogwood
01-01-2011, 20:49
That's Backcountry! They stand by their advertising and offer outstanding customer support and satisfaction!!! I buy lots of gear from them.

You got a $400 + bag for less than $160!

The Marmot Membrane is Definitely not going to breathe as well as the normal Marmot Helium shell. I have a helium from 2006 which was made, back then, with a 1/2 zip and Pertex Quantum shell. Use the bag in your hammock close to the temps the bag is rated for and you shoudn't have a problem. The Helium with the additional venting of the, now, full zip helps. Matty has the EQ version, which I've heard him post in his own unequivocal way, "Itt da bomb!" He says he lays his EQ Helium directly on slushy wet snow and it doesn't wet out!

Heck, if you don't like it after a few uses sell it and get the MB bag with possibly a little change left over for some Sushi.

jeremesh
01-01-2011, 20:55
That's Backcountry! They stand by their advertising and offer outstanding customer support and satisfaction!!! I buy lots of gear from them.

You got a $400 + bag for less than $160!

The Marmot Membrane is Definitely not going to breathe as well as the normal Marmot Helium shell. I have a helium from 2006 which was made, back then, with a 1/2 zip and Pertex Quantum shell. Use the bag in your hammock close to the temps the bag is rated for and you shoudn't have a problem. The Helium with the additional venting of the, now, full zip helps. Matty has the EQ version, which I've heard him post in his own unequivocal way, "Itt da bomb!" He says he lays his EQ Helium directly on slushy wet snow and it doesn't wet out!

Heck, if you don't like it after a few uses sell it and get the MB bag with possibly a little change left over for some Sushi.

I have bought several things from backcountry too and have never been disappointed with their service. I will try it out and see how it goes and as you say, if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I can sell it.

Johnny Thunder
01-01-2011, 21:20
i just bought a helium long from backcountryedge.com for $250...it's on sale plus a discount code. AC30. I think.

Johnny Thunder
01-01-2011, 21:23
sorry...still listed for 300 but discount code is over.

STICK
01-02-2011, 00:51
That is an awesome deal. It is really cool that BC didn't give you any slack and let you have it at that deal. I have the regular Helium and love it.

jeremesh
01-10-2011, 12:59
So my order came in from Backcountry.com today. I opened the box and was looking at the bag when I realized they didn't send me the Marmot Helium EQ that I had ordered for $158. They sent me the newer Marmot Helium MemBrain. I'm not usually a fanboy but I gotta tell you, Backcountry.com has gained a loyal customer.

G.G.
12-16-2011, 18:27
Jeremesh,

How has the membrain been treating you? I've been thinking of picking up a Helium or lithium and curious of it's ability to handle internal moisture.

Thx,
GG

AndyB
12-18-2011, 00:00
Just picked up this bag at backcountry.com. The regular is $458. I asked why the big difference in price and they said it was a mistake but gave it to me at that price so if you are interested, you may want to jump on it.

so they you hooked you up via a computer glitch, you repay this buy telling the entire WB community about it. Kudos to backcountrydotcom for standing behind their ad, the had no real reason to. I'm still on the fence about you posting it though. Like cyber looting,lol.

enjoy your bag

STICK
12-18-2011, 11:53
After seeing this post again I thought that BC was making a habit of selling this sweet bag at rock bottom prices! But then I realized it was the same one from a few months back. :)