PDA

View Full Version : NCT near Grand Rapids

swash
01-02-2011, 23:21
Does anyone have any NCT experience in Newaygo county? On the way back from my Picture Rocks trip this past summer I was only two miles away from my grandparents house in Fremont when I saw a NCT trail marker! I thought it was funny that I just got done with a trip on the trail, drove 5 hours and was literally on the trail again. I didn't even know the trail went through there.

I go to there house almost every weekend in the summer and am thinking about doing a couple days on the trail. Any suggested hikes in that area is appreciated.

Tilly
01-05-2011, 11:18
I would go to the NCT website and order a few maps for the area you're interested in. The maps are very good.

The Manistee River Trail provides a nice weekend loop.

isawtman
01-10-2011, 10:34
Swash

You could have been driving out in North Dakota and found a NCT Marker. And how about upstate New York. The NCT is America's Longest Trail.

There are a few things you should check out once you get to the NCTA website at http://www.northcountrytrail.org/ I would suggest checking out the Wiki Guide
which gives an in depth description of the trail. You can also check the website of the Chapter where you intend to hike (under Get Involved) Sometimes the local chapter has updated maps and information. The maps the NCTA sells are very good. But you should always check the local chapter website and the wiki guide for the latest changes

regards from me, Tman