PDA

View Full Version : Changing the subject of a thread

10-K
01-04-2011, 09:19
Dang, I just discovered you can change the subject of a thread after it has already been posted.

moytoy
01-04-2011, 09:24
Yep...Do you eat ice cream in the winter time?

Tipi Walter
01-04-2011, 09:52
While not common, a thread can be started on one subject and over time. Question is, can I continue to use Van Doren #5 clarinet reeds whilst spending too much time with dutch rush working them down, or should I just go ahead and use a lower strength reed like #3 or #4 and spend less time adjusting them resulting in a slightly weaker tone?

Helios
01-04-2011, 09:54
2 angry camels in a tiny car!

10-K
01-04-2011, 10:00
Did somebody put something in my corn flakes? I am totally confused....

In case I wasn't clear, I meant you can *rename* a thread after you start it...

So, if I started a thread called, "How much does it cost to hike the AT?" I could actually rename it to "Is $5000 enough to hike the AT?" *after* the thread was created.

I just figured that out....

hikerboy57
01-04-2011, 10:04
What are you thinking of calling this one?

moytoy
01-04-2011, 10:04
I got it! Just trying to be funny...Ha Ha
Gotta watch the funny stuff in corn flakes.

Green
01-04-2011, 17:03
So what type of musical instrument should i bring along on the trail? Or that youve seen on the trail? Ive thought about learning to play the recorder because its really light (plastic) and seems mostly indestructible.

Tipi Walter
01-04-2011, 18:36
A full sized B-flat soprano clarinet will put out more "rounds" than a measly recorder although the standard soprano "blockflote" doesn't use a reed so much of your on-trail frustrations will be gone. On the other hand, a simple plastic recorder cannot blast high decibels as can a clarinet or for that matter a soprano saxophone. I've dispensed with all these and now carry a small pocket freon air horn.

Praha4
01-04-2011, 21:41
I have the same problem, not enuff room in my pack for the oboe along with the trumpet, ironing board for my town clothes, 24 rolls of toilet paper, and the complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica

Roland
01-08-2011, 06:49
Dang, I just discovered you can change the subject of a thread after it has already been posted.

For those of us who don't play musical instruments :rolleyes:, please tell us how to edit a thread title.

Awol1970
01-08-2011, 07:17
"I've dispensed with all these and now carry a small pocket freon airhorn" just made me spit coffee.

sheepdog
01-08-2011, 07:33
I don't really think you need a water filter

emerald
01-08-2011, 12:13

As someone who edits often and has retitled threads when I came up with better titles, I know it can be done but that the window of opportunity for modifying thread titles doesn't remain open long.

I don't know whether it's a fixed duration or a feature of the software that can be modified by an administrator. What I can tell you is you'd better act quickly, the window doesn't remain open long. The duration may or may not be the same as what's permitted before a post is marked as edited.

emerald
01-08-2011, 12:58
Another little known fact is that spell-checked posts sometimes need to be modified later in order to remain correct.

I'm of two minds whether it's worth paying for the opportunity or simply not worth posting at all.

Egads
01-08-2011, 13:06
Ya know, 9 outta 10 drunk postings are regretted the next day

emerald
01-08-2011, 14:34
Thanks for pointing out yet another reason why I have little incentive to donate.

Gray Blazer
01-08-2011, 14:38
While not common, a thread can be started on one subject and over time. Question is, can I continue to use Van Doren #5 clarinet reeds whilst spending too much time with dutch rush working them down, or should I just go ahead and use a lower strength reed like #3 or #4 and spend less time adjusting them resulting in a slightly weaker tone?

Just use ricos. You won't go broke and nobody (except you) will be able to tell the difference. That's the word from the bird.

I change my threads everyday

Tinker
01-08-2011, 14:39
Did somebody put something in my corn flakes? I am totally confused....

In case I wasn't clear, I meant you can *rename* a thread after you start it...

So, if I started a thread called, "How much does it cost to hike the AT?" I could actually rename it to "Is $5000 enough to hike the AT?" *after* the thread was created.

I just figured that out....

I think that we were all reading this "Hijacking a thread". Happens all the time here.:rolleyes:

Gray Blazer
01-08-2011, 14:41
So what type of musical instrument should i bring along on the trail? Or that youve seen on the trail? Ive thought about learning to play the recorder because its really light (plastic) and seems mostly indestructible.

I thought about this a lot. Claves. They are light, durable, never go out of tune and you can carry them in your back pocket. When everyone is jamming, you are sure to be the only clave player,

emerald
01-08-2011, 15:17
Another thread hijacked by someone from a humor forum.

Egads
01-08-2011, 18:20
Any hotties on WB?

sheepdog
01-08-2011, 21:14
Another thread hijacked by someone from a humor forum.
what's your point :welcome

emerald
01-08-2011, 22:56
As someone who edits often and has retitled threads when I came up with better titles, I know it can be done but that the window of opportunity for modifying thread titles doesn't remain open long.

I don't know whether it's a fixed duration or a feature of the software that can be modified by an administrator. What I can say is you'd better act quickly, the window doesn't remain open long. The duration may or may not be the same as what's permitted before a post is marked as edited.

Furthermore, the title displayed on WhiteBlaze thread lists is not necessarily the same as the title of a thread's 1st post. The title of a thread's opening post can be modified until editing privileges expire. So a thread can actually have two titles or maybe rather a thread title and an opening post title although they are usually the same.

emerald
01-08-2011, 23:57
Click on the Edit and Go Advanced buttons.