PDA

View Full Version : A dream

Ogre
01-04-2011, 11:52
I dreamt last night that I was starting my hike. I made it all the way to the first shelter. It was about 300 ft. from the trailhead. Then when i opened my pack I realized I had forgotten to pack, well, everything. Then i realized it was ok because the shelter was about 10 ft. away from a busy downtown street, and also it's only January so I wasnt supposed to have my stuff packed yet anyway.

I can't be sure, but I don't think my actual hike is going to start out anything like that. Your mileage may vary.

Also, if you look at the first leg of the trail in Google Earth, it shows a Waffle House just past Springer, out in the middle of the woods. I'm going to count on that being accurate! (Not even making that up)

Indi
01-04-2011, 12:03
Hey I love Waffle House! They're everywhere else, why shouldn't they be in the middle of the forest?

Luddite
01-04-2011, 12:29
LOL I see where you're talking about. The Waffle house is just south east of Hawk Mountain.

Ogre
01-04-2011, 12:52
Hey I love Waffle House! They're everywhere else, why shouldn't they be in the middle of the forest?

They're everywhere else east of the Rockies. None in California. That one will be the first one I've been to in a couple of years ;)

Lone Wolf
01-04-2011, 13:12
LOL I see where you're talking about. The Waffle house is just south east of Hawk Mountain.

you sure it ain't a Huddle House? closest WH to Springer is in Dawsonville

Sassafras Lass
01-04-2011, 13:21
As long as there are adequate Cracker Barrels along the trail, you will not hear me complain :p

Ogre
01-04-2011, 13:33
http://rumsey.org/ATWaffleHouse.jpg

Lone Wolf
01-04-2011, 13:35
i can assure you there ain't no WH that close to the trail

Luddite
01-04-2011, 13:47

Its not really there. Somebody probably put it on the map to mess with hungry hikers.

Ogre
01-04-2011, 13:53
Its not really there. Somebody probably put it on the map to mess with hungry hikers.

Yeah, I don't really know how that works, I didn't think landmarks like that were came from sources just anyone could edit, but it's in the standard data you get when you install Google Earth, not any data set I've added. Someone messing with hikers was my first thought too. Could just be incorrect data, as opposed to someone intentionally messing with it.

Lone Wolf
01-04-2011, 14:02

hikers are hardly hungry at that point unless you're SOBO

Wonder
01-04-2011, 15:16
hikers are hardly hungry at that point unless you're SOBO

True.......I found that I"m actually LESS hungry then I would typically be in town!

max patch
01-04-2011, 15:48
Whats the scale on that map? Looks like a real short bushwhack.

Ogre
01-04-2011, 16:15
Whats the scale on that map? Looks like a real short bushwhack.

The ruler tool says a straight line from Stover Creek Shelter to the Waffle House is half a mile. Good luck! Bring back waffles!

Turtle Feet
01-04-2011, 17:30
They're everywhere else east of the Rockies. None in California. That one will be the first one I've been to in a couple of years ;)

east of the Rockies and south of the mason-dixson line!

mweinstone
01-04-2011, 19:45
the shelter being close to the busy town street means your very aware of how close this big adventure is and your forgetting to pack symbolizes your being fully prepared and ready and confedent you have everything.

the subconcious works out thaughts and ideas during dreaming by comunicateing with the conciouse mind while it is in a state of sleep at rest. the language for dreams is easily learned and quite universal.