PDA

View Full Version : The Appalachian Trail "Hall of Fame".

TJ aka Teej
01-04-2011, 16:27
http://www.prlog.org/11192084-appalachian-trail-hall-of-fame-established.html

Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Established
The Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame is being formed by the Appalachian Trail Museum Society to honor trail hikers, maintainers and other contributors.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) – Jan 03, 2011 – A hall of fame is being established by the Appalachian Trail Museum Society to recognize those who have made a significant contribution toward establishing and maintaining the 2,181 mile footpath that passes through 14 states from Maine to Georgia.

"The Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame is a natural fit with the museum that opened last June," said Larry Luxenberg, president of the Appalachian Trail Museum Society. "The trail and the museum represent the collective efforts of volunteers who have made countless contributions in ways that are as varied as the personalities who have been involved. The hall of fame will recognize those people who have unselfishly devoted their time, energy and resources toward making the Appalachian Trail a national treasure."

Unless Myron Avery is the first so honored, the idea is crap.

Jack Tarlin
01-04-2011, 16:28
It is good to see Teej back here but perhaps this thread should be merged with the similar one already in progress.

Smile
01-04-2011, 16:47
Who will be the first one honored, anybody know? :)

Lone Wolf
01-04-2011, 17:03
Who will be the first one honored, anybody know? :)

Bill Bryson. cuz of his book, hundreds came to the trail

Mags
01-04-2011, 17:06
It is good to see Teej back here but perhaps this thread should be merged with the similar one already in progress.

Good idea...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67787

TJ aka Teej
01-04-2011, 17:15

Dang. I looked for another thread first! Since this came into my mailbox 5 hours before I posted I didn't look all the way back to yesterday afternoon.