PDA

View Full Version : 2 way alpha numeric pager

Iron Will
01-05-2011, 20:50
hello!! i am curious about getting an alpha numeric pager with two way service so i can email

from my research pagers get better service than cell phones
and they look like they may operate on regular batteries (which would be ideal for me)

i have had a hard time finding service providers though and was hoping to get as much help as possible on service providers, pager suggestions and anything else

the reason im looking into this and not a smart phone or using SMS on a cell is that i will be hiking the AT (appalachian trail) and intend on being in the wilderness away from cell towers as well as battery life, and hopefully price!! seeing as this trip will be costly im trying to be as thrifty as possible but maybe still have a way of loved ones getting in touch with me

thanks so much!! ^_^

leaftye
01-05-2011, 20:53
I thought pagers were long dead.

Take a look at the Peek.

Iron Will
01-05-2011, 21:16
WOW!!! this is like a modern day version of what i was looking for!! super simple SUPER affordable!! and great battery life!! thank you sooo much!! now before i get this thing any suggestions on other devices and services? just go super cheap and go without?? bring it along and a solar charger??

but yeah thank you so much leaftye!!