lori
01-07-2011, 18:19
If you like the tent, I guess so.

maybe clem
01-07-2011, 19:30
What do you like about it?

DapperD
01-07-2011, 23:41
the only way to go ......periodI remember when the Hubba HP became available. I had just purchased a regular Hubba tent and was sorry this wasn't available at the time or I would have purchased this instead. Although the majority of the reviews I have read on it are positive, including being stated that it has excellent overall waterproofness, I did read one review were the owner took the tent to an area with heavy winds, and wound up with a torn rainfly. He stated that although he liked the tent, and it demonstrated excellent waterproofness, it appeared it lacked the durability one would expect and demand for above tree line use. After repeated use of the tent it became apparent the material and build quality lacked durability. His basic final analysis of the tent was that it was a good light tent for 3 season use, but for serious above treeline weather, he stated he would rather bring a heavier more durable shelter than this.

Jim Adams
01-07-2011, 23:58
I've slept in mine above tree line probably 20-30 nights and never had a problem. Maybe he didn't have it guyed down very well...any tent will flap itself to destruction in wind if not set up correctly.
geek

DapperD
01-08-2011, 01:34
I've slept in mine above tree line probably 20-30 nights and never had a problem. Maybe he didn't have it guyed down very well...any tent will flap itself to destruction in wind if not set up correctly.
geekYou may very well be right Jim. Don't understand why he stated "little holes" began to appear in the fabric after limited use:-? Anyway, it appears after looking at the MSR site, anybody wishing to purchase an MSR Hubba HP may need to act fast, as it appears they have been discontinued:http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/tents/experience-series/category

Jim Adams
01-08-2011, 02:44
DapperD,
I have owned alot of tents over the years and due to a past with alot of canoe camping, I usually use a 2 man tent when going solo but the Hubba has become one of the best tents that I've ever owned / used. I typically tarp when backpacking but the Hubba is also changing that.

geek

skinewmexico
01-08-2011, 02:44
the only way to go ......period

Yep. Selling my Hilleberg.

kanga
01-08-2011, 09:06
Yep. Selling my Hilleberg.
if it's rajd, can i have it?

superman
01-08-2011, 11:22
My hubba is ok and much lighter than my old NF slick rock. I liked the half fly of the slick rock. I'd like to see a 2 lb tent modeled after the slick rock.

pistol p
01-09-2011, 03:05
It is a nice tent. The biggest con in my opinion is that you don't have views when not using the fly. It also felt a little cramped not being able to see out of the material (a mental thing). I liked my standard Hubba better, but it too had flaws. I saw the 2011 Hubba and REALLY want to try it out. They made the tub deeper to help out with wind, which was the biggest con, in my opinion. Also, they got rid of the bright colors and went with shades of greens. I didn't check the fly material, but I hope they changed it. I had mildew problems with my old Hubba (stored dry and hanging).

skinewmexico
01-09-2011, 14:53
if it's rajd, can i have it?

Sorry. I forgot to use the sarcasm font. My bad.

Spokes
01-09-2011, 15:26
Used a hubba hp on my 2009 thru and liked it but have since upgraded to a SMD Lunar Solo. More room and less weight.

Cheers!

garbanz
01-09-2011, 16:21
I bought the MSR Hubba several months ago and set it up in the front yard. My initial impression: big enough for me to sleep in like Im in a straight jacket, not terribly unlike a coffin. Dont get me wrong the quality is there, its just too small. But it didnt take me long to retur:sunn it to REI for the Hubba Hubba HP and the handy dandy footprint which fits in the same grommet holes as the canopy. As said before this tent is tops in weather protection, forget about weight---carry less food and resupply more often to make up the difference....

kanga
01-09-2011, 16:52
Sorry. I forgot to use the sarcasm font. My bad.
no, i got it. i was trying to be funny. nobody gets rid of a hilleberg.:welcome

DapperD
01-12-2011, 22:19
Here is a good review of the 2010 MSR Hubba HP:http://www.hikinginfinland.com/2010/04/msr-hubba-hp-2010-review.html

malowitz
01-12-2011, 23:14
I started my 2010 thru w/a Tarptent Moment. Changed out to my 2-person Hubba Hubba HP for most of the hike. Great tent. I know I had a weight penalty, but it was worth it. Too bad it is being discontinued. As an FYI if someone is looking, Steep and Cheap has recently had the MSR Carbon Relfex 1 and 2 on for 1/2 price.

stranger
01-16-2011, 23:28
I don't know why anyone would get a MSR Hubba over a Big Agnes Copper Spur 1.

The Copper Spur is lighter, longer, wider, more vestibule area, etc...