PDA

View Full Version : Will a Jetboil cup work with other stoves

Crotalus
01-08-2011, 15:31
Local Gander Mountain has Jetboil companion cups for $22 and Raptor Stoves for $28.

Will they work together without significant problems?

Thanks

Serial 07
01-08-2011, 15:48
heck yeah! the jetboil cup will work with any type of stove...it makes an alcohol stove super efficient...you can even stick that cup in a fire...

Torch09
01-08-2011, 17:11
heck yeah! the jetboil cup will work with any type of stove...it makes an alcohol stove super efficient...you can even stick that cup in a fire...

I'll second that. I used mine in fires for a few hundred miles on the trail... even used it on the stove at home a few times:cool:

Just make sure its steady and won't fall of the stove you plan to use. The cup doesn't have much of a base.

Crotalus
01-10-2011, 13:15
Thanks all.

I bought the cup, but didnt get the stove (yet). I didnt think about using the stove with the cup until i was already out of the store. My plan was to buy a jetboil flash kit and have two cups. After i got in the truck i got to wondering if they would work together or if the bottom of the Jetboil cup was specifically designed for the Jetboil stove.

a little background, i want a setup that i can use for short day or overnight hiking/kayaking trips with the family. i figure one stove with two cups will give me, the Mrs and the kids a hot dinner without too much hassle, each kid will have a bowl/cup that the boiling water can be poured into, then me and the Mrs will use the 2 jetboil cups at the end.