PDA

View Full Version : A new adventure!

aframe
01-08-2011, 19:42
Hi all! Some of you may know me as Twix- some of you may not know me at all. I finished my southbound adventure on November 15, 2007, and I'm finally ready for another! This time, though, I'll be moving a bit faster, and I'll be doing it for charity. On June 18th, I'm going to run the Mayor's Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Til then I'll be training with LLS' Team in Training and attempting to raise $7,500 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is a great non-profit that funds patient services, education, and research with the goal of ending all blood cancers. Please visit my fundraising page at http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/anchor11/aframekxey and help me raise funds for this worthy cause! If clicking on random links is as unappealing to you as it is to me, you can also google Team in Training, find participants, and search "Frame" as the last name.

Thanks all, and happy hiking!

James GAME2009
01-08-2011, 20:56
I'm not trying to be negative, and I wish you the best in your marathon and fundraising, but would you break down for me why I should donate to you, or through you, rather than directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? If I donated through you, would 100% of my donation go to the Society?

Lone Wolf
01-08-2011, 21:02
Hi all! Some of you may know me as Twix- some of you may not know me at all. I finished my southbound adventure on November 15, 2007, and I'm finally ready for another! This time, though, I'll be moving a bit faster, and I'll be doing it for charity. On June 18th, I'm going to run the Mayor's Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Til then I'll be training with LLS' Team in Training and attempting to raise $7,500 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is a great non-profit that funds patient services, education, and research with the goal of ending all blood cancers. Please visit my fundraising page at http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/anchor11/aframekxey and help me raise funds for this worthy cause! If clicking on random links is as unappealing to you as it is to me, you can also google Team in Training, find participants, and search "Frame" as the last name.

Thanks all, and happy hiking!

is the $7500 you're hoping to raise going 100% to the LLS?

aframe
01-08-2011, 21:06
Whoops, should have been clear about that- yes, 100% of your donation goes to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. I'm just the middle (wo)man connecting donors with LLS.

Lone Wolf
01-08-2011, 21:07
ok. cool.......

James GAME2009
01-08-2011, 22:22
ok. cool.......

Agreed. Thank you for clearing that up aframe.