PDA

View Full Version : I got socks for Christmas!!

grrickar
12-25-2004, 16:05
Thorlos hikers, actually. Life is good. :D

Cedar Tree
12-25-2004, 16:14
Ya just can't beat good, thick, hiking socks!
I also got a new white and red light LED headlamp.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Cedar Tree

neo
12-25-2004, 16:56
all i want is a hiking princess for christmas:sun neo

Nameless
12-25-2004, 17:48
Got socks too... :)
and hiking poles, slik sleeping bag liners, long underwear, headlamp, and gift certificates... Christmas is great :)

Pink

hikerjohnd
12-25-2004, 20:51
I got a down sleeping bag - I guess my wife doesn't know I've been naughty!!!

attroll
12-25-2004, 21:38
Not to get off subject by the wife and I got brand new snowmobiles. Now all we need is snow.

Sleepy the Arab
12-25-2004, 22:56
all i want is a hiking princess for christmas:sun neo

Keep searching - I just spent Christmas with my hikin' princess hiking and Christmassing. She also got me a candle lantern and a trail map. Hiking princesses truly rock!

The Scribe
12-25-2004, 23:15
Nice machines Attroll.

Santa brought me a headlamp, a nice new day pack, and a pair of hiking poles. Working for LL Bean this holiday season didn't hurt.

pcm

Peter Mossberg
12-26-2004, 00:35
Got new backcountry waxless skiis with NNN - BC Bindings

A candle lantern

An LED headlamp

Lots of hi-tec socks

Gacy
12-26-2004, 01:15
I got a kelty commanche 6400 pack, a very bright LED/high beam head lamp, and a camel back 2 litre. I love christmas.

hungryhowie
12-26-2004, 01:27
Thorlos hikers, actually. Life is good. :D

So did I! Except I got a box of Smartwool trailrunner IIs. Looks like I'm set for another 3 years :)

Oh yeah, I also got a Markins M10 and a Feisol CT-3301. Google-em if you really want to know ;)

-howie

Palmer
12-26-2004, 09:37
Socks and Hennessy Underpad!!! I don't think I'll have the guts to take out the hammock until April, though.

Tha Wookie
12-26-2004, 10:12
I got Ray Jardine's new knife-making kit, and FinishinFred's goods went out to family.

Hiker-made goods rule!

Jaybird
12-26-2004, 12:09
Santa ("D-bird") brought me 2 pair of socks...(1 hikin', 1 cyclin')
new SuperFeet inserts for the boots, a pack cover, & a Therma-Rest pad...

I LOVE SANTA! he has GOT to be a HIKER! :D

weary
12-26-2004, 16:59
Hmmm. I got Bob Dylan's "Chronicles," Jimmy Carter's "Sharing Good Times" and 14 people for dinner including kids, grandkids, spouses, significant others and a couple of less than significant others. An ancient oak table with six leaves that I bought 40 years ago for $4, just barely held us all.

Weary

SGT Rock
12-26-2004, 17:23
14 total at my place too. Move near the Smokies and suddenly everyone is your friend ;)

I also got a new Jimmy Buffet CD and some other cool stuff.

Merry Christmas ya'll!

Mags
12-26-2004, 18:25
I hosted an "Orphans' Christmas Dinner" for those of us who were in Boulder for the holidays. Many of us in this town are transplants. Our relatives are elsewhere. What was going to be a fairly small dinner turned into a full on party -25+ people! :o

No worries; re-arranged the furniture, turned the dinner into a buffet, had people bring a yummy dish to share and a good time was had by all. Cooked my first full turkey ever, made a ham and cooked a huge eggplant lasgna (with hand rolled noodles). In addition made stuffing, mashed potatoes, mashed carrots/turnips. Definitely have the Magnanti genes for A. Cooking well (if I do say so) and B. Making way too much food! :D

Wonderful Christmas present - having a great time with people I consider my extended family.

This Thursday the girlfriend comes back from visting her family and will have a wonderful New Year's Eve by hosting a get together at her house for some more friends.

Life is good...

Happy New Year's all!

Kerosene
12-26-2004, 19:06
My relations have realized that I really am serious about finishing the AT someday, so various family members gave me the Official 2005 Appalachian Trail Calendar (http://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=421&compid=1), Appalachian Trail Names (http://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=343&compid=1), the new hiking boot pin (http://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=430&compid=1) (they ordered the ATC logo pin but it was out of stock), the new Appalachian Trail: An Aerial View (http://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=446&compid=1), and the cool AT Blubandoo (http://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=435&compid=1) that is supposed to keep your neck cool while you hike and only weighs 1.25 ounces.

I finished the AT Names book at the coffee shop this morning. A number of the entries were pretty neat, but many come straight from the official trail guides. I would have liked to see the entries organized by trail mile marker instead of alphabetically, with an alphabetical index in the back.

The ATC is either going to have to offer more stuff or I'm going to have to convince my family that I'm not quite so one-dimensional! :D

wacocelt
12-27-2004, 13:42
Mags, hand rolled pasta? You gotta invite me and the wife next time, I make a mean scone...

I got a Nomad Lite Tent (which I won't be able to use until I get to Neel's Gap and buy hiking poles) a slightly used hand me down $400 20 degree down bag, can't recall the name, I swear it wighs less than 2 packs of Ramen, mountain Hardwear Poly shirt, balaclava and gloves as well as 2 pairs of Columbia wool hunting socks with synth/silk liners. Oh so very Merry Christmas it was for me! hope you folks all had a wonderful season as well.

I look forward to seeing lots of you on Springer for New Years!

Mags
12-27-2004, 14:01
Mags, hand rolled pasta? You gotta invite me and the wife next time, I make a mean scone...

With home made marinara sauce, too. :) Now..about those scones..mmmm
(Food is ALWAYS hiking related!)

A friend of mine gave me a pair of Thorlos as a thank you yesterday. Ah...comfy!

Lilred
12-28-2004, 01:10
We braved the frigid temps and snowstorms and drove to Michigan, from TN, on Thursday, right after the snowstorm. Took 16 hours to make a 9 hour trip, averaging 40 mph. But Santa still came through for me. I got a compass, an orange fleece pullover for hiking in the fall, a digital camera and an MSR zoid 1.5 tent. I musta been a good girl..... ;)

Pencil Pusher
12-28-2004, 01:14
Santa gave me some boxer briefs and jeans.

LEGS
12-28-2004, 12:16
hey i got a new cue stick!!!!!! rack em'-----NEXT!!!!!!!:clap

dharmabum86
12-28-2004, 12:59
I got so much gear! New trekking poles, new filtration system, new Acorn socks, an AT pendant, and AT socks, AT map bandana, REI cook kit, and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. I'm an AT groupie, love anything with the AT logo...I'm cheesy I know :bse

Red Hat
12-28-2004, 20:21
Since I'm hiking as the Red Hat Hiker this year, I got some purple long johns to go with my purple shirt and jacket. (of course neither is the same color purple!) I also got a Garmin etrex legend gps to carry (nothing like extra weight). Now I have to figure out how to use it. Sure seems easier to follow the white blazes....