PDA

View Full Version : Osprey tallen 44

squireel
01-11-2011, 06:46
Has any body used this pack on an extended hike? I want to keep my pack weight around 30 pounds and I already use this pack for day hikes. Any information is appreciated thanks.

Safety Pins
01-11-2011, 11:06
I bought an Osprey Talon 33 -- slightly smaller capacity than yours -- for a couple of 4-5 day A.T. hikes this summer. It is very lite-weight and comfortable and for a so-
called "multi-day" hike held up very well despite taking its share of bumps, falls and all that. So I'm planning on using it for a month-long, or more, A.T. hike this summer.

skinewmexico
01-11-2011, 11:06
Several guys on the Backpacker forum do. If your junk fits, why not?

rusty075
01-11-2011, 11:52
I used from from Harper's Ferry the rest of the way to Maine. I bought it to replace an REI brand pack that had destroyed itself in the first 1000 miles. The Osprey was trouble-free, and still looks almost new. The only slight I have against it is the lack of interchangeable hipbelts: by the time I got to Maine I was bottoming out the buckles. If changing the belt out was an option I probably would have along the way. Even that's a minor complaint though - it was still comfortable to wear, but bear that in mind if your hipbelt is already a bit big on you or if you've got some weight around your middle that will likely melt away with the miles.

Roots
01-11-2011, 12:42
Has any body used this pack on an extended hike? I want to keep my pack weight around 30 pounds and I already use this pack for day hikes. Any information is appreciated thanks.

I used the Talon 44 on a 200 mile section. It works great if you do not need a lot of shoulder or hip padding. I really liked the design of it...outside pockets, hipbelt pockets, etc. Great pack!

squireel
01-11-2011, 18:55
thanks for the replys guys, i really like this pack just wanted to make sure it would hold up in the long run

sandylwes
02-18-2011, 21:17
I saw a thur hiker on the pct using a talon 33 or 44 on a thru, she seemed to be fine with it...