PDA

View Full Version : Another hiking mystery

Shutterbug
01-11-2011, 11:46
Because of the tradegy in Tucson, this incident didn't get much notice. Three men went for a hike near Phoenix. When they didn't return, a search took place. The bodies of all three have been found. While the news is still sketchy, it would seems that they must have accidentally walked up on something they weren't supposed to see.

http://www.kpho.com/valleynews/26415950/detail.html

This location isn't even close to the border.

WI_Mike
01-11-2011, 14:43
More from the Deseret News. Apparently the 3rd body remains missing:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705364110/Remains-found-in-Arizona-wilderness-could-belong-to-missing-Utah-hikers.html

WI_Mike
01-11-2011, 14:55
Oops I see these are actually 2 different stories. The Deseret News piece refers to some Utah men who may have been looking for the Lost Dutchman's Mine and went missing last July.

strollingalong
01-11-2011, 16:49
guess it mustīve been those darn pesky Mexicans then huh, fella?
quick to point the finger at another race when there's no evidence

Skidsteer
01-11-2011, 17:17

Chill.

"accidentally walking up on something they weren't supposed to see" can mean lots of things.

I took it to mean a field of pot or a drug deal in progress. Sheesh people are touchy.

sir limpsalot
01-11-2011, 17:24
I'm not making the connection. where was racism stated or implied?

Cookerhiker
01-11-2011, 17:31

What are you talking about?:-?

Point Man Chef
01-11-2011, 17:37

I too must be oblivious to the obvious racist connotation in the original post. I'll take a class.

Roland
01-11-2011, 17:39
What's going on? We can't blame a full moon.

I've seen a number of hot-under-the-collar responses today. One from a Moderator, even. That one's been deleted. Good thing; it wasn't very cool.

It's going to be a long winter.

Cookerhiker
01-11-2011, 18:04
Meanwhile, back to the story at hand...

Clicking on the link, I didn't see any reference to the men being "hikers" but rather 3 guys who were test-driving a jeep. I know we talk about a lot of stuff on WB but is this thread subject relevant?

strollingalong
01-11-2011, 18:45
This location isn't even close to the border.

well i guess i missed it too

Skidsteer
01-11-2011, 18:47
well i guess i missed it too

Ahuevo! :D

rickb
01-11-2011, 18:51
No way I would want to hike near the Mexican border these days. Not worried about pesky people, just dangerous ones.

Toolshed
01-11-2011, 19:20

Mexicans...??? hell no!!! I'm thought he was referring to Canadians - they're the ones not even close to the border!!!!! ;)

nitewalker
01-11-2011, 19:25
maybe theses two are the guilty canadiens....
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7kdA5ixNFEEAWJBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1dHM0bjI wBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01TWTAwMl8xO DE-/SIG=120qirinb/EXP=1294874560/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=l2oPio60mK4

TallShark
01-11-2011, 23:19
Poor guys, wonder what it could have been. It being drug related is a very reasonable assumption

And Oh My God don’t be so touchy, I’m tired of this whole race bs.... illegal immigrants are dangerous when attempting something illegal. Pesky is a great way to describe them, why is that such a hard pill to swallow? I have family affected by just such acts and it’s not racist it’s just reality. They come into a situation illegally and do risky things. I Am SO tired of the race card on this website.

TallShark
01-11-2011, 23:24
^ to add to my post, what I'm trying to say is that isn't such an unreasonable assumption. But no one should jump the gun because a lot of variables come into play. And it's not damn pesky mexicans, it's damn pesky criminals of any race.

leaftye
01-11-2011, 23:29
Clicking on the link, I didn't see any reference to the men being "hikers" but rather 3 guys who were test-driving a jeep. I know we talk about a lot of stuff on WB but is this thread subject relevant?

I have to wonder what kind of people hang out around there.

No way I would want to hike near the Mexican border these days. Not worried about pesky people, just dangerous ones.

It's not like they want to see or be seen by you. It's safe enough. I'm sure it's much safer than near populated places. What bothers me is sanitation problems caused by livestock and immigration.

Alligator
01-11-2011, 23:48
First article says testing a jeep? Maybe there was a hiking angle in a different article...