PDA

View Full Version : keeping up with spoon,fork, etc

jeremiah j
01-11-2011, 15:08
This may be a silly question but where do you keep your spoon fork etc in your pack. Mine doesn't fit well in cook kit and keeping in food bag makes it hard to find. I'm afraid to keep it loose in my pack it may fall out unseen when loading or unpacking. Thanks:)

mad4scrapping
01-11-2011, 15:29
I keep it in a zip loc bag inside my food bag along with my spices, small towel, cozy, and similar items. I also keep my toothbrush and toothpaste in this bag so that it ends up being hung with my food. Hope this helps.

Helios
01-11-2011, 15:57
In the food bag is where it rides. I've thought of using ducktape to make a little pouch down the inside of the bag for it, and my lighter. I don't think it'd stay there though, and it may hamper compressing the bag. I just do the "where the #%$ is that spoon" search through the food bag each time. :D

Spokes
01-11-2011, 15:57
I carry two- one inside my food bag and the other inside an outside pack pockets for quick access. Spoon redundancy is important.

BTW, those flimsy plastic ones don't do justice when attacking a pint of hard frozen Ben & Jerry's.

topshelf
01-11-2011, 16:12
I have a camp cup with a handle. So I take the spork and have it tied with some string to my camp cup. It then goes into the very middle of my pack and a Smart Water water bottle fits snuggly down into the cup.

That way they are always together.

StormBird
01-11-2011, 16:44
ziploc bag inside the lid of my pack or in food bag. I never lost mine.

garlic08
01-11-2011, 16:46
Now there's a problem I never realized I had, until now. It seems like I'm always rooting around in the bottom of my food bag for my spoon, and I guess that must be OK.

Don't worry much about loosing it--you can do without in a pinch by picking up two sticks as chopsticks until you get to the next town.

Blissful
01-11-2011, 17:21
I slip mine between the cook pot and pot cozy, inside the stuff sack.

sbhikes
01-11-2011, 17:25
I just put mine in one of the outside pockets of my pack. I believe it is important that the spoon be easy to find.

ocourse
01-11-2011, 17:27
Mine stays rolled up in a cozy that I made for dehydrated bag meals, inside my food bag.

jethro
01-11-2011, 20:31
Mine stays rolled up in a cozy that I made for dehydrated bag meals, inside my food bag.

Same here. My "cozy" is an old winter hat, and it's always easy to find.

Colter
01-11-2011, 21:43
I always know where it is. Wish I could say the same for all my gear. ;)

Press
01-11-2011, 21:50
I couldn't find mine one time, spent a while carefully whittling a stick into a spoon, which was really still just a flat stick, used it to eat and felt very pleased with myself, then found the real one on the ground right next to where I was. Now I just keep it in my food bag.