PDA

View Full Version : Harper's Ferry to Springer Mt.

slipshod
01-11-2011, 18:49
Hello all!
New to whiteblaze and new to the AT (mostly). I plan on hiking the bottom half of the AT starting this spring (flexible start date) and was wondering if anyone else was interested. I have never hiked the trail other than a weekend backpacking trip to Mt. Rogers with the Boy Scouts some 10-11 years ago (I'll actually be using the same pack). I have always wanted to through-hike the trail but don't want to go that far for my first big trip. If anyone is interested, let me know. Also, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Slipshod

Steamtrain
01-11-2011, 20:02
ahhahahah funny story. I'm going from Springer Mt. to Harpers Ferry for my first big hike. planning to start in mid March. let me know if you decide to go the other way.

slipshod
01-12-2011, 00:03
Nah, I figured I would go this way so I can gradually acclimate to long distance hiking. The middle part of the trail is the easiest with either end being much more difficult. Thanks for the reply though, we'll probably pass each other on the trail.

the judge
01-22-2011, 15:25
Slips, my group is starting at Harper's ferry April 6 heading south. we're going as far as Gatlinburg, then getting back on trail after Bonnaroo to finish out.