PDA

View Full Version : Knee Replacements

terp72
01-12-2011, 18:53
I have backpacked The Trail from Amicalola to Hanover, New Hampshire, about 745 miles of it since 2007 with replacement knees. My experience has been generally positive and I am considering giving a presentation at the Appalachian Trail Museum at Pine Grove Furnace to relate my experience. I guess the organizers of the museum talks don’t believe me because they have asked if I “network” with other hikers who have had a similar experience. So, now I am looking for fellow “bionic” AT hikers who might be able to join me for the talk, or who could send me a written testimony. Remember what Oscar Goldman said in the voiceover: "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster"!

Kerosene
01-13-2011, 11:10
You might also contact Diet Orange Soda and starvingmusician, who mentioned on other WhiteBlaze threads that they have had total knee replacements.

Click on "Members List" towards the top/middle of any WhiteBlaze page, and then click on the starting letter of the member's name. You'll likely have to guesstimate which page they're listed on. From there, click on their SendPM or Email button.

Dances with Mice
01-13-2011, 11:55
I'll be joining the "Club" at the end of this month. Knees are OK but the warranty on one of my hips has expired. It's going to be replaced 28 years after a car accident dislocated it.

New trail name may be Dances with Titanium.

I tried to turn in my hard hat, kevlar chaps and sawyer's First Aid Kit back to the GATC since I won't be wielding a chainsaw for them anytime soon but they wouldn't let me since they believe I'll be using them again soon. I hope to prove them right.

I ain't really worried about hiking. If I can get back to doing what I want to be able to do, hiking will be easy.