PDA

View Full Version : trying again it wont be my first try but my third try

walking bird
01-13-2011, 00:32
:sun it is my third try at trying to hike the at i just refuse to give up i have had some nasty spills but i am a hard headed irishman i will give it one lasy try in march

Red Hat
01-13-2011, 01:27
Third try is a charm...NOBO 05,SOBO 08,NOBO 10.... and done! Good Luck!

walking bird
01-13-2011, 01:33
thank you red hat it means alot

Ron Haven
01-13-2011, 01:43
you can do it.

Stearman
01-13-2011, 05:11
Hiking is 10% gear/knowledge preparedness, !0% good luck, and 100% mental.

Mountain_Goat
01-13-2011, 08:29
glad to see your as stubborn as most.See you out there.

Helios
01-13-2011, 08:35
May the trail rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your pack.

4shot
01-13-2011, 09:35
Best wishes...I have to say I really respect any one who gives it a go multiple times. Not sure that I have that in me.There was a gentleman on the trail in '10 who was on his fourth attempt and he was in Maine so I assume he finished! :clap As said above, it does require an element of luck to avoid injury or illness plus the determination to keep going. How far did you get on your first two hikes?

HeartWalker
01-13-2011, 10:01
Way to go. I hope you make it this time. Starting my second attempt around the same time. Hope to see you on the trail.

Tenderheart
01-13-2011, 13:39
I say go for it. Did you hear of the young NOBO women who first sighted Katahdin from Rainbow Ledges? They got so excited that one fell and broke her ankle, thus ending her thru hike. It's true, there is a LOT of luck involved.

litefoot 2000

Old Hiker
01-13-2011, 13:43
Great heart! Good luck to you this time!

hillsanddales3
01-13-2011, 13:48
To The Walking Bird:

A mountain crest, a valley stream, the countryside below
Walking Bird did spread his wings to view this awesome show.
A wondrous journey, twice before he'd set to travel free
And roam this Grand Ole Pathway home, the beautiful AT.

His heart was filled, his pack the same.
"Good luck!" Walk out the door.
Just to be sure, topped off his pack
Full of clovers four.

A Tip O' the Hat to you, our friend
May your compass guide you true.
The Lord will keep your tread way safe
On this Irish Rover's thru.

gipcgirl
01-13-2011, 18:19
:sun it is my third try at trying to hike the at i just refuse to give up i have had some nasty spills but i am a hard headed irishman i will give it one lasy try in march
It will be my second attempt when I start on the 12th March. Almost finished last year short by only 320 miles. Good luck with this attempt. Maybe we will meet.

SawnieRobertson
01-13-2011, 18:31
It becomes an old pal, always enjoyable, missed between tries. What is better than to get to go back? Hope to see you sometime whilt we are out there, enjoying most moments.--Kinnickinic

hobbs
01-13-2011, 18:33
glad the good stubborn siide say's go back...You can make it...

Mrs Baggins
01-13-2011, 18:35
When we made our first attempt in 2007 we met a wonderful man, Ranger. He was on his 5th attempt. And he made it on the 5th try. God bless him, and you! We'll make another attempt when the time is right.

Grampie
01-13-2011, 18:52
I have a friend who I met on the trail in 2000. He was from New Zealand and was attempting to do a thru. Since then he has been back trying 4 or 5 times without sucess and he is doing another attempt this year.
If you love it keep trying. Happy trails to you.

DapperD
01-13-2011, 19:12
:sun it is my third try at trying to hike the at i just refuse to give up i have had some nasty spills but i am a hard headed irishman i will give it one lasy try in marchGreat to hear! Try to limit the amount of weight you are hauling, and wear good footwear. These could be contributing factors (other than bad terrain) in causing one to suffer falls, etc...Also try to remember what caused you to leave trail the first two times around and if it was something that was in your control, and you simply chose to leave on your own accord and not out of necessity, see if maybe you can plan to be prepared to stick it out this time around. Try to cover all your bases this time, take it easy, and remember you are out there because you want to be. And whatever amount you accomplish this time around, it's still great! Enjoy yourself and Good Luck!:sun

crazystick
01-19-2011, 15:20
WOW! thats great man, im sure you will do it, good goin!