PDA

View Full Version : CDT Nobo from Crazy Cook in 2011?

SixTwo
01-13-2011, 04:47
Anyone planning to head north from Crazy Cook (the BLM/CDTA terminus) this year? I live here in New Mexico, hiked the Colorado Trail last year, and I'm starting to plan a spring hike in the bootheel, perhaps to Pie Town, wondering if anyone else is going the same way.

Cheers!
Six2

Sly
01-13-2011, 05:36
Anyone planning to head north from Crazy Cook (the BLM/CDTA terminus) this year? I live here in New Mexico, hiked the Colorado Trail last year, and I'm starting to plan a spring hike in the bootheel, perhaps to Pie Town, wondering if anyone else is going the same way.

Cheers!
Six2

I'd love to but I'm having health problem which don't allow me to hike. If I happen to get better, the border to Pie Town would give me all of New Mexico twice. I love hiking in that state.

When you get to Pie Town make sure to look up Nita.

SixTwo
01-14-2011, 04:12
Who (or what) is Nita?

I had a fantastic time on the Colorado Trail last summer, and it was a good taste of the CDT. It took a bit of getting used to not being on the AT, but the wilderness out here and the full days of hiking without seeing a soul, it's amazing.

I hope your health improves. Hope to see you on the trail.

Six2

Sly
01-14-2011, 04:43
Who (or what) is Nita?

I had a fantastic time on the Colorado Trail last summer, and it was a good taste of the CDT. It took a bit of getting used to not being on the AT, but the wilderness out here and the full days of hiking without seeing a soul, it's amazing.

I hope your health improves. Hope to see you on the trail.

Six2

Nita is a trail angel who opens one of her houses (the Toaster House) in Pie Town to CDT hikers. You'll probably be able to find her, or her whereabouts, in the Pie-o-neer Cafe.

Thanks for you well wishes, I'll let you know.