PDA

View Full Version : Getting there

gopher
01-13-2011, 09:14
Traveling to Springer Mtn from Tampa bay is more complex than I thought it would be. Rental cars only go to Atlanta, Bus lines are 25 miles away. If anyone is driving I would share expenses please check hooking up forum.

gopher
[email protected]

max patch
01-13-2011, 09:21
If you can get to Atlanta or Gainesville you'll have no problem finding a $huttle to Springer or ASP.

I'd start with Hiker Hostel.

Helios
01-13-2011, 10:12
Hiker Hostel takes great care of their guests. Can't go wrong with them. Survivor Dave has as great rep. as a shuttle service. A quick google search will find both of these.

Snake Farm
01-14-2011, 18:20
I would also recomment Hiker Hostel, they seem like the best option. Personally, im taking the Amtrak down from New Hampshire to Gainesville and catching a ride from a HH shuttle. I definately dont wanna go on a plane, wierd TSA touching me, delays, and the ever present threat of them losing your gear.

mlkelley
01-14-2011, 18:45
Hiker Hostel is a sweet way to go. Good folks, good breakfast, good place. Easy from a logistical standpoint as well.

FatMan
01-14-2011, 19:19
Tons of options

http://www.georgia-atclub.org/trail/shuttles.htm

Delta-Dawn
01-16-2011, 00:01
I would be happy to shuttle you up to Springer if you can get to Atlanta. I'm SOBOing in July, but will be doing a lot of training and will be making the drive up there often in the next few months. The areas around Amicalola Falls and Blood Mtn. are my play ground. :)

Survivor Dave
01-17-2011, 22:07
Hiker Hostel takes great care of their guests. Can't go wrong with them. Survivor Dave has as great rep. as a shuttle service. A quick google search will find both of these.

Thanks for the kudos Joe, We try to do our best.

StormBird
01-17-2011, 22:12
another vote for hiker hostel