PDA

View Full Version : Billville Winter Warmer 2011

Newb
01-13-2011, 10:58
I suppose somebody has to kick this thread and get it hiking.

What's the plan?

the goat
01-13-2011, 11:03
um, i'm guessing the plan is to descend on the doyle like a cloud of locusts and remain unitl there are no more french fries or yuengling.....or sunday afternoon, whichever comes first.

Newb
01-13-2011, 11:06
We need a date. I'd heard 17-20 March bantered about. If I don't plan now, I'll end up having to work and I'll miss it. sniff sniff.

the goat
01-13-2011, 11:15
march 17-20? that seems really late.....we usually do the last weekend in february right?

Newb
01-13-2011, 11:32
did I say March? Oops. I mean't February.

takethisbread
01-13-2011, 12:27
I'm in training.

I drank a 12 pack for lunch yesterday.

TheTank
01-13-2011, 12:28
I heard that it was going to be the last weekend in February, the 26th-27th.

the goat
01-13-2011, 12:50
I have received word from the venerable mayor of Billville:

The last weekend in February (26th -27th) is indeed officially the date for this year's warmer.

people of Duncannon: hide yo kids, hide yo wife!

Newb
01-13-2011, 13:05
I will begin my ritual purification...errr...putrification.

takethisbread
01-13-2011, 13:27
I think a few of us are hiking in from PA 325.

BAG "o" TRICKS
01-13-2011, 13:44
I suppose somebody has to kick this thread and get it hiking.

What's the plan?

Well I've only spoken with Jester and he verified what Goat said in previous post. Haven't heard from 'Warmer' founder and organizer Chomp. Hey Chomp you out there? Possible work trip to the AT museum on Saturday of that weekend, we'll need to conact Larry L. as still plenty of work to be done there.

iTrod
01-13-2011, 18:21
I vote for another brewery tour.

mweinstone
01-13-2011, 20:53
close your eyes and walk thru the door into the bar of the doyal,...in your mind....smell it?.....that combination of shelter and resturant with a hint of pool hall? yup.....i knew you could.....its what we live for......you know it......dont deny it.......you like that smell.lol.

RedneckRye
01-14-2011, 00:08
close your eyes and walk thru the door into the bar of the doyal,...in your mind....smell it?.....that combination of shelter and resturant with a hint of pool hall? yup.....i knew you could.....its what we live for......you know it......dont deny it.......you like that smell.lol.

Thanks Matty.
Now I am all misty eyed and quivering with excitement.
Or maybe it is just a premonition of sunday morning - smoke burned and queasy.

camojack
01-14-2011, 02:12
I guess I'll have to reserve myself a room... :-?

mweinstone
01-14-2011, 07:23
jack, i could allow you the bed in 23 but for my not wanting to.

mweinstone
01-14-2011, 08:13
billville
vaudville
nashvill
smallvill

doyal
boil
moyal
toil

jester
pester
fester
tester

mary
scary
hairy
fairy

baltimore jack
blaze on your back
corenary heart attack
goodies, be right back

BAG "o" TRICKS
01-14-2011, 13:00
I vote for another brewery tour.

yes their is a Lancaster Brewing Company in Harrisburg that I don't think we've been to. at junction of I-83 & 283 ramps. Don't know if they do tours?

Newb
01-14-2011, 14:59
yes their is a Lancaster Brewing Company in Harrisburg that I don't think we've been to. at junction of I-83 & 283 ramps. Don't know if they do tours?

My liver is already begging me to leave it at home.

BadAndy
01-14-2011, 16:34

That location is only a restaraunt, all of the brewing is done at thier brewery in Lancaster (which does do tours on Satuday afternoons I believe). It's a little fancier than most brewpubs (cand;es and cloth napkins and other non-hiker clean stuff). Good menu and nice bar area for you to destroy though.

Tinker
01-14-2011, 21:57
I think a few of us are hiking in from PA 325.
So you're in on the hike, Bread?
Sasquatch and I plan on it. We need to nail down some particulars, mostly where to meet before the hike (Doyle, most likely) then drive to parking area on 325 on Thurs. Stop somewhere Thurs night (not sure where, yet) then hike into Doyle for Fri. night. As usual, weather determines gear. I'd like to bring my guitar but I'd have to check to see if I could leave it at the Doyle while I hike.

iTrod
01-14-2011, 23:41
Got a bad liver and a broken heart...

takethisbread
01-15-2011, 07:38
Well I'm thinking it's likely to be Peters mtn Shelter. Either way it should be fun. Last year I was getting drunk dialed from the Warmer, pics sent to me of various drinking establishments, ect while I was trying to sleep at the Fontana Hilton.

Sasquatch and I plan on it. We need to nail down some particulars, mostly where to meet before the hike (Doyle, most likely) then drive to parking area on 325 on Thurs. Stop somewhere Thurs night (not sure where, yet) then hike into Doyle for Fri. night. As usual, weather determines gear. I'd like to bring my guitar but I'd have to check to see if I could leave it at the Doyle while I hike.

the goat
01-15-2011, 12:24
i'm organizing a brew tour that starts at 11AM on saturday & continues indefinitely.

it will begin at the doyle hotel bar & will end at the doyle hotel bar, and in between we'll also be visiting the doyle hotel bar.

samplings will consist of yeungling, with perhaps some palate-cleansing coors lights mixed in.

please rsvp so we know how many to expect for this event.

Tinker
01-15-2011, 16:34
i'm organizing a brew tour that starts at 11AM on saturday & continues indefinitely.

it will begin at the doyle hotel bar & will end at the doyle hotel bar, and in between we'll also be visiting the doyle hotel bar.

samplings will consist of yeungling, with perhaps some palate-cleansing coors lights mixed in.

I hope you can find a designated driver ;):D.
I don't get drunk but I get a little slow, sometimes :o.

camojack
01-15-2011, 22:52

Count me in. ;)

BAG "o" TRICKS
01-18-2011, 15:55
That location is only a restaraunt, all of the brewing is done at thier brewery in Lancaster (which does do tours on Satuday afternoons I believe). It's a little fancier than most brewpubs (cand;es and cloth napkins and other non-hiker clean stuff). Good menu and nice bar area for you to destroy though.

Thanks for the info Andy. Anyone have any other ideas other than donut hockey?????? So far hiking video(s)? in rooms, work trip to AT museum or a day hike on Saturday, art show in Matty's room. Oh yea, forgot to mention there is a new 'strip club':banana on Route 322 next door to the Riviera bar.

trailangelmary
01-19-2011, 01:15

Or you can leave it at my apt just down the street

trailangelmary
01-19-2011, 01:32
Well I've only spoken with Jester and he verified what Goat said in previous post. Haven't heard from 'Warmer' founder and organizer Chomp. Hey Chomp you out there? Possible work trip to the AT museum on Saturday of that weekend, we'll need to conact Larry L. as still plenty of work to be done there.

Not sure if they are doing anything at the museum this spring. Apparently, as hoped,the basement will not be opened this year. As per Larry's updates, only a few changes will be made to the current floor in use. Some if not all museum items are now in storage somewhere else until the museum is climate controlled.
You can help the museum fund by becoming a 2011 museum society member and/or donating. GO to atmuseum.org (http://atmuseum.org)

From the site: "Important! As a fledgling museum, only a portion of our space is being utilized, and of course money is a major need to develope other floors to include exciting exhibits. This year, our Fund Drive focuses on obtaining enough donations to recieve an annonymous $50,000 matching grant which would make it possible to prepare the remainder of the building to become part of the Museum. A report, available thru this link, will (1) help to make you aware of all that we have done so far, culminating in the astonishingly successful Grand Opening in June; (2) to let you know what we are planning for next year and beyond; and (3) to ask for your continued financial support to help us manage the steadily growing costs of the Museum. Please be a part of this endeavor by sending whatever contribution you can to the A.T. Museum at 1120 Pine Grove Road, Gardners, PA 17324. or click on Appalachian Al below to donate online."

So, anyway, yes that would be great to contact Larry to see if we can help with anything in February.

BAG "o" TRICKS
01-19-2011, 12:58
Not sure if they are doing anything at the museum this spring. Apparently, as hoped,the basement will not be opened this year. As per Larry's updates, only a few changes will be made to the current floor in use. Some if not all museum items are now in storage somewhere else until the museum is climate controlled.
You can help the museum fund by becoming a 2011 museum society member and/or donating. GO to atmuseum.org (http://atmuseum.org)

From the site: "Important! As a fledgling museum, only a portion of our space is being utilized, and of course money is a major need to develope other floors to include exciting exhibits. This year, our Fund Drive focuses on obtaining enough donations to recieve an annonymous $50,000 matching grant which would make it possible to prepare the remainder of the building to become part of the Museum. A report, available thru this link, will (1) help to make you aware of all that we have done so far, culminating in the astonishingly successful Grand Opening in June; (2) to let you know what we are planning for next year and beyond; and (3) to ask for your continued financial support to help us manage the steadily growing costs of the Museum. Please be a part of this endeavor by sending whatever contribution you can to the A.T. Museum at 1120 Pine Grove Road, Gardners, PA 17324. or click on Appalachian Al below to donate online."

So, anyway, yes that would be great to contact Larry to see if we can help with anything in February.

Mary, I already made my contribution to the museum and also plan to renew my membership at the Festival. Would you be able to contact Larry to see if we can do anything on Saturday. Thanks for updates see you soon.

Roots
01-19-2011, 15:02
Mary, I already made my contribution to the museum and also plan to renew my membership at the Festival. Would you be able to contact Larry to see if we can do anything on Saturday. Thanks for updates see you soon.

Hey Tricks!!! Just thought I'd say hey since I saw you reply on here. Hope you guys have a great time! Ooo...thanks for letting us borrow Jester for Soruck. I think we corrupted him. :D

mweinstone
01-19-2011, 15:52
the letterhead for billville should be trail angel mary, and bag o tricks, as angels blowing trumpets . with angel clothes and angel halos and cherubic angel bodys. oh, wait... sorry.
the doyal is sorta like our clubhouse. shouldnt we be wearing colors on leather? and parrelel parking our packs out front?
if vicky and pat had a bike with a sidecart, who would drive? and would they were goggles?
if worldwide sealevel rises so that the doyal is riverfront property, would we build a dock to marys? and would the bad hiker poetry contest then be held on a barge moored to the doyal for overflow events?
is there anything a hiker can do in duncanon to really get in trouble? or is it some sort of intentional hiker comunity based on free love?

sasquatch2014
01-19-2011, 22:16
I will be scrimping and saving for this as the winter has been a long a tight budgeted one. I am planning to try and do the hike in to the Doyle. Hell it's cheaper for me to be on the trail then at home if I have the Vacation days. Like a famous Blond singer once sang "One Way or another"

Newb
01-20-2011, 09:09
I will be scrimping and saving for this as the winter has been a long a tight budgeted one.

You ain't alone, brother.

BAG "o" TRICKS
01-21-2011, 13:09
Hey Tricks!!! Just thought I'd say hey since I saw you reply on here. Hope you guys have a great time! Ooo...thanks for letting us borrow Jester for Soruck. I think we corrupted him. :D

Hey Roots, hope all is well. Heard everyone had a good time at Soruck. Sly and others helping out always do a great job. As for corrupting Jester.., you're years too late:D

trailangelmary
01-21-2011, 17:36
I contacted Larry about Billville doing a work trip at the Museum on Saturday of the warmer. Here are the responses so far from Larry and Margy, Museum Manager.

Mary,
I’m copying Margy on this. Margy had wanted to have a work trip to do some cleaning at the Old Mill. There may also be some repairs that need to be done or something outdoors. The end of February may be a little early.
Best,
Larry

Hi Mary, Larry,
What is the date for the Billville event? End of February IS a bit soon for spring cleaning--the dusting and window washing, etc, at least. I think the floor should be treated again, but with the space heaters and signs, etc. scattered around, it might be awkward to tackle it. You would need the heaters there to keep the building warm enough for comfort. There is definitely some other clean-up work needed, principally vacuuming up the millions of lady bug carcasses on the second floor. The basement still holds a lot of junk that could probably be disposed of. Don't think either of those tasks would keep a group busy very long, though.
I'll think about it and see if I can come up with any other ideas.
Margy Schmidt

My response to Margy:
Hi Margy,
The Winter Warmer is the last weekend in February. If it pans out we would be coming to do whatever can be done on Saturday morning.
If there isn't much to do we can sign up a limited appropriate number.
Can the floor be done in sections moving things around to get it done?
Let me know if you think of anything else.
Mary

lava
01-24-2011, 18:39
Someone was nice enough to suggest that I might want to come to this as I will be starting a thru-hike in March. You will all have the opportunity to give me last minute advice.

So, being someone who is not familiar with this event, how do I sign up and what do you need me to bring?

Oh, and will I get to meet matthewski? :D

Thimble

Lone Wolf
01-24-2011, 18:46
Someone was nice enough to suggest that I might want to come to this as I will be starting a thru-hike in March. You will all have the opportunity to give me last minute advice.

So, being someone who is not familiar with this event, how do I sign up and what do you need me to bring?

Thimble

just show up and be prepared to drink a lot

StarLyte
01-24-2011, 20:55

How could you do that :eek:

StarLyte
01-24-2011, 20:58
Any room for an old friend ?

DUH I don't care if there isn't, I'm coming.

Someone wake up the Geek and tell him.

Tricks I have a great poem.

Jester--I have a bag of tricks for you.

Mary - I'll bring the coffee pot love. And food. Miss you.

What's my room at the Doyle....can't remember, I know I'm always next to Camo.

mweinstone
01-25-2011, 01:48
this is a trick isnt it. your all trying to lure me to your doyal and your billville and such. well it wont work. im wise to you all. i know now the horrible truth of your goings ons.
thats right goings ons. the space ships, the embryos, the watchers and the drinkers. i found out all about you and your leader starlite. i also know that there are those who fight your evil and are becoming a problem to you. i know that some of these groups of freedom fighters frequent establishments in stelth . under names like,"mat, sober 8 weeks." discussing and planning.
heavy drinking will be permitted as usuall in rm23. a drunk ejection system has been installed and has a sensitivity setting of jack +.000000001
anyone drunker than this will automaticaly be flipped out the window by an ironing board prop from an old 3 stooges.

camojack
01-25-2011, 04:58
The probability of that (if you attend, of course) is approximately 99.999%... :rolleyes:

What's my room at the Doyle....can't remember, I know I'm always next to Camo.
I have room 22 reserved...right next to matthewski's usual spot. :eek:

RedneckRye
01-31-2011, 02:26
I heard a rumor that elements of The Ohio Sleeper Cell had a meeting and are planning on attending.
The current threat level is "Deep Fried".

BAG "o" TRICKS
01-31-2011, 11:10
I heard a rumor that elements of The Ohio Sleeper Cell had a meeting and are planning on attending.
The current threat level is "Deep Fried".

Good to hear "The Ohio State Sleeper Cell" will be attending. Mmmmmm deep-fried, with visions of bacon explosions, and Matty murals.

harryfred
01-31-2011, 12:03
Damn really looking forward to seeing you cats. I reserved a room a couple of weeks ago. didn't give me a # just said I had a room. Floor is open for any and all that will fit. Hell we don't sleep anyway we pass out:banana
Sasquatch, Digger, if you need transport on Sunday let me know Wish I could hike with you but I gotta get it for the man. I'll be up Friday aft 5:00 aft work taking a vac. day Saturday.

Bad Andy show up when you can if you see me the first beers on me.

Any one new to this show up bring a sleeping bag. If there are no rooms available and there won't be someone WILL let you sleep ( ah er pass out) on the floor of their room.

Mary, you doing breakfast on Sunday this year? count on me to toss some cash in the jug but I also might be able to bring up some supplies.

Edge

mweinstone
01-31-2011, 12:14
ah mine doyal, you are so good to me!

floorspace cant be "given out". the doyal sells it for ten bucks to cover showers laundry and towels and they require id and permmission from the owners to have folks in your floor. they allways alow it, its just that we dont ever do it without asking and paying. floor sleepers are under the same rules as guests witch means being checked in with the staff. no biggie, just that vick will rip you a new asp hol if you break her rules.

mweinstone
01-31-2011, 12:16
sorry, vicky. not vick. schmootz on the y key.

trailangelmary
01-31-2011, 12:19
Mary, you doing breakfast on Sunday this year? count on me to toss some cash in the jug but I also might be able to bring up some supplies.

Would like to but will need donations ahead of time to do the shopping.

mweinstone
01-31-2011, 12:59
lets all play a quick game of "if", my favorite game. ill go first.

if the doyal was mine
by matthewski weinstone
if the doyal was mine then rm 23 would be mine and all the drink chips would be mine and the porch would be mine and the flagpole and the ,...well you get the point. all mine. and if it was all mine.....
i would live in 23 and every day i would work 12 hours restoring it with my awsome skills untill it was unrecognizable from the day it was made.
nights would be spent bothering mary and sundays i would fish the river.
in the restored doyal i would hang my framed art on all the walls floor to ceiling and open a gallery in the halls and common areas.
the store room behind the kitchen would be taters new apt with its own entrance and pat and vicky would live in the rooms of their choice witch we would join together into an apartment.
a catwalk would be built up to the flagpole where a crows nest would be built . a hiker would man the lookout daily during hiking season. he would have a spotting glass and two signs. one with a v for vegetarian, and one with a c for carnivore. when a hiker was spotted he would raise one sign at a time. the hikers would know to raise their hands one at a time to show what they eat. the lookout would then pick up an antique ships communication funnel thingy and call in to the kitchen the order and a fleet of servers would be standing on the front walk holding platters of burgers and fries for the hikers.
the legond of the doyals burgers and how they are handed to you instantly apon arriving, would spread far and wide.
jesters room would anex the room next to it to become the new offices of the mayor of billville and a complete film studio would be installed and rented to trail groups and individuals making trail films for editing. jester would be a paid employee of the film production unit of billville but all other procceds would go to funding charitable trail endevors of jesters choosing and under his direction.
trail angel mary would become the official shutteler of the doyal and duncanon with a mini school bus and a pick up at her disposal.
investers would be soliceted to build a multi million dollar project consisting of a zipline to be the worlds longest single run bringing hikers rom the top of peters mountain , across the river to the roof of the doyal. this would make the town of duncanon the centerpeice of fun to be had on the trail and would generate year round worl wide tourism dollars to be used to further the town of duncanons resourses.conssesion stands, saftey staitions and a line of support towers would all be built under the corprate flag of billville at the direction of the dude. he is shrewd and wont get ripped off on the bids.

harryfred
01-31-2011, 13:07
Would like to but will need donations ahead of time to do the shopping.
I could drop off some cash off for you at the Doyle some time before the warmer. If it isn't enough you can use it later. Also let me check I might have access to several lbs. of sausage and maybe some potatoes, maybe some eggs. No promises. How many people do you think we would feed.

mweinstone
01-31-2011, 13:08
hikers opting to airblaze from peters mountain to the doyal would have the option before clipping into the zipline , to pick up a special phone linked directly to the doyals kitchen and arrange for rooftop delivery of their burger where a veiwing stand would become a popular hangout with beer searved.

mweinstone
01-31-2011, 13:11
the official billville airblazer tee shirts sold at zipline conssesion stands would feature the word airblazer with a hole in the shirt underneath in the shape of a blaze.

mweinstone
01-31-2011, 13:27
marys never got taught how to wine and complaine like normal folks. shes tougher than nails with a heart of mushy stuff. oxoxoxomatty.
but what she aint sayin, i am.
our beloved trail angel has fallen on tough times as the rest of us have. her fridge is empty and you need sunglasses to look in it cause its all bright light and empty space with no dicernable landmarks like food and such. and shes saddend by the quickly approching reality that her beloved hikers may suffer no breakfast at marys, a proud tradition many hundreds of hikers hold dear to their memory banks. by this time most years she would have done tons of shopping and goten loads of donations from local buissnesses in town. but she aint got oil or salt to start with and knows it. shes a realist. mary is working hard to find a roomate to cut costs and she needs to cook all her troubles out while yelling at me for wasteing water and paper towels or shell exsplode. and if you thought bacon exsplotions were gross, well,.. we can all send a buck for the breakfast. sending one of my 12 dollars in a plane envelope sealed with a kiss now.

mweinstone
01-31-2011, 13:41
mary parry
#2 ann street
duncannon pa 17020

we feed 50 hikers on average. most cant be woken from the doyals melodic lullings

harryfred
01-31-2011, 14:34
50 that's a good #. Thanks Matty. look forward to seeingyah. and yeah Mary's the best, all you that have enjoyed Mary's hospitality. won't you send her a little love$. I think next Monday a Doyle burger is in my future, and I'll drop a little somthin in the best nation jug.

takethisbread
02-01-2011, 14:12
mary parry
#2 ann street
duncannon pa 17020

we feed 50 hikers on average. most cant be woken from the doyals melodic lullings

I sent Mary a pm with an offer to help, taking stuff out of my warehouse. I could eliminate a few of the items with stuff my company keeps in stock.

trailangelmary
02-01-2011, 15:11
marys never got taught how to wine and complaine like normal folks. shes tougher than nails with a heart of mushy stuff. oxoxoxomatty.
but what she aint sayin, i am.
our beloved trail angel has fallen on tough times as the rest of us have. her fridge is empty and you need sunglasses to look in it cause its all bright light and empty space with no dicernable landmarks like food and such. and shes saddend by the quickly approching reality that her beloved hikers may suffer no breakfast at marys, a proud tradition many hundreds of hikers hold dear to their memory banks. by this time most years she would have done tons of shopping and goten loads of donations from local buissnesses in town. but she aint got oil or salt to start with and knows it. shes a realist. mary is working hard to find a roomate to cut costs and she needs to cook all her troubles out while yelling at me for wasteing water and paper towels or shell exsplode. and if you thought bacon exsplotions were gross, well,.. we can all send a buck for the breakfast. sending one of my 12 dollars in a plane envelope sealed with a kiss now.

Thanks, Matty but not totally true. I love Duncannon. Two of my friends arrived at my door this week with bags and bags of food. So I am good for awhile I am not going hungry. And hopefully the long term situation on food will be corrected by the end of the month.

trailangelmary
02-01-2011, 15:15
I sent Mary a pm with an offer to help, taking stuff out of my warehouse. I could eliminate a few of the items with stuff my company keeps in stock.

Working on a menu and list of what will be needed for the breakfast. I will post it when finished, respond to PM's and emails,create an online link to spreadsheet where you can enter what you can donate for the Big A$$ Billville Breakfast.

trailangelmary
02-01-2011, 15:20
sending one of my 12 dollars in a plane envelope sealed with a kiss now.

Matty you need your money. Please keep it. I hear you need it more than me and that you are hungry!

mweinstone
02-01-2011, 16:02
too late. just mailed a buck your way lover. got ten left. wooohoo! my popcorn maker that jester and jesters mom pat gave me at the warmer for my birthday never worked right. the lids on the popper pot bounce to high and each poped kernal shoots ten unpopped ones out leaveing about a cup of popcorn each batch . tryed millions of typs and dozens of amounts. finnaly looked online and found out everyone who ownes this model has the same trouble. so me and a friend worked late into the night fixing it. we put penies under paperclips to weight the lid. so now it works fine and finnaly, after 2 years of guilt, i can show off my rm 23 popcorn/heater/nightlight. it has a bulb and you can unplug the spinnerpot and just make heat and or light, buy unscrewing the bulb, you just get heat. since rm 23 has neither heat, nor popcorn nor good lighting, i have solved 3 problems with one jesters mom. i recomend jesters mom for problem solving of all sorts. we should all carry one of her hiking.she can be very usefull.
in other news,...mary and bag o tricks have taken their vows and will be honnymooning in beautifull downtown duncannons prestigeious doyal hotel.
also,...pat and vicky have had a child and named him matthew jester joel.

the annual duncannon hike to death has been rerouted to go from the graveyard to the room in the doyal where the dead guy was found by jack. please remember to wear all black.

that is all.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-02-2011, 12:57
Working on a menu and list of what will be needed for the breakfast. I will post it when finished, respond to PM's and emails,create an online link to spreadsheet where you can enter what you can donate for the Big A$$ Billville Breakfast.

Thanks Mary, you can count on me to throw in some $ for the Sunday BBAB even help you get supplies at Mutzies if needed, Jack can help you cook;). I plan to be up on that Friday after work and also have a room for anyone to crash in 'if' you don't mind snoring. Vickey if you read this don't forget to remind Goodies they will be having plenty of breakfast business on the Saturday morning of the Warmer weekend.
Chomp are you planning to attend? Where are you?? Oh that’s right, I almost forgot, NE lost:eek:, you're probably still sulking.:D

trailangelmary
02-02-2011, 16:54
Possible work trip to the AT museum on Saturday of that weekend, we'll need to conact Larry L. as still plenty of work to be done there.

I talked to the Museum Manager today on the phone. She asked if there isn't much to be doe at the end of February would we do any work at the Hostel. I told her yes since we had regularly helped them out the hostel in previous years. Margy said she would check with the hostel.
I just got this email from Margy.
Hi Mary,

I talked to Deb Bowman at the CPC about your work group. You are in luck! The weekend your group is coming is when they are planning to assemble the bunk beds for the hostel, so she will be delighted to have your help. I am to contact Deb to work out the details.
I will talk to you again soon about the museum project, too.

SO, following your idea Tricks the plans are moving along nicely for a work trip on Saturday of the warmer.

harryfred
02-02-2011, 18:21
Asked at the food pantry I volunteer at and the said absolutely they would send me up with what ever I wanted and if I know JR more than I want. Lately we have had an abundance of breakfast sausage and i might be able to get a ham. Bacon is a little hard to come by. Some times we have eggs, toaster waffles, pancakes ect. The neighbors are getting a little tired if seeing me with potatoes. At Least for right now we have a lot of CHEESE:banana We also often get in so much day old bake goods we have to through it out I can't promise what I can bring but whatever JR puts in the back of my tracker I will bring up and will not bring back. I will also have some cash I'll be up late Friday after noon If you need cash sooner I'll make a trip to Duncannon on a Monday.

camojack
02-02-2011, 22:21
I talked to the Museum Manager today on the phone. She asked if there isn't much to be doe at the end of February would we do any work at the Hostel. I told her yes since we had regularly helped them out the hostel in previous years. Margy said she would check with the hostel.
Hi Mary,
Quote:
I talked to Deb Bowman at the CPC about your work group. You are in luck! The weekend your group is coming is when they are planning to assemble the bunk beds for the hostel, so she will be delighted to have your help. I am to contact Deb to work out the details.
I will talk to you again soon about the museum project, too.
SO, following your idea Tricks the plans are moving along nicely for a work trip on Saturday of the warmer.
Count me in on that... :)

takethisbread
02-03-2011, 18:44
Asked at the food pantry I volunteer at and the said absolutely they would send me up with what ever I wanted and if I know JR more than I want. Lately we have had an abundance of breakfast sausage and i might be able to get a ham. Bacon is a little hard to come by. Some times we have eggs, toaster waffles, pancakes ect. The neighbors are getting a little tired if seeing me with potatoes. At Least for right now we have a lot of CHEESE:banana We also often get in so much day old bake goods we have to through it out I can't promise what I can bring but whatever JR puts in the back of my tracker I will bring up and will not bring back. I will also have some cash I'll be up late Friday after noon If you need cash sooner I'll make a trip to Duncannon on a Monday.

I wholesale a lot of stuff which I relayed to Mary,

On a side note, friend, it'll be good to see you again, I noticed by your personal info that youre 50 years old. Imagine that! You don't look a day over 65;)

harryfred
02-03-2011, 20:56
I wholesale a lot of stuff which I relayed to Mary,

On a side note, friend, it'll be good to see you again, I noticed by your personal info that youre 50 years old. Imagine that! You don't look a day over 65;)
Be good to see you also trailmate. I already asked JR for some grub I can't back down now (ya gotta know JR) Hey if there is too much food for the Billevillians there has to be some hungry people in Duncannon somewhere.

mweinstone
02-04-2011, 10:15
could a guinness book of worlds records record be set for the largest amount of bacon ever cooked? and if so, could we do this thing in the streets of duncannon if we lit large trench fires around the town and cooked bacon for seven days? and if so, could enough hikers smell the bacon cooking from far enough away as to attract enough hikers to eat all the bacon ? or would wild animals stampeed the town to ashes? and if so, how would it compare to the chicago fire? and was the charred carcass of mrs olearys cow concidered beef bacon or ribbs?

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-07-2011, 12:27
Hi Mary,

Thanks Mary,
Wasn't there some earlier talk on here about the Iron Master's not being thru-hiker friendly after it reopens? Anyone?
Not to say that I and I’m assuming others attending the Warmer would not be interested in helping out the hostel, as we've done several times in the past, just as long as they are going to be open to thru-hikers. Sort of like a, “we'll scratch your back for free if you'll scratch ours with a stay and a modest fee, right? I'd rather paint a room at The Doyle if not.

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 12:30
question for mr bag o tricks, hi matthewski, sunday times, my question sir , witch room in the doyal would you paint?

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 12:38
im currently working on a case so sensitive concerning the doyal i must ask vicky pat and tater to look away and not read on.

one room in the doyal holds a secret. its a thing i must know about. ive never known of its existance untill just a couple of years ago. its a secret ill never ,..i hope. and one ive been probing some time. at this warmer, if i can go, i hope to conclude my investigations. their are four rooms left to search. those sleeping in the rooms will have left sunday morning and their keys will be in the doors as per the early checkout rule..this will be my moment of oppurtunity. scurring out of site of tater i will sneak in and out of the finnal rooms . then i alone with a handfull of others numbering less than 8 will be in possesion of the knowlage of"the room"

trailangelmary
02-07-2011, 12:52
Thanks Mary,
Wasn't there some earlier talk on here about the Iron Master's not being thru-hiker friendly after it reopens? Anyone?
Not to say that I and I’m assuming others attending the Warmer would not be interested in helping out the hostel, as we've done several times in the past, just as long as they are going to be open to thru-hikers. Sort of like a, “we'll scratch your back for free if you'll scratch ours with a stay and a modest fee, right? I'd rather paint a room at The Doyle if not.

I appreciate your opinion, Tricks. However, since the inception of your idea I have been working to make it happen as you asked. If you don't want to do work at the hostel, I can put you to work at the museum. So far we have 2 committed Billville members to the work trip at Pine Grove Furnace myself and Camo. Are you in?

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-07-2011, 12:54
question for mr bag o tricks, hi matthewski, sunday times, my question sir , witch room in the doyal would you paint?

Any of them that Pat & Vickey would like, heck I'll even provide the paint.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-07-2011, 12:56
I appreciate your opinion, Tricks. However, since the inception of your idea I have been working to make it happen as you asked. If you don't want to do work at the hostel, I can put you to work at the museum. So far we have 2 committed Billville members to the work trip at Pine Grove Furnace myself and Camo. Are you in?

Not sure about Hostel, but defintely count me.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-07-2011, 13:06
Not sure about Hostel, but defintely count me.

Have an guide book with maps on AT from the early 50's that 'someone';) gave me a while back that I may donate to museum. It's in mint condition.
Hey whatever happened to Jack's bust?

trailangelmary
02-07-2011, 13:11
Have an guide book with maps on AT from the early 50's that 'someone';) gave me a while back that I may donate to museum. It's in mint condition.
Hey whatever happened to Jack's bust?

I'm sure Larry would love to have that guidebook for the museum.
Jack's bust - last I heard artist is doing another bust, Gene Espy. I would take an educated guess that Jack's bust will remain as an artifact with all the museum artifacts.

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 13:38
the museum needs movement. things to touch and see work. like a pay scale you put a pennie in and weigh youself on with your pack at the halfway mark. and a modle campsite set each day next to the building with id tags exsplaining a propper campsites functions. and a cutout of a headless hiker visitors put their head thru and get their photo taken with a summit sign bacckround. and a pet deer and a falcons nest and .....

Newb
02-08-2011, 09:15
the museum needs movement. things to touch and see work. like a pay scale you put a pennie in and weigh youself on with your pack at the halfway mark. and a modle campsite set each day next to the building with id tags exsplaining a propper campsites functions. and a cutout of a headless hiker visitors put their head thru and get their photo taken with a summit sign bacckround. and a pet deer and a falcons nest and .....

How about an angry bear that you have to out-run with a full pack...or even scarier...a hungry hiker that you have to keep a food-bag away from...that would provide movement

mweinstone
02-08-2011, 09:28
Or an exibit of the morbid and the macab of the trail.
Like what happens when tarlin toss gets old.

trailangelmary
02-08-2011, 11:35

sent your ideas in an email to Larry

lava
02-08-2011, 14:08
The probability of that (if you attend, of course) is approximately 99.999%... :rolleyes:

I'm in! Just talked to Vickey. I'll be on the floor somewhere.

Look forward to meeting all of you!

takethisbread
02-08-2011, 19:47
I think a few of us may be in Wednesday night dropping our cars at the Doyle, then shuttling back about 30 miles north and hiking in Thursday and Friday. Tinker, Sasquatch, myself and possibly Nox as well. Mary if you need some of what I can donate, I'll likely have to get it to you Wednesday night or Thursday AM

camojack
02-09-2011, 19:56
"I like the odds"

Look forward to meeting all of you!
The odds are good, but the goods are odd. ;)

I look forward to meeting you, too... :)

Panzer1
02-10-2011, 00:41
I think a few of us may be in Wednesday night dropping our cars at the Doyle, then shuttling back about 30 miles north and hiking in Thursday and Friday. Tinker, Sasquatch, myself and possibly Nox as well. Mary if you need some of what I can donate, I'll likely have to get it to you Wednesday night or Thursday AM

TTB,
I am also thinking about hiking into the winter warmer. Although I am thinking of a shorter northbound 15 or 20 mile 2-day hike.(weather permitting)
Maybe I will see you on the trail. :banana
Anyone else in?

Panzer

mweinstone
02-10-2011, 03:21
honestly guys, your the best. and what i have here is a best. bests , just fill me up. thats all ill say now. ive been asked by the congress of the united states to inform you of your ialienable rights.they have been amended. you now, in addition to the right to life , liberty and the pursuit of happyness may pursue any new rights you want. sort of a free for all. enjoy.

camojack
02-10-2011, 04:42
honestly guys, your the best. and what i have here is a best. bests , just fill me up. thats all ill say now. ive been asked by the congress of the united states to inform you of your ialienable rights.they have been amended. you now, in addition to the right to life , liberty and the pursuit of happyness may pursue any new rights you want. sort of a free for all. enjoy.
PAR-TAY!!! :jump:banana:dance

mweinstone
02-10-2011, 06:22
most of you of course will by nessesety have to be fed to the converter to help make the jurney long before reaching alfa doyalorious. however, your contributions will have been appreciated.

takethisbread
02-10-2011, 07:56
TTB,
I am also thinking about hiking into the winter warmer. Although I am thinking of a shorter northbound 15 or 20 mile 2-day hike.(weather permitting)
Maybe I will see you on the trail. :banana
Anyone else in?

Panzer

Actually I think it's now down to a 20 mile hike, so you are welcome to contact me about details. We will meet up at the Doyle Wed pm or Thursday am and shuttle back.

harryfred
02-10-2011, 20:29
Damn I'd love to join you cats I just don't have enough days off left.:(

mweinstone
02-10-2011, 21:38
harryfred, want me to call the boss and get you off? its fifty bucks a day for my services. no one gets hurt. you just get 3 days off. heres how it works. i put on my suit , walk into his office with a picture of you and ask if he knows this face. then i tell him i work for a tv station who is planning a feature show about you and we want to spoof you with his help. we ask him to call you and fire you summarily by phone. as a gag. he agrees thinking hes going to be part of a tv show. we tell him were setting up cameras at your house now and will be back in 3 days rto film the workplace. your boss grins and picks up the phone.and ill throw in a spot in 23. on the bed. i sleep on the floor.

Panzer1
02-12-2011, 22:31
Actually I think it's now down to a 20 mile hike, so you are welcome to contact me about details. We will meet up at the Doyle Wed pm or Thursday am and shuttle back.

Checking my pack right now. :D

Preparing for the cold. Just in case bringing an extra small fleece blanket for Thursday night. Going to have coffee, bacon and hot oatmeal cereal for breakfast on Friday morning. This time no stinking pocket rocket, instead bringing my MSR Firefly - white gas stove.

Panzer - See you Wednesday night

HoorayCookies
02-14-2011, 10:41

Hi Lava! Hi everyone else! I got busy and just remembered Bag o' Tricks invited me to this, as an opportunity to meet some thru-hikers and ply some info for my upcoming hike in April (in between beers, of course). I'll be calling the hotel later, but I'm getting the impression that it's probably full already. Any women in the group mind taking in a floor-guest?

Is there a consolidated site/page/something about Billville? Trying to figure out what's going on! :confused:

If i can find a space to sleep, I look forward to meeting everyone!

takethisbread
02-14-2011, 11:39
Hi Lava! Hi everyone else! I got busy and just remembered Bag o' Tricks invited me to this, as an opportunity to meet some thru-hikers and ply some info for my upcoming hike in April (in between beers, of course). I'll be calling the hotel later, but I'm getting the impression that it's probably full already. Any women in the group mind taking in a floor-guest?

Is there a consolidated site/page/something about Billville? Trying to figure out what's going on! :confused:

Call the Doyle. I'm sure there will be a place to crash, good luck on your hike. I'm sure it will be nice to escape all the hipsters and phoniness of Brooklyn for the grit of the AT.

trailangelmary
02-14-2011, 12:56
If there is no room left at the Doyle, I can take some in. 2 cots available, and maybe a hammock if I have the studs in the right places to hang hooks! and fold out bed or floor space in living room. Donations accepted.

Jack Tarlin
02-14-2011, 20:02
What a fascinating post, Mary. Whatever else the weekend brings, I sure hope you end up with "the studs in the right places." :D

I am speechless.

trailangelmary
02-15-2011, 12:06
What a fascinating post, Mary. Whatever else the weekend brings, I sure hope you end up with "the studs in the right places." :D

I am speechless.

Jack speechless. LMAO!

mweinstone
02-15-2011, 12:13
i walked in on mary once. they were wearing native american headresses and danceing around naked. not pritty. i retreated to rm 23 post haste and began a series of mind clensing exercises. later, i went back to marys and found her doing a fashion shoot for lady bug. quite a lady that mary.

mweinstone
02-15-2011, 12:21
in order for me to come to the doyal i must:

meet with my customer about the moveing job on monday the 21st
find out if he can wait till after the warmer to be moved
see if he will advance me the money for 4 rents and bills due
begin the job tuesday to get a start and a good idea of how long it will take
call little one(marys daughter) for tuesday night pick up and ride to duncannon
wake up in doyal and begin fixing things in a mad attempt to earn my stay
hike to my weirdo spots and plan the overthrow of artworld
re populate 23 with new art that night/mess with mary
thursday will be spent helping mary 100% of each second including all barked commands
friday involves hideing in my locked room painting pictures till folks are way drunk
friday night at 11pm sharp i open rm 23 to drunken hords
sat work with mary/mess with little one/ping pong at nite with pat
sunday morning mary breakfast gorging
finaly, hiding from panzer in the doyal to delay departure as long as humanly possible.

thats what all has to happen for me to come.

mweinstone
02-15-2011, 12:39
the bad hiker poetry contest bumper stickers will be misspelled.

jester is not responsible

bag o tricks may exsplode if handeled improperly

chomps awsomness and chomp is still awsome are tradmarked copyrighted logos of chompinc.

the dude will be the last one standing and will disertate on the topics of astral phisics and tanks shirt and their connection to wave resonance hypersensitivity syndrome.

jb will be marryed off to the neighboring tribes mayors daughter.

in the rare event the world suffers a major bad day during the warmer,and marshal law is enacted, jester will actually become the mayor.

matthewski will become the minister of food and set forth each day to the fruit filled weirdo feilds about the area with teams of forregers.

pat will drive a horse drawn sleigh and vicky will person the lookout atop the doyal watching for raiders.

bag of tricks will be coated in flexable polyurethane and placed at the entrance to the town in a sumo wrestler position to warn tresspassers.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-15-2011, 12:58

I am speechless.

Jack who is coming down from NE?

HoorayCookies
02-15-2011, 13:02
Looks like the rooms are full (as I suspected), but I'll bring my sleeping bag and hope for some floor space or a corner in Mary's place ^_^ Thanks for the offer!

trailangelmary
02-15-2011, 13:32
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtvqPoobVSWGdG5hcUJhVWQteE1KZ3NjV3gta3Jqc UE&hl=en&authkey=CID0iYYC

Go here to enter your planned donations on spreadsheet. Any one who wants to help with the food preparation can do so at Mary's starting on Saturday of the feed at approximately 6 pm and continuing intermittently until 8:00 am Sunday morning.
If donations are made to make the bacon explosion possible. Charcoal will have to be lit at 4 am.
Trying a new prep technique for the home fries this year - in charcoal grill in cast iron dutch ovens.

mweinstone
02-15-2011, 13:32
rooms full means nothing. floor space is to be had by first connecting with someone willing, then registring with the doyal and paying 10 or 15 bucks.then you have a room!so the doyal aint filled till its rooms are filled and i suggest you start a thread connecting floors with hikers with the doyal with beer.then you could actualy have a reservation for an agreed floorspace in a hikers room and cut the worry and fear that surrounds the darkness of what is billville and ones first rapture.???

mweinstone
02-15-2011, 13:37
i would gladly offer rm 23 but jack has the bed, i got the floor and dude and his crew he comes in at 4 am with have the other floor and tank has the half floor sticking out into the hall and i take in dogs whos owners got drunk and abducted by reaserchers found wandering in the bacon wastelands of the hallways of a post billvillian hallway.

lava
02-15-2011, 13:51
rooms full means nothing. floor space is to be had by first connecting with someone willing, then registring with the doyal and paying 10 or 15 bucks.then you have a room!so the doyal aint filled till its rooms are filled and i suggest you start a thread connecting floors with hikers with the doyal with beer.then you could actualy have a reservation for an agreed floorspace in a hikers room and cut the worry and fear that surrounds the darkness of what is billville and ones first rapture.???

I'm doing it backwards - the folks at the doyle know I'm coming, but I am trusting that I will find someone willing when I get there :p.

trailangelmary
02-15-2011, 13:56
I'm doing it backwards - the folks at the doyle know I'm coming, but I am trusting that I will find someone willing when I get there :p.

You are doing it right lava. Letting the Doyle know you are coming is good. Finding floor space when all arrive is highly likely!
Thanks for entering on speadsheet for BABB.

Sly
02-15-2011, 14:22

Which room has Twister?

harryfred
02-15-2011, 21:43
Which room has Twister?
That would be Jesters.

harryfred
02-15-2011, 21:47
You are doing it right lava. Letting the Doyle know you are coming is good. Finding floor space when all arrive is highly likely!
Thanks for entering on speadsheet for BABB.
You'd be amased how many fit in a room. they're sorta like VW Bugs.

lava
02-15-2011, 23:00
Which room has Twister?

That would be Jesters.

Well that settles it. I am soooo going to find my way to Jester's room. :D

--Thimble

mweinstone
02-16-2011, 07:34
to make a fun keepsake of the warmer:
get up at 430 am
walk out in the hall
turn on a tape recorder
walk around and hold it to the doors where hikers are snoreing loudly
play back twice daily during high springer feavers
use at shelters to scare bears

the goat
02-16-2011, 12:07

--Thimble

it'll be easy to find: just follow the smell of apple cake & irish whiskey.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-16-2011, 13:04

I may, if necessary give my room up to the ladies attending and floor bunk with other snorers.

WalkinHome
02-16-2011, 13:11
I may, if necessary give my room up to the ladies attending and floor bunk with other snorers.

Out on the porch again Tricks? LOL

Jack Tarlin
02-16-2011, 15:56
Leaving NH sometime Thursday or early Friday. Those requiring anything interesting from the lovely tax-free shops along the way should contact me privately.

mweinstone
02-16-2011, 22:19
number one: does anybody else have a hard time reading jacks posts without hearing his voice? cause i seem to be unable to read them in my own inside voice. i only can hear jacks outside voice. you? worried hes a magical wizzard or something.

number two: bag o tricks is a gentalman and demonstrating proper trail ediquete by snoring out of hear of non snorers. so dont say anything but thank you tricks. worried bout quakes.

number three: i allways thaught jesters room smelled like jacks feet sticking out of my room. i think the air flows thata way.

number four: whats our theme? worried its beer and im sober.

WalkinHome
02-17-2011, 09:40
number one: does anybody else have a hard time reading jacks posts without hearing his voice? cause i seem to be unable to read them in my own inside voice. i only can hear jacks outside voice. you? worried hes a magical wizzard or something.

number two: bag o tricks is a gentalman and demonstrating proper trail ediquete by snoring out of hear of non snorers. so dont say anything but thank you tricks. worried bout quakes.

number three: i allways thaught jesters room smelled like jacks feet sticking out of my room. i think the air flows thata way.

Define "sober" please.

Jesters Mom
02-17-2011, 10:38
Sorry to say - no apple cake this year - or raspberry cheesecake or anything else. Having my kitchen redone and it's in a shambles. I thought it might be done in time, but there have been a few problems along the way and I have no stove, refrigerator or anything else - just an empty room - no walls even. So, for this Warmer, I won't be able to bake anything. Sorry about that. I promise to make it up to everybody at the feed.

camojack
02-17-2011, 10:48
Sorry to say - no apple cake this year - or raspberry cheesecake or anything else. Having my kitchen redone and it's in a shambles. I thought it might be done in time, but there have been a few problems along the way and I have no stove, refrigerator or anything else - just an empty room - no walls even. So, for this Warmer, I won't be able to bake anything. Sorry about that. I promise to make it up to everybody at the feed.
You can use my kitchen, if you're feeling ambitious.

I don't use it nearly enough myself, anyway... :rolleyes:

mweinstone
02-17-2011, 11:15
i think we all know what we have to do. nobody brings any cake or pastrie or bready goodness at all. dont want the memory of eating cake at the warmer tainted by no dammed stinking storebought crap.

sober, as in mat dont drink.

wondering what jester looks like arriveing at an event without a large wheeled cooler of cakes and cookies? appalachian tater has set up a hunting cammera rear of the doyal to capture this once in a trailtime event . the film will be shown thruout the warmer.

bag o tricks will be patting down arrivals removeing any tastycakes attendees may try to smuggel in. shares of cake flour rose sharply at the opening of the asian cake markets on word of jesters moms insolvency. little debbie unvailed their newest apple ring pie in hopes of corrnering the cake depleted hiker markets.emergency rooms are reporting a rise in cake related suicide attempts and have positioned pycotheropists accordingly.

president obama , in a show of solidarity flushed a butterscotch krimpet down a whitehouse toilet shocking a visiting tastycake dignitary.

the smithsonian has deployed extra security around the jesters moms cakes display in washington in preperation for an exspected rash of cake theft witch could sweep the hiker nation.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-18-2011, 10:48
Out on the porch again Tricks? LOL

Been there and at the Truck Stop LOL . We'll see what we get, but I'm sure no one will have to sleep on Pat and Vickey's porch, however that is not to say that some drunk and noisy snorer couldn't end up out there:rolleyes:. Hope Pat is making up some of his famous roast beef.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-18-2011, 10:55

don't know about a theme, but the Warmer is being dedicated in Paw Paw's honor.

WalkinHome
02-20-2011, 11:06
i think we all know what we have to do. nobody brings any cake or pastrie or bready goodness at all. dont want the memory of eating cake at the warmer tainted by no dammed stinking storebought crap.

sober, as in mat dont drink.

wondering what jester looks like arriveing at an event without a large wheeled cooler of cakes and cookies? appalachian tater has set up a hunting cammera rear of the doyal to capture this once in a trailtime event . the film will be shown thruout the warmer.

bag o tricks will be patting down arrivals removeing any tastycakes attendees may try to smuggel in. shares of cake flour rose sharply at the opening of the asian cake markets on word of jesters moms insolvency. little debbie unvailed their newest apple ring pie in hopes of corrnering the cake depleted hiker markets.emergency rooms are reporting a rise in cake related suicide attempts and have positioned pycotheropists accordingly.

president obama , in a show of solidarity flushed a butterscotch krimpet down a whitehouse toilet shocking a visiting tastycake dignitary.

the smithsonian has deployed extra security around the jesters moms cakes display in washington in preperation for an exspected rash of cake theft witch could sweep the hiker nation.

You guys could default to Little Debbies as that would be no threat to Pat and I am sure she would be cool with that LOL.

No ANIMAL acts at the warmer yoose yootes!!!

mweinstone
02-20-2011, 15:22
no outside pastries cakes or condiments!!
a cake curfue is in effect
in case of emergency, shelter in cake
cooked confections concealed cleverly as cake will be confiscated

anyone poseing as cake or representing cake will be asked to leave

if a train full of cake crashes and spills cake up against the doyal to the second floor trapping everyone inside,...there will be no eating your way out. you will shelter in cake untill cake tunneling equiptment can reach you.

if god comes with some manna, witch is cake, you will politely refraine from partakeing.

Panzer1
02-20-2011, 17:10
what about bread, is that OK?

Panzer

mweinstone
02-20-2011, 23:40
what about bread, is that OK?

Panzer

sliced only. and all bread will be subject to search.bread found to contain fruit nuts or cheese will be confiscated. cinnomine bread is banned from the warmer.

camojack
02-21-2011, 04:36
No outside pastries cakes or condiments!!

A cake curfew is in effect.

In case of emergency, shelter in cake cooked confections concealed cleverly as cake will be confiscated.

Anyone posing as cake or representing cake will be asked to leave.

If a train full of cake crashes and spills cake up against the Doyle to the second floor trapping everyone inside...there will be no eating your way out. You will shelter in cake until cake tunneling equipment can reach you.

If God comes with some manna, which is cake, you will politely refrain from partaking.
So...who put you in charge, anyway? :bse

mweinstone
02-21-2011, 09:42
emergency cake responce is my feild of study.

the goat
02-21-2011, 09:58

i thought your concentration was in the field of emergency bacon response.

wrongway_08
02-21-2011, 16:19
Me/jess Might be heading up. Saturday only. Have to be back down MD early Sunday morning for a prior thingamagig. What all going on Saturday .... you going to be there Sasquatch?

mweinstone
02-21-2011, 21:56
groll needs a ride or rider paying gas and tolls from roanoke friday afternoon to be back in roanoke sunday eve.

mweinstone
02-21-2011, 21:58
im packed and ready now. if anyone is going to duncannon tommorow i need a lift.i want to work on the doyal and help mary and try to earn my room while working and sleeping on marys floor. ill pay gas and toll.

camojack
02-22-2011, 01:26
im packed and ready now. if anyone is going to duncannon tommorow i need a lift.i want to work on the doyal and help mary and try to earn my room while working and sleeping on marys floor. ill pay gas and toll.
If you can wait 'til Friday, I can take you with me.

If you can't wait 'til Friday, I can't take you with me. :-?

mweinstone
02-22-2011, 10:44
in a deep dark endless cave, yell cammo's name. exsentuate the "jaaack" part. not wait for the echo. hear it? hes got a great echo name for caves.

cammo jaaack! cammo jaaaack!!!!.........ack ack ack..............try it.

WalkinHome
02-22-2011, 12:26

I am tempted to make the trip down just to see if I could smuggle in a couple of dozen Maine whoopie pies LOL. Alas, cannot. Just for kicks, someone at the "warmer" by a Little Debbie's and sprinkle crumbs around room 23!

mweinstone
02-22-2011, 12:42
i keep 23 baby wiped clean silly. meer crumbs wouldnt stand the light of day.they would decoales from the wave form and vamoosh when exsposed to the sterility unbroken witch is the hallmark of 23. over the years i have systematicly created a space whitin the confines of the doyals own charm, witch defines 23 as the north star of the trail.one can take bearings to any point on the trail from here. likewise, the beacon of 23 shines in every mile of trail and leads me true. between the dust and the doyal is an atmosphere so rare, when breathed one is transported, literaly, to the distant past. when men were free to have high colestoral and not have to name it and think about it. when bacon was a city on a hill. when jesters moms great great great great great mom, baked cakes of acorn and amernanth with peanut butter and cacao.long after matthewski's, when the last matthewski goes to hiker hevan,....rm 23 will be .

mweinstone
02-22-2011, 12:49
you do all realize were talking about an unheatered 9x7 foot room.....yes?
thats right unheatered......its a word if i say it is right? i mean arent words stuff folks wanna say? not stuff you have to say? yes. good. lets move on. im hiking with panzers crew. thats what im calling you doylbounders and warmerhoppers. panzers crew. or pc for short.

mweinstone
02-22-2011, 12:55
hogans heros theme song. sing it when you see panzers picture. its who he is. lmao.

chomp
02-22-2011, 13:18
OK, I've let this little ramble-fest go on quite long enough. Despite rumors to the contrary, I am quite alive and well and I'll be making the trek down to Duncannon on Friday AM with a certain Trail-Legend-Who-Isn't-A-Candy-A$$. I look forward to The Goat's itinerary that he has put together, but fear that it might be a little too ambitious. I hope that I can fit everything in. As for the rest of you, I am so so so disappointed that these two comments were allowed to pass on by:

...I am trusting that I will find someone willing when I get there :p.

Seriously? I thought this was a Billville event, not some doily sewing circle. I mean I would have accepted:

-As long as you're looking for a guy, you'll find someone willing.
-Actually, even if you're looking for a girl, you'll find someone willing.
-Well, if by "willing" you don't mean "stable relationship" because those don't exist in Billville.
-Be forewarned, since Billville is now aging considerably, "willing" and "able" no longer necessarily go hand in hand.
-Many have found their way to Jester's room before, none have ever returned... the same.

Thimble - thanks for being a good sport, and in advance thanks for being an even better sport after this weekend. There may be a few more inappropriate comments like this...

Mary - thanks as always for putting together a breakfast fit for Kings for us on Sunday. I'll swing by on Friday and see if you need anything and of course help out with the supplies.

Camo and Tank - I can't wait to see what you guys will be wearing.

Newb - Thanks for getting this thread rolling because I couldn't imagine a winter going by without hearing one of your poems.

Matty - I hope you find your new room acceptable, word is that the THC levels in Room 23 were off the chart so that part of the hotel has been quarantined.

The rest of you, I expect to see you all with your drinking-shirts, your poem-pens and your puking-shorts. Its Winter Warmer Time!

the goat
02-22-2011, 13:26

lol, it is an ambitious schedule!

i'll be arriving early on saturday morning to organize and lead the festivites above.

Jack Tarlin
02-22-2011, 13:35
Heading outta Dodge in 48 hours.......can't wait! Of course, next two days will not be a lot of fun, the cabin looks like Berlin after the bombardment. Funny thing about doing a really thorough house cleaning (more like an annual one), you always find all manner of things you hadn't seen in many months and never really expected to see again.....mail, bills, overdue library books, sandwiches, etc. What isn't going into storage is going into the fire, it's time to get ruthless. In any case, hope to see many of you for dinner in Duncannon on Friday, be careful on the road.

Newb
02-22-2011, 15:17
Ok. I got Doyle fever now. Afterwards who knows what kind of fever I will have.
I'll be rolling into Dunkooky around 6 or 7 at night on Friday. I have to work that day. :(

trailangelmary
02-22-2011, 17:13
Yeah chomp. You are awesome. This thread is now worthy of being called the winter warmer thread. Love you.

lava
02-22-2011, 17:48
Seriously? I thought this was a Billville event, not some doily sewing circle. I mean I would have accepted:

-As long as you're looking for a guy, you'll find someone willing.
-Actually, even if you're looking for a girl, you'll find someone willing.
-Well, if by "willing" you don't mean "stable relationship" because those don't exist in Billville.
-Be forewarned, since Billville is now aging considerably, "willing" and "able" no longer necessarily go hand in hand.
-Many have found their way to Jester's room before, none have ever returned... the same.

Thimble - thanks for being a good sport, and in advance thanks for being an even better sport after this weekend. There may be a few more inappropriate comments like this...

That's more like it!

Looking forward to the inappropriate comments... or the sewing circle.

I'll be rolling in between 6 and 7 Friday. See you then!

sasquatch2014
02-22-2011, 20:54
Yep Wrongway I'll be there I am now with in the T-12 mark for departure. A few of us morons are doing the hike thing before this shin dig gets underway officially.

Matty I sent you a PM with my # I am heading in tomorrow and will be more than glad to have company for the trip it. It has been a long time brother and will be glad to catch up with you during the drive. Give me a shout.

camojack
02-22-2011, 21:46
Camo and Tank - I can't wait to see what you guys will be wearing.
Just for that, I should throw you a curve...but I probably won't. :rolleyes:

Panzer1
02-22-2011, 23:34
hogans heros theme song. sing it when you see panzers picture. its who he is. lmao.

OK, I'll be Col Hogan but you have to be cpl. LeBeau.

Panzer

Panzer1
02-22-2011, 23:42
Me/jess Might be heading up. Saturday only. Have to be back down MD early Sunday morning for a prior thingamagig. What all going on Saturday .... you going to be there Sasquatch?

This says its going to be 9 degrees tonight at Peters Mountain Shelter. Can that be right???

Panzer (I need to know)

sasquatch2014
02-23-2011, 00:52
This says its going to be 9 degrees tonight at Peters Mountain Shelter. Can that be right???

Panzer (I need to know)

I am sure it is going to be cold and it will be cold for the next few nights as IU am sure you will guess. It can also be a controlled heat at the Doyle. I have spent most of the winter working a mix of inside and outside and I for one am getting tired of the cold.

Panzer1
02-23-2011, 03:46
OK, then I bringing my sleeping bag AND a blanket. Just to be safe.

Panzer

HoorayCookies
02-23-2011, 14:41

I can make some apple cake to bring along, as long as no one minds it likely being sub-par to Jester's mom's cake.

camojack
02-23-2011, 18:22
I can make some apple cake to bring along, as long as no one minds it likely being sub-par to Jester's mom's cake.
Mmmm...apple cake! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink020.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

WalkinHome
02-24-2011, 09:16

Waiting for the Matti flame LOL!!!

mweinstone
02-24-2011, 09:58
duncannon is awsome. the scilence is like a blanket healing and comforting. woke up with that freash air slept feeling.i earned a night at marys cleaning and earned a night at the doyal cleaning, so far. worked hard and in the filth of a trillion hikers but its worth every pine sol minute to be out of loudland . today i bump up the odds a notch.i will atempt to clean where no man has cleaned before.and to earn a night,....plus a burger.i know its a dream,....but theres enough dirt and enough pine sol. it can be done. my goal is to see if jester can be made to say " the doyle smells good." nobodys tryed to get cake thru the cake barricade but the trail is ungaurded and smuglers could concevibly mule pack cake in. in other news, panzer and tinker and susquatch and the two drunk guys just left hiking. panzer will stay out tonight with some and susquatch will return tonite. two of last lyears thruhikers were here last night, one got flagged for being weird. they just left. lets see, what else....marys asleap....im just waiting to get pine sol from the sleeping doyalestas.

camojack
02-24-2011, 10:01
Waiting for the Matti flame LOL!!!
Apparently Matt will be hiking into Duncannon with Panzer, etc.

Bless their hearts, every one; I certainly don't like sleeping out in the cold, they can have that... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad018.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

camojack
02-24-2011, 10:04
duncannon is awsome. the scilence is like a blanket healing and comforting. woke up with that freash air slept feeling.i earned a night at marys cleaning and earned a night at the doyal cleaning, so far. worked hard and in the filth of a trillion hikers but its worth every pine sol minute to be out of loudland . today i bump up the odds a notch.i will atempt to clean where no man has cleaned before.and to earn a night,....plus a burger.i know its a dream,....but theres enough dirt and enough pine sol. it can be done. my goal is to see if jester can be made to say " the doyle smells good." nobodys tryed to get cake thru the cake barricade but the trail is ungaurded and smuglers could concevibly mule pack cake in. in other news, panzer and tinker and susquatch and the two drunk guys just left hiking. panzer will stay out tonight with some and susquatch will return tonite. two of last lyears thruhikers were here last night, one got flagged for being weird. they just left. lets see, what else....marys asleap....im just waiting to get pine sol from the sleeping doyalestas.
So...I posted that last one a moment too soon; apparently Matt bailed on hiking in the cold. Not that I blame him one iota... :p

mweinstone
02-24-2011, 10:08
made a camp panzer sign for panzer with tanks fireing on a red blaze. he likes it. he wants me to draw vines on two light switches he brought with him. duh. sorry mrs panzer,...dont wanna. mary made two closets into two bunkrooms. im hanging a hammok in one and theres a cot in another. i slept in marys closet shirts will be sold with the i slept with miss janet ones. it was actualy quite cozy.

mweinstone
02-24-2011, 10:15
i bailed cause i got work id rather do. its very theroputic. woosefase.oxoxoxmatty

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-24-2011, 10:20

This is very sad news indeed Pat:(, however, the new kitchen I'm sure will be a blessing. Not to worry though, I heard Redneck will be baking his famous trail pizza for everyone:banana

camojack
02-24-2011, 10:21
i bailed cause i got work id rather do.
Any excuse in a storm...especially one with cold precipitation.

Like the one in the forecast... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char060.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-24-2011, 10:33
Heading outta Dodge in 48 hours.......can't wait! Of course, next two days will not be a lot of fun, the cabin looks like Berlin after the bombardment. Funny thing about doing a really thorough house cleaning (more like an annual one), you always find all manner of things you hadn't seen in many months and never really expected to see again.....mail, bills, overdue library books, sandwiches, etc. What isn't going into storage is going into the fire, it's time to get ruthless. In any case, hope to see many of you for dinner in Duncannon on Friday, be careful on the road.

Sort of like cleaning out a rental vehicle after a bunch of hikers have been in and out of it all weekend.., huh?

sly dog
02-24-2011, 13:46
Dam! Cant make it this year due to bein on call for work but brother keystone will be there. Never know, maybe i can sneek down.

The Old Fhart
02-24-2011, 18:52
While everyone will be bending elbows and enjoying the ambience of the Doyle, I'll be outdoors all weekend wallowing in the deep new snow while instructing at an AMC Mountain Safety Workshop.

Have fun.

harryfred
02-24-2011, 19:18
Just up dated the Google spread sheet for what I can bring, for the big A$$ breakfast. Suggest you "hiker trash" plan on tossing a few bucks in the DoughNation jug. Mary takes care of hikers, hikers should take care of Mary.

harryfred
02-25-2011, 00:26
Took the trash out and went for a long, LOOOng walk. Look forward to the Warmer. Love to see all you cats. But damn I need a hike. OH, BTW take trash out come back two hrs later the old Lady Is Pi$$ed.

camojack
02-25-2011, 04:32
Took the trash out and went for a long, LOOOng walk. Look forward to the Warmer. Love to see all you cats. But damn I need a hike. OH, BTW take trash out come back two hrs later the old Lady Is Pi$$ed.
Was alcohol involved?! :confused:

ARambler
02-25-2011, 11:18
I plan to come for the evening. I will be coming from my pub crawl in Selinsgrove.

Are there any updates on work projects?
I'm not planning to go to breakfast. Will there be an opportunity to make a money or food donation on Saturday evening?

Rambler

HoorayCookies
02-25-2011, 12:09
The cakes (or loaves) are baking nicely. There's a warm glow in the apartment. To show deference to Jester's Mom, they are apple loaf cakes, or apple bread, whatever you prefer-- a lesser, understudy form of cake. See y'all tonight!

Wren

HoorayCookies
02-25-2011, 13:25
tragedy has struck! most of one loaf is down for the count, thanks to a poorly floured pan and persuasive, hungry family members. One less loaf of buttery goodness to bring with me.

wrongway_08
02-25-2011, 22:05
Still thinking, we have to be back early Sunday morning. So we would leave 5 or 6 in the morning here and then have to leave 7 or 8 at night Saturday...... to be able to make or thing-a-ma-jig on Sunday.

Caveman of Ohio
02-27-2011, 16:48
So how was the event?

camojack
02-27-2011, 19:01
So how was the event?
It was fun...as anticipated. :p

mweinstone
02-27-2011, 20:59
tank wrote a poem for the bad hiker poetry contest that caused laughing injuries.
4 pages of the most boreing ramble about nothing that had us begging for him to stop while drowning in tears of laughter. the judges stopped the poem mid 3rd page sighting saftey concerns .
mary hit the nail on the head with the bacon exsplosions.
pat and vicky were gracious hosts who wouldnt take my money for either room, food or drink. thank you two, i only worked for 2 days but stayed free of charge for the week!
jester showed films and we had weirdo candy and jesters moms popcorn machine made popcorn that got raves and aclaims.
room 23 was the after hours dive that saw crowds of hikers talking till the sun came in and said go to bed.
thank you little one(marys daughter) for driving to philly and delivering me to the warmer. thank you tina.
thank you panzer for a ride home and for treating for gas and tolls. needed that broski.
thank you redneck rye for buying my art and for knowing witch ones were the best pics in 23. and thank you newb for everything.
thank you keystone for your friendship. your a hikin buddys best bro.
thank you susquatch for your great donatin for meats and for your helping out.
thank you wren for the apple cake and thank you thimble for letting me live vicariously thru your hike. and for winning the poetry contest with your awsome poem and theirby not letting tank, my nemisis win.
than you tinker for your music and good vibe.
thank you jb for loveing us so well and being our wise old man.oxoxmatty
thank you laces for the dressing and everything. oxoxoxmatthewski
thank you appalachian tater for cleaning up our mess.
thank you cammo jack and the volenteers who worked at the ironmasters hostel and the museum.
thank you hairy fred for being you. your very well behaved and we need that.
thank you tank for the laughter. you healed alot of stressed out hikers that night with nothing more than your heart. do that again please. we love you tank. alot.

harryfred
02-27-2011, 21:06
So how was the event?
Pat and Miss Vicky are the best host.
Panzer, Matty,and Camojack, repairing a back pack....Priceless:sun
Notice if there is a shortage of beer in Pa its because of Sasquatch and Digger.
I wonder if Newb realises just how hilarious he is.
Chomp is awesome:banana
Funky is well funky.
Jester forgot the Twister Board.:(
TrailAngelMary is the best really appreciate the time and effort for the breakfast.
Tanks Bad poetry was sooo bad people were complaining of physical discomfort. I still want to hear the rest.:-?
Please do not leave Laces near any sharp objects. Particularly if she comments on you being a little squirrely.:eek:
Welcome to Billevilles newest thoroughly corrupted residents and future thru Hikers Thimble and Wren.:banana:banana:banana
Bag-o-Tricks missed ya buddy Baltimore Jack had to handle the story telling all on his own. Hope you get better You were asked about alot.
Starlite feel bad ya missed this one.
YMMV:p

mweinstone
02-27-2011, 21:07
thank you rambler for your voice and warmth.
thank you baltimore jack for your kind words for paw paw and for giving our warmer the direction your words lent.
thank you goat for letting everyone who loves and misses you have a hug and an update.
thank you dude for being kind and generouse to me this warmer. i love you dude.
thank you john for being a great bartender and cook.
thank you moon
thank you stars
thank you tree
goodnight duncanon, we'll be back on the 4th for the hiker feed.thank you.

harryfred
02-27-2011, 21:14
Matty ya beat me to it and did a better job that I. But Hey, You are the Great Mattewski:sun

BadAndy
02-27-2011, 22:46
Had a great time for the few hours I was able to stop in and meet a few of you. Hopefully next year work will cooperate and I can do the weekend properly!

lava
02-27-2011, 22:58
So how was the event?

Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome. (That's when people go out of their way to be nice to you because you're new).

Wish I had made a copy of my poem before I handed it in. Jester, if it's possible to get me a copy, I'd appreciate it.

takethisbread
02-28-2011, 17:46
Hey all I just posted a few pics http://plixi.com/e/22143

See a few of you desperate souls at the Duncannon 24 April 15 pm at the Doyle Hotel!

Tinker
02-28-2011, 20:33
Thank you, Sasquatch, for the Honey Badger video link. He was the imaginary mascot for the Winter Warmer :D.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Tinker
02-28-2011, 20:35
I wish I had more time to hang out at the Warmer, but I had to hike. :p ;)

mweinstone
02-28-2011, 21:58
how big is room 23? is it 9x7? or 8x6? tryingto figure if i need a quart or a pint of paint to do the walls.

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-02-2011, 13:01
how big is room 23? is it 9x7? or 8x6? tryingto figure if i need a quart or a pint of paint to do the walls.

Quart will do Matty.

Hey gang, I'm ‘very sorry’ I missed the Warmer and all my Billville brothers and sisters. Was under the weather big time but feeling much better now. Thanks to everyone who called to see how I was doing. Pat and Vickey thanks again for hosting us. Mary thank you for all of your hard work, please pm me and let me know if I owe you or anyone anything. I hope to see everyone sometime soon, maybe on trail, especially the northbound newbie’s, or at TD's in Damascus. Matty I'll be heading South (NC,TN, southern VA) for a week from 4/15 to 24 over school spring break. If you, or anyone wants to go along, the more the merrier.

Hey Ray, they are Lancaster County PA 'woopie pies' :D

Chaco Taco
03-02-2011, 18:43
Now that we have relocated, we will def be at the Warmer next year. Also talked about Trashgivings and we will def be at the ALDHA event in Oct. Miss you all. By the way, there is a ton of snow up here, what the hell??:D

harryfred
03-02-2011, 19:07
Quart will do Matty.

Hey gang, I'm ‘very sorry’ I missed the Warmer and all my Billville brothers and sisters. Was under the weather big time but feeling much better now. Thanks to everyone who called to see how I was doing. Pat and Vickey thanks again for hosting us. Mary thank you for all of your hard work, please pm me and let me know if I owe you or anyone anything. I hope to see everyone sometime soon, maybe on trail, especially the northbound newbie’s, or at TD's in Damascus. Matty I'll be heading South (NC,TN, southern VA) for a week from 4/15 to 24 over school spring break. If you, or anyone wants to go along, the more the merrier.

Tricks missed ya man. Hope to get more on the trail locally this year shoot you a pm on any NOBO's headed your way. Wren and Thimble are leaving at separate times. I hope they hook up as they seem to get along well. Look forward to seeing you at the Hiker Feed.

harryfred
03-02-2011, 19:11
Ya want paint I'll give Ya paint let me know when and it WILL be at the Doyle waiting for you.

Johnny Thunder
03-02-2011, 21:35
on saturday eve i stood around a mountain top camp fire in guam with 100 drunken hash runners and go them to recite 'head' just for you.

i dream of billville and a roll of red duct tape.

Tinker
03-02-2011, 23:17
Quart will do Matty.

We missed you, too, Tricks. Are you feeling better?

HoorayCookies
03-03-2011, 00:18
Thanks, everyone, for making Thimble and I feel so welcome! Tricks, sorry I didn't get to meet you, but hopefully I'll see you at Trail Days!

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-04-2011, 11:13
Thanks, everyone, for making Thimble and I feel so welcome! Tricks, sorry I didn't get to meet you, but hopefully I'll see you at Trail Days!

HoorayCookies and Thimble and any other newbie's that were at the Warmer. I hope to meet you out on the trail, and if I do, I promise some serious trail magic will come your way.
I'm feeeling much better now and headed to the mountain cabin in mid-state PA for some R&R.

RedneckRye
03-05-2011, 03:01
Glad to hear Tricks is alive and well.
When I finally talked to him during the Warmer after some phone tag, he sounded neither alive nor well.
Missed him like a brother.

trailangelmary
03-07-2011, 12:41
I entered my first poem for the bad poetry contest. Named - SCRAPPLE!

Thank you Matty for helping me around my apartment.

Gatherings at my apartment during the preheat, warmer and Big A$$ Billville Breakfast were awesome.

Thank you to everyone who donated food and $ to make the breakfast possible.

Thanks to all who signed my 2011 register.

2011 hiking season has officially begun not only because we had our warmer but because many actually hiked during the weekend.

Work trip to Pine Grove Furnace completed these chores:
3-4 bunk beds done at Hostel.
Museum - floors and window sills swept. Two coats of murphys oil soap on floor. Books moved. Furniture moved. AND 7 visitors.

Handed out Museum membership submission cards at Breakfast on Sunday. Please donate.

Matty, Billville Hiker Feed is not July 4 but the weekend after - JULY 8-9. Food Preparation will start July 5 if anyone has time to come help.

Great time with Jester in the after warmer hours on Sunday evening playing pool and hanging out at the Legion.

Jester forgot to announce theme for Trail Days. According to our conversation on Sunday, it will be Hawaiian (the first Billville theme) in honor of Miss Janet's 2011 hike.

camojack
03-07-2011, 21:55
Work trip to Pine Grove Furnace completed these chores:
3-4 bunk beds done at Hostel.
Museum - floors and window sills swept. Two coats of murphys oil soap on floor. Books moved. Furniture moved. AND 7 visitors.
Actually, we put together a dozen bunks (6 bunk beds). Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

trailangelmary
03-08-2011, 03:15
Actually, we put together a dozen bunks (6 bunk beds). Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Awesome. Thanks, Camo. My memory faltered!!

lava
03-18-2011, 21:49
Hey Billvillians!

I'm starting my hike tomorrow! In honor of this momentous occasion, I thought you might like to re-enjoy my poem from the Bad Poetry contest.

Meditations on My Journey as I Prepare to Hike the Appalachian Trail after Visiting Billville

I'm the new kid here.
Yes, there is a "here" here.
(Here, that's the place where we are.)

Who would've thunk
I'd be not too drunk
With some strangers in an unfamiliar bar?

But it doesn't take much
Just some hiking and such
For some strangers to become less strange.

I've got so much advice:
Gear, towns, food, shelter mice
It's just spinning around in my brain.

So I'll head to the trail
(That's a path in the woods)
Filled with all of the knowledge I've gained.

And each day when I wake,
I'll remember this crowd
As I take each step closer to Maine.

-------------
Hope to see you all at Trail Days!

mweinstone
03-18-2011, 21:53
shes good aint she?

Panzer1
03-18-2011, 21:54
good luck Lava.

Panzer

harryfred
03-18-2011, 22:04
If ya' need anything as your passin' thru give me a ring me or CatLady will hook ya' up.

GracefulRoll
03-18-2011, 22:54
Quart will do Matty.

I think you should say hi while you're in the area :) Oh, and Matty? You should come, too.

trailangelmary
03-18-2011, 22:54
See you at trail days, Thimble. Have a great hike.

mweinstone
03-19-2011, 06:20
miss janet, thimble, all the freaks.......what a year to hike. reminder to those of us who have no hope of hiking, the impossible will be fine without us.

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-01-2011, 14:48
miss janet, thimble, all the freaks.......what a year to hike. reminder to those of us who have no hope of hiking, the impossible will be fine without us.

Matty we are leaving soon, are you packed yet?

trailangelmary
04-01-2011, 15:09

OH, wish I could go. Would love to run away right now!

camojack
04-02-2011, 01:35
I think he's always packed... :rolleyes: