PDA

View Full Version : What's the most common fast food restaurant along the trail?

Wobegon
01-14-2011, 00:39
Just wondering what the most common fast food joint is along the trail. Might have some gift cards coming my way soon. Thanks for any help!

4eyedbuzzard
01-14-2011, 01:05
Probably McDonalds. But they definitely won't be in every trail town - only the bigger ones.

CrumbSnatcher
01-14-2011, 01:24
pizza this
pizza that
pizza hut x74
good pizza
smoky mtn. pizza
little caesars
pizza plus
that place in damascus
trents pizza
bj's pizzaria
pizza plus
dominos
ciros pizza
4star pizza
rockys pizza
3 or so different shelters that pizza is delivered too
AND THATS JUST IN GEORGIA:eek:
you can even have pizza in the 100 mile wilderness

CrumbSnatcher
01-14-2011, 01:26
probably a few hundred more i forgot to list:D
ME AND MY DOG ENJOYED THE BURGER JOINTS THE MOST:D

Bearpaw
01-14-2011, 11:25
Definitely McDonalds for the whole trail. In the south you can find a fair number of Pizza Pluses.

Wobegon
01-14-2011, 12:04
Thanks for the responses. I had figured it'd be the Golden Arches just because they're the most common in the whole USA, but I was just wondering. Sounds to me like many Big Macs are comin' on this thru-hike!

Bearpaw
01-14-2011, 12:13
Thanks for the responses. I had figured it'd be the Golden Arches just because they're the most common in the whole USA, but I was just wondering. Sounds to me like many Big Macs are comin' on this thru-hike!

Check out the local places as much as possible. Often very good deals on a lot of food. The guidebooks feature many good ones. I went to McD's a few times further north where prices got pretty expensive at local diners. But by Maine, prices and food were good again at the local stops.

Wobegon
01-14-2011, 12:26
Check out the local places as much as possible. Often very good deals on a lot of food. The guidebooks feature many good ones. I went to McD's a few times further north where prices got pretty expensive at local diners. But by Maine, prices and food were good again at the local stops.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to check out local but sometimes I get McDonalds cravings, especially after hiking or running far.

The Snowman
01-14-2011, 12:50
Dunkin Dounuts and Subway are probility the most common fast food places along the trail

Odd Man Out
01-14-2011, 12:50
Here is a map of how far you can be from a McDonalds:

http://www.datapointed.net/2010/09/distance-to-nearest-mcdonalds-sept-2010/

In the lower 48 states, the McFurthest spot is here:

http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=45.45955,-101.91356&z=11

Not on the AT!

fehchet
01-14-2011, 12:52
Bronco Billy's.

Gray Blazer
01-14-2011, 12:59
Ramen Palace found at every shelter.

bus
01-14-2011, 13:02

Yeah! That brick oven pizza place a few miles west of Mountain Harbor in TN was awesome...I think it was $10 for unlimited toppings!!!

Sickmont
01-14-2011, 13:19
pizza this
pizza that
pizza hut x74
good pizza
smoky mtn. pizza
little caesars
pizza plus
that place in damascus
trents pizza
bj's pizzaria
pizza plus
dominos
ciros pizza
4star pizza
rockys pizza
3 or so different shelters that pizza is delivered too
AND THATS JUST IN GEORGIA:eek:
you can even have pizza in the 100 mile wilderness

Ain't no such thing as real pizza outside of NYC and Chicago.......