PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Trail class of 2011

mcskinney
01-14-2011, 04:05
Just trying to see how many WB'ers are planning on attempting the CT this year.

I am.

Direction: Westbound
Start Date: July 1st
Hope Pass Alt: Yes

maybe clem
01-14-2011, 04:34
Still working on the details but I'm hoping for a July 7th start date, westbound.

Tilly
01-14-2011, 12:42
I can't believe I'm putting this out there but since this thread came up...

I am seriously planning on being on the CT this summer! Can't believe I'm typing that out!

Driving out from Indiana and then starting around June 24th. Hiking with my partner Matt. Going west/south from Roxborough SP.

I'm both scared and excited because I have not done any western hiking in the continental US. I figure it will be a good practice for the PCT though.

In the meantime I am looking at recipes to dehydrate, tweaking out some of my gear, and all the rest.

Hope to see you all out there!

thechadders
01-14-2011, 21:11
Leaving last week of june hope to see you guys out there! cant wait!:banana

wandering_bob
01-15-2011, 21:28
leaving either July 9 or 23 from Breckenridge, headed for Durango.

Avoid Breckenridge on the weekend of July 16 - that's the annual Breckenridge 100 bike race. There will be thousands of folks there for that.

Tyler
01-22-2011, 19:40
I've lurked the forum long enough. The idea of hiking the CT has been rolling around my head since mid-2009. Finally looking like I can commit to it.

Looks like this is the summer for me. I'm planning on getting on the trail the first week of August. Heading Westbound

Tilly
01-23-2011, 14:18
:welcome
Welcome Tyler! Glad to year you're hiking soon.

Tilly
01-23-2011, 14:18
Can't edit--Obv. meant 'hear' you're hiking...

Tyler
01-23-2011, 15:31
Thanks, Tilly.

I'm glad to see another "midwesterner" hiking it. That altitude is going to be quite a change for us.

Canadian Dude
01-31-2011, 22:37
I'm in!
July 1-ish...

garlic08
01-31-2011, 22:51
I might be out there, too, later in the season, like August. Probably WEBO.

The COT was my entry into long distance hiking, back in the early 90s. The trail has probably changed a lot in twenty years. I remember a bunch of road walking and a few cross-country sections that I bet are finished now.

ARambler
02-01-2011, 00:47
Hope to hike srarting mid August. I think eastbound is best late.
Rambler

Dirty-thirty
02-02-2011, 13:38
July-ish?

still up in the air tho, trying to decide between CT or JMT.

thechadders
02-02-2011, 19:04
July-ish?

still up in the air tho, trying to decide between CT or JMT.

+1 CT

While both are amazing I would side with the CT

AUhiker90
02-07-2011, 17:53
Hopeful July 1 WEBO must save for transportation already have consumables ready to send.

mcskinney
02-10-2011, 00:46
I wish it was June 30th right now so tomorrow would be my start date. It will come soon enough I imagine.

mishab_10
02-18-2011, 23:52
Finished the Colorado Trail in 2005! Great Trail!

I'll be on 2 CT Trail crews this summer (2011)! Hope to meet some of you this summer!

Enjoy!:)

echoes
02-25-2011, 02:18
I might be out there again this year, west/southbound starting late June/early July.

q-tip
02-26-2011, 14:06
Yes!!! Hiking it in mid June to the end. Any thoughts you have on gear would be helpful. Finished 1,000 mi on AT this Nov. Looking forward to the CT.

palumbo
02-26-2011, 14:11
I guess it's official now that I'm putting it in public. I will WB starting around the 9th of July.

See you on the trail.

Mags
02-26-2011, 23:46
Best of luck to all doing the CT.

It's a great way to see CO.

Take some alternates it you can, climb some 14ers if you have the time...and have a blast!

:sun

echoes
02-27-2011, 02:25
Best of luck to all doing the CT.

It's a great way to see CO.

Take some alternates it you can, climb some 14ers if you have the time...and have a blast!

:sun
You should hike the trail with me and be my personal tour guide! :)

postholer.com
03-04-2011, 13:44
No one has signed the CT virtual trail register (http://postholer.com/hikerRegistry.php?trail_id=18) for 2011. You may also want to take a virtual hike using the CT google map (http://postholer.com/gmap/gmap.php?trail_id=18&lat=38.341656&lon=-106.303711&zoom=7&dist=1&vw=0) with mileages and elevations.

-postholer

300winmag
03-10-2011, 23:53
Three or four of us will be doing the southern half from Durango up to Section 16 beginning July 1st. I have only 18 days to do those 210 miles and I hope that's enough,

One day will be a resupply/car shuttle/rest day. Been getting in shape for this by hiking and skiing at 7,000 to 10,000 ft. just outside of 'Vegas in the Spring Mountains.

300winmag
03-13-2011, 00:56
A few of us will begin the southern half July 1st and finidh at the end of Section 16. I have no interest inteh northern half. Maybe it needs re-routing further west. Just sayin'....

(Yes, as a former professional trailbuilder on the PCT in '80 I know how difficult that would be.)

Paccer
03-13-2011, 12:15
Add one more to the list. I plan on flying to Denver on June 27th and heading out from there. Can't wait to get back on the trail.

appalachianjosh
03-13-2011, 19:22
Woot! I'll be heading out there mid-late June, heading towards Durango.

brian039
03-18-2011, 18:30
I'm all set for a Westbound thru starting the end of June.

UGASlotMachine
04-04-2011, 02:53
count me in westbound...end of June after Telluride Bluegrass & the Panic run @ Red Rocks...got to get my festivating in before hiking!

Trailryder42
04-04-2011, 14:55
I too am contemplating a CT westbound hike, starting July 1st. It will be my first long distance hike if I do nothing before then. Doing it as a shake down for the AT in 2012.

Just trying to figure the logistics of how I want to get to Denver and what I'm going to do about getting home afterwards.

UGASlotMachine
04-05-2011, 00:58
Trail Ryder - once you get to Durango, it's pretty easy to get anywhere. Frontier flies out of Durango and it's not too expensive to get to Denver and then beyond.

A ticket from Durango to Denver only should run about $90.

If you add it to the leg of a flight from Durango to Denver to Texas, it'll probably only add $30-50 to the cost of the ticket if it was just Denver to Texas (if that makes sense).

I believe you can also do greyhound in the summer from Durango to...well...anywhere. I want to say the Durango to Denver bus ride will run you about $60, but you'll have to wait to see if they have that route available this summer.

Hope that helps

-Slot Machine

Highway Man
04-05-2011, 13:01
The greyhound bus leaves for Denver everyday early in the morning. I took it back to Denver last fall. An advanced payment can help knock off at least 50% of the over counter fare. But one's arrival timing has to be calculated, or pays a fee for changing the departing date. I changed it, but didn't pay the fee!

maybe clem
04-05-2011, 13:55
Scratch me off the list for this year, too busy with work (which really isn't a complaint) so I'm setting my sights on 2012.

Tyler
04-06-2011, 00:06
The greyhound bus leaves for Denver everyday early in the morning. I took it back to Denver last fall. An advanced payment can help knock off at least 50% of the over counter fare. But one's arrival timing has to be calculated, or pays a fee for changing the departing date. I changed it, but didn't pay the fee!

I feel like I've been researching transportation logistics nonstop lately. My plan is to fly into Denver. I friend of a friend is helping me out by playing taxi for me to the trailhead. I'm hoping toward the end I will have an pretty good idea on when I'll end so I can get the bus ticket taken care of in advance like you mentioned.

One question to those of you who have used this system and then flew back out of Denver: How did you get back to the airport from the greyhound station? I've noticed a public transportation route that runs out that way...is it pretty straight forward?

Highway Man
04-06-2011, 02:34
I feel like I've been researching transportation logistics nonstop lately. My plan is to fly into Denver. I friend of a friend is helping me out by playing taxi for me to the trailhead. I'm hoping toward the end I will have an pretty good idea on when I'll end so I can get the bus ticket taken care of in advance like you mentioned.

One question to those of you who have used this system and then flew back out of Denver: How did you get back to the airport from the greyhound station? I've noticed a public transportation route that runs out that way...is it pretty straight forward?

I think you need to book the return ticket at least three weeks ahead to have the discount. I bought it at Breckenridge. Even you face the penalty for changing the departing date at Durango, it is still cheaper than a full over-counter bus fare. I'd think it's only a few dollars if I ever paid for that.

The bus leaves the city around 6 AM. Take your time in the town before the Hometown Hostel at far back hill of the city is open at 3 PM. The bus arrives at Denver at evening. It only takes 15 minutes to walk to the Union Station. I don't know how to get to the airport from the city.

Graywolf
04-11-2011, 13:18
If things goes the way it is, I should be on around the end of June. If things change before hand, then it will be another section on the AT. Either way I am hitting the trails this year..

300winmag
04-13-2011, 18:30
Four of us plan to begin July 1st for the southern half. We may not hit the trail until July 3rd to give us time to aclimatize first. (And find the best beer gardens in Durango.:)

Going north means we'll run into a lot more folks B/C most go north to south. See you there?

Eric

Mags
04-13-2011, 20:20

The main RTD station is not far from the Greyhound station.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1055+19th+Street,+Denver,+CO+80202-1807+(Greyhound+Bus+Lines:+Local+Terminal)&daddr=Market+Street+Station,+Denver,+CO&hl=en&geocode=FeiKXgIddfS9-SFor7oWh5aKXynd9AXV23hshzEWMjYoMShrdA%3BFRiMXgIdNN 29-SkdeQrKxHhshzHaBuqdxpvg6g&mra=ltm&dirflg=w&sll=39.748085,-104.994865&sspn=0.007919,0.01929&ie=UTF8&z=17

From there, take the local RTD bus to the airport via one of the many Ax airport bus routes (AF, AB, etc.)
ex:

http://www3.rtd-denver.com/tripplanner/getGoogleTrip.action?origin=landmark&destination=landmark&returnTrip=false&tripPlannerServiceName=&tripPlannerServiceType=CURRENT&tripPlannerSelect=google&pFromIntersection1=&pFromIntersection2=&pFromStreet=&landmarkOriginCategories=10&landmarkOriginLandmarks=Market+Street+Station%4016 98668%2C3141135&pFromWalkingDistance=4&pToIntersection1=&pToIntersection2=&pToStreet=&landmarkDestinCategories=1&landmarkDestinLandmarks=Denver+International+Airpo rt+%28East%29%401735019%2C3232268&pToWalkingDistance=4&pWhen=dep&googleDay=04%2F13%2F2011&pDay=1&hour=6&minute=18&ampm=p&pIncludeDataField=&pExcludeDataField=&pPreference=2

Hope that helps!

Finally, my planning doc may help, too:
http://www.pmags.com/colorado-trail-end-to-end-guide

rastayogi
04-18-2011, 18:52
I just recently moved out here to Colorado from Wisconin and my girl friend and I have a few days off coming up. I heard I can hike the western part of the State right now. Anywhere on the CT that is good for hiking/camping without snow gear?

mcskinney
04-18-2011, 21:57
I just recently moved out here to Colorado from Wisconin and my girl friend and I have a few days off coming up. I heard I can hike the western part of the State right now. Anywhere on the CT that is good for hiking/camping without snow gear?

Perhaps the Lost Creek Wilderness would fit the bill for you. There are a few loop hikes near the CT there.

Nice thread jack!

palumbo
04-29-2011, 00:12
I'm already gearing up and doing some overnighters in the foothills west of Denver (section 1 mostly so far) and I'm stoked. :banana

I'm logging my exploits with gear and lessons learned at http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=12190

toothpick09
05-09-2011, 09:30
Hopefully shooting for Aug. 1st from Denver.
-Toothpick

Cookerhiker
05-09-2011, 09:56
I hesitate to bring this up and jinx the hike, but hiking the CT has moved from thinking about it to tentatively planning to early-stage planning. Northern Harrier and I are hoping to start July 23 from the Indian Creek trailhead to deal with the Waterton Canyon closure. I've got an old friend - my first hiking partner from the 70s - who lives in Evergreen and will shuttle us to the trailhead as well as store my car.

I've never done a single hike of this length before so we'll see what happens.

Tyler
05-14-2011, 10:29
Just booked my flight.

Officially starting July 31!

dogdrtobe
05-15-2011, 16:04
New to the forum, but figured I'd make my first post here.

I'll be starting either June 22nd or June 23rd, westbound from Denver (or southwest bound?). I'm going to leave my car in Durango, and I just bought a flight from Durango to Denver...it was only $20 more expensive than greyhound (thanks to expedia.com Bargain Fares) and will take 1 hour to fly instead of a 14-hour overnight bus trip (the only bus from Durango to Denver in late June leaves daily at 8 pm, arrives in Denver at 6 am). Just thought I'd mention in case any of you are trying to figure that out. Probably won't work if you're going back to Denver at the end of the trail as you won't know when you'll finish.

I'm going with another guy I met on another forum (thecoloradotrail.com), we're both in our early 20s. We're planning on the Hope Pass alternate route, and hoping to bag some 14ers. My guess is that we're gonna be much earlier than the rest of you...

palumbo
05-18-2011, 00:42
My guess is that we're gonna be much earlier than the rest of you...

My guess is that you are going to be postholing past your knees with the big snowpack and the crazy weather we've been having.

dogdrtobe
05-18-2011, 20:51
My guess is that you are going to be postholing past your knees with the big snowpack and the crazy weather we've been having.

Everything I've read says that mid-late June is an acceptable time to start...I mean, I know weather can do anything, and I'm definitely anticipating finding some snow, but you're the first to say that we'll be post-holing to our thighs.

Someone else on another forum just said that he's also planning to start on June 23rd, and I've seen a couple other people say they're aiming to start at the end of June. So either we're all idiots, or you just felt the need to leave an obnoxious comment. Personally, I can't push back my starting date more than a couple days, because I'm starting grad school in August, so I'm just going to have to hope for the best.

Mags
05-19-2011, 00:34
I think what Palumbo is alluding to is the snowpack levels in NoColorado are quite high this year. Depending upon your pace, even a later June start may put you in snow in the higher country (starts around Copper Mtn/Georgia Pass IMO) this coming season.

All depends of course on what happens in June. Could be a big melt off. As I type, it is raining hard at 5400'. It is snowing just above me in the foothills (according to this website http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=COZ035)

Mid to Late June is usually a good start. I'd put the emphasis on late June this year. :)

This site may help, too:
http://www.coloradotrail.org/snowandweather.html

Good luck and Happy Trails!

palumbo
05-20-2011, 09:02
I think what Palumbo is alluding to is the snowpack levels in NoColorado are quite high this year. Depending upon your pace, even a later June start may put you in snow in the higher country (starts around Copper Mtn/Georgia Pass IMO) this coming season.

All depends of course on what happens in June. Could be a big melt off. As I type, it is raining hard at 5400'. It is snowing just above me in the foothills (according to this website http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=COZ035)

Mid to Late June is usually a good start. I'd put the emphasis on late June this year. :)

This site may help, too:

Good luck and Happy Trails!

I couldn't have said it better myself. The snow report at the CT site is great.

appalachianjosh
05-22-2011, 04:16
I'm going with another guy I met on another forum (thecoloradotrail.com), we're both in our early 20s. We're planning on the Hope Pass alternate route, and hoping to bag some 14ers. My guess is that we're gonna be much earlier than the rest of you...

I'm in the same boat as you are bud; this is the only chance I have to hike the trail for at least a year. Hopefully most of the snow melts, but if not, it ain't gonna stop me, it'll just make me more determined.

mcskinney
05-22-2011, 17:45
I'm in the same boat as you are bud; this is the only chance I have to hike the trail for at least a year. Hopefully most of the snow melts, but if not, it ain't gonna stop me, it'll just make me more determined.

You guys know its been snowing up there all week right? Aspen mountain just reopened it snowed so much. If you guys are really leaving early to mid june bring snowshoes and a GPS.

bearcreek
05-22-2011, 19:50
it ain't gonna stop me, it'll just make me more determined

Hmm...

Here is a link from the CTF website to some Snotel stations along the way. These are remotely operated devices that constantly monitor snow depths.

Some snow depths today (5/22) :
Seg 6 51"
Seg 8 83"
Seg 24 52" (this station is actually 1100' lower than the trail)

You better have some gear and know how to use it.

There are likely to be serious cornices on the high ridges that you will have to climb over or cut through. The 10 mile range (Seg. 7) usually holds a cornice until late June and it will probably have a particularly large one this year.

In many places the trail is constructed along steep side slopes. (Seg. 8 is a good example) When it is cool in early morning the snow will be almost like ice and it is a long steep ride down to the rocks below You should have a ice axe and crampons. If you do slip you will need to know how to self arrest with the ice axe. Not being able to do this could be fatal in some circumstances. When it warms up it will be much easier in terms of how slippery it is but you will posthole up to your thighs.

The CT is marked for summer travel, so you will also need to navigate with gps and maps a lot since you won't have a clue where the trail actually is.

What I am saying is that it's not ready yet. You need to plan accordingly...

appalachianjosh
05-22-2011, 21:52
=( Here's praying for a massive heat wave that magically melts all of the snow!

Northern Harrier
05-30-2011, 18:20
Any consideration I should make on account of the estimated 250% of normal snow they have had in places on the CT like Breckinridge (open for skiing this weekend apparently?)

echoes
06-11-2011, 18:18
I might be out there again this year, west/southbound starting late June/early July.
Got my flight booked. Starting at Indian Creek on June 30th. Hope to see some of you guys on the trail!

Dogwood
06-11-2011, 18:37
I'll be on the CT going WEBO starting sometime around mid July. Going through Roxborough SP. See ya out there.

Trailryder42
06-16-2011, 20:10
I've pushed mine back to a July 18th start, out of Roxborough.

Cookerhiker
06-16-2011, 20:45
Pushed my start by one day - starting via Indian Creek Trail on Sunday, July 24.

Tyler
06-18-2011, 10:48
Looks like a lot of us are starting late July. Hope to see some of you on the trail!

toothpick09
06-19-2011, 21:04
Westbound

August 1st roughly

solo hike thru-hiked A.T in 09, leaving from Portland,OR

Cookerhiker
08-01-2011, 23:09
Checkin' in - made it to Copper Mountain today- about 115 miles in the books. Started July 24. Staying tonight in Breckenridge. Tomorrow we bus to Copper and start hiking to Leadville.

HiKen2011
08-01-2011, 23:30
Checkin' in - made it to Copper Mountain today- about 115 miles in the books. Started July 24. Staying tonight in Breckenridge. Tomorrow we bus to Copper and start hiking to Leadville.

Congrats! Be safe and have fun.

Mags
08-02-2011, 00:50

Awesome!

Keep on truckin' :)

Blissful
08-02-2011, 15:26
Thanks for checking in. Wondering what was happening out there.

Cookerhiker
08-04-2011, 17:47
In Leadville tonight, currently at 140 miles. I guess we're sufficiently acclimated, at least to the 12K foot level which we've reached a few times already. We've met a ton of mountain bikers, 2 NOBO thrus but not a single fellow SOBO thruhiker yet. Wildflowers are incredible! Mosquitos are making their presence known, even at 11K'.

Cookerhiker
08-12-2011, 19:55
Just reached Salida today - 248 miles and halfway done. My boots fell apart and were replaced by a pair of trail runners procured here in town.

Just booked my flight.

Officially starting July 31!

Tyler started one week after me and caught up today. We had a real nice talk by a creek and then he's off on his planned 26 mile day, not stopping in Salida.

Highway Man
08-13-2011, 10:54
Just reached Salida today - 248 miles and halfway done. My boots fell apart and were replaced by a pair of trail runners procured here in town.

Tyler started one week after me and caught up today. We had a real nice talk by a creek and then he's off on his planned 26 mile day, not stopping in Salida.

Very nice, you're half way over! The southern section out of Salida is one of my best with good views for a couple of hours. Enjoy it.

Papa D
08-13-2011, 18:54
Ok - I've got 30 days in July, 2011 - I've completed an AT thru hike (long ago) and did the Long Trail which was 273 miles in 22 days at a casual pace. 4 weeks ago, I did 200 miles on the AT in 12 days - Elk Park, NC to Bland, Va. I averaged about 18 mpd - took a full zero day too. I'm wondering if I can do the whole CT in 30 days - if so, I'm in. My typical AT section day is about 15-17 miles - I'll need to step it up a little, I suppose. FYI, I have done 40 mile plus days so, I'm not just being stupid here but I do suppose that I'll need to do 25 days at 20 miles or so - does anyone think that this is unreasonable for me?

Highway Man
08-14-2011, 17:22
I think you can do it easily within 30 days. I had 30 days of a CT thru hike last year, including 4 zeros, and some serious AMS.

Cookerhiker
08-24-2011, 20:41
Currently in Silverton. Zero tomorrow. 5 more hiking days to Durango!

Just trying to see how many WB'ers are planning on attempting the CT this year.

I am.

Direction: Westbound
Start Date: July 1st
Hope Pass Alt: Yes

Saw your entry in the register at the Yurt in Segment 22 when I stayed there 3 nights ago.

On Track
08-25-2011, 10:23
CookerHiker, how's your new trail-runners relative to your old boots?

Cookerhiker
08-25-2011, 18:51
CookerHiker, how's your new trail-runners relative to your old boots?

Great - should have gotten them years ago. I appreciate the lighter weight. Sent my camp shoes home.

Tyler
08-26-2011, 16:19
I just finished today! 27 days with 2 full zeros and 2 half days. What a spectacular trail, I loved every minute of it!

I thought the trail was EXTREMELY well marked and taken care of. I carried maps but never really used them, I found the data book and the blazing to be more then enough.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cookerhiker a few weeks back and ran into about 14 other thru hikers on my journey.

If you're thinking about doing the CT...Go for it!!!

Blister free the whole hike...which is a major change for me :)

Cookerhiker
09-01-2011, 00:18
Pulled into the Durango trailhead yesterday afternoon. Done!

On Track
09-01-2011, 08:35
CookerHiker, Congratulations on completing The Colorado Trail. Excellent.

Shirl
09-05-2011, 13:09
Congratulations to all the 2011 hikers that completed the Colorado Trail and good luck to the ones still hiking. I started on July 2nd and completed on August 12th. What a beautiful journey! Bama

On Track
09-05-2011, 13:11
Yes, congratulations all you Colorado Trail completers. You gonna email the CTF for your completion cert...? [email protected]

Chaco Taco
09-05-2011, 16:11
So my wife and I want to ask you guys finishing up, given about 5-6 days to hike, what would you do on the CT? We are trying to figure out our summer trip next year and want to ask you all. We have a guide book for the CT so fire away.

Cookerhiker
09-05-2011, 19:59
So my wife and I want to ask you guys finishing up, given about 5-6 days to hike, what would you do on the CT? We are trying to figure out our summer trip next year and want to ask you all. We have a guide book for the CT so fire away.

Chaco, 2 suggestions for you. Both of these assume you'd like to hike above treeline in the alpine areas. Of course you also have to make sure you're acclimated up to 12K'.

Segments 6, 7, and 8; Kenosha Pass on Rt. 285 to Tennessee Pass on Rt. 24. About 70 miles. Seg 6: hike over Georgia Pass. Seg. 7: hike over 10 Mile Ridge. Seg. 8 - Hike to Searle Pass, Elk Ridge, and Kokomo Pass. By ending at Tennessee Pass, you're close to Leadville and can spend your last night in the really cool hostel. And if you're staying at the hostel, the owner "Wild Bill" will shuttle. Only down side is crossing Rt. 9 near Breckinridge (traffic) and the eyesore of Copper Mountain resort. But the mountain scenery is worth it.
Segments 25-28; Silverton to Durango, about 75 miles. Lots of above treeline here also, especially Indian Ridge. If you're concerned about acclimation, you could hike it northbound starting in Durango (<7K') so it will take 20 miles to reach 11K'.
You'll love the trail and since you guys are in good shape, it'll be a great experience. Good luck!

Chaco Taco
09-07-2011, 07:19
We had looked at the Kenosha Pass to Tennessee pass. The Leadville Hostel looks so cool. Thanks for the info. Are you going to The Gathering? Would love to talk more about your trip.

Cookerhiker
09-07-2011, 08:10
We had looked at the Kenosha Pass to Tennessee pass. The Leadville Hostel looks so cool. Thanks for the info. Are you going to The Gathering? Would love to talk more about your trip.

Not going to this year's Gathering - too many other things and I'm leaving tomorrow for MN where we're hiking the Superior Trail.

Chaco Taco
09-07-2011, 09:57
Not going to this year's Gathering - too many other things and I'm leaving tomorrow for MN where we're hiking the Superior Trail.

FINE THEN, have fun:sun

Cookerhiker
10-21-2011, 11:17
Finally completed and posted the journal of my thruhike:

http://www.trailjournals.com/cookerhikerCT11

If the narrative's too boring, at least there's lots of good photos:D

Cookerhiker
10-10-2012, 15:08
For those attending the 2012 ALDHA Gathering, I'm doing a presentation & slideshow of my 2011 CT hike.

StubbleJumper
10-10-2012, 18:14
For those attending the 2012 ALDHA Gathering, I'm doing a presentation & slideshow of my 2011 CT hike.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone how beautiful it is. We don't want the CT to be overwhelmed with hordes of end-to-enders!