PDA

View Full Version : PA Hiking Photography Request

tdilf
01-14-2011, 16:50
I am working on a project with the folks at the Schuylkill River Heritage Center in Pottstown, PA on an interpretive center. One of the things they are promoting at the center is the recreational opportunities in the area. Hiking is an activity that they want to highlight so I am making a call out to the White Blaze community for photos. Do you have any good hiking photos taken in the Port Clinton, PA area? Other areas of interest could be hiking at Hawk Mountain or at the Pinnacle. The selected one or two photos would go into a permanent installation at the center in Pottstown with a caption/credit to the photographer. You can PM me or just repIy below if you have something to share. In the end, I would need a digital file that is good enough to reproduce at least up to 11" x 17" maybe as large as 3x4 feet.

Thanks in advance.
tdilf

Strategic
01-16-2011, 16:26
Hi tdilf,

I have several 10MP images I shot on my section hike between PA183 and US309 in August of 2009. Here's a link to one of my Photobucket pages (http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/stwriley/Trail%20Photos/) with several shots I think might be good for your purposes. All of these are at a full 10MP, so their maximum print size should be about 50" x 38". They'll look pretty good at 11" x 17".

Hope this helps.

Strategic

tdilf
01-16-2011, 22:56
Thanks for the link Strategic. I may be able to use one of those - but I am really looking for a person in the shot in the act of hiking.

nox
01-16-2011, 23:36
I have a few thousand pics to go through that I haven't organized yet, but i should have a bunch from the port clinton/ pinnacle area. Do you want action photos or just pictures with people on the trail?

tdilf
01-17-2011, 08:57
Hey Nox - the ideal photo would have someone looking over a vista, hiking in the woods, standing next to a white blaze etc - doesn't have to be an action shot (when looking at this photo, the viewer should know it is a hiking photo. A bonus would be that you could also tell that it was taken in Port Clinton, the Pinnacle or Hawk Mt area from the surroundings in the photo.

fiddlehead
01-17-2011, 09:14
Here's one I took on the AT at Bake Oven Knob back in 2001http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/fiddleheadpa/DCP02577.jpg

Back then, I only had a 2 megapixel camera so, maybe it's not good enough (or close enough to Port Clinton) though.

hal0ofwint3r
01-17-2011, 22:43
i have some hawk mountain pictures, and some around port clinton. i have more photos that aren't in my gallery. would bear rocks or between 501 and 183 count? do they have to be a picture of someone against a lookout or hiking on the trail? check out my gallery. let me know if you want to use any of them.

Wise Old Owl
01-17-2011, 23:14
i have some hawk mountain pictures, and some around port clinton. i have more photos that aren't in my gallery. would bear rocks or between 501 and 183 count? do they have to be a picture of someone against a lookout or hiking on the trail? check out my gallery. let me know if you want to use any of them.

You and me both.... I am on the fence.

tdilf
01-20-2011, 14:27
Hey guys - I don't think a 2 megapixel image will be large enough. As far as the photograph itself see attached pics for an example of what I am looking for.

jfarrell04
01-20-2011, 15:29
Here are some photos from a Fall 2008 section hike of the Port Clinton area