PDA

View Full Version : How to pack Zlite???????

Renaissance
01-14-2011, 17:13
Just traded my Thermarest Prolite long in for a Zlite.I love the prolite, but the just the thought of having to roll that thing up for 5 months straight started to drive me crazy...plus it weighs 19oz more than the Z. Just trying to figure out how to get that thing in/on my Gregory z55...any ideas?

WhoDey
01-14-2011, 17:32
When using a pack with a lid, I usually pack it horizontal between the pack and the floating lid. If you don't like this underneath the pack is always a good area

Helios
01-14-2011, 17:52
I strap mine to the bottom of my pack. Helps keep the pack stable and upright when I set it down. Comes in handy while packing up in the morning.

Renaissance
01-14-2011, 20:05
It seems like the straps are just barely long enough to get it on the bottom,and you have to completely undo them...its kind of a hassle....thats why I was thinking about strapping it across the front like in the pic

Praha4
01-14-2011, 21:55
the bottom straps on my Z55 are plenty long enough to attach a ZLite. The other option is place it just under the floating lid

Rough
01-15-2011, 18:53
My Six Moon Designs Starlite backpack has an external pad pocket that holds my thermarest zlite 3/4 pad -- provides back padding and a "frame" for the pack while hiking. Two zippers and my pad is put away for the day's hiking!

Joker4ink
01-15-2011, 19:16
I always keep mine between the body of my pack and the top lid. Its behind my head so I always know where it is if I am going in between rocks or whatnot. I do not like it hanging at the bottom of my pack because it can get damaged when I put my pack down of if I need to slide down on my butt.

Sarcasm the elf
01-15-2011, 19:27
Unless they have changed the length of the bottom straps on the z55 in the last couple of years, you should be able to get the z rest into the traps on the bottom without a problem. It's easier if you just strap the pad in place first, before the pack is loaded.

Regarding the pro-lite, it can be folded up accordion style (like z-rest) and stored on the inside of your pack if you have the room. This is often easier than rolling it up.

downs117
03-13-2011, 00:04
I tie mine vertically to the side of my pack, just shake the water off it if it rains

Penguin
03-13-2011, 00:14
Throw the lid to the Z55 away, then you still have a strap that compresses the pack I believe, lay the pad horizontal on top of the pack and use that top compression strap to hold it. Thats how I always held my pad.

Stearman
03-15-2011, 07:16
It seems like the straps are just barely long enough to get it on the bottom,and you have to completely undo them...its kind of a hassle....thats why I was thinking about strapping it across the front like in the pic

That's what I do.

mbeattie
03-16-2011, 23:48
Unless they have changed the length of the bottom straps on the z55 in the last couple of years, you should be able to get the z rest into the traps on the bottom without a problem. It's easier if you just strap the pad in place first, before the pack is loaded.

I guess they changed it then. I got a regular z-lite on the bottom of my gregory z55 once and only just barely by smashing it down hard and using the tab on the side of the strap to keep it secure (I couldn't thread it back like you normally do with those buckles) I put it under the lid now. I guess if I cut off like 2 panels it might fit there... I am not sure.