PDA

View Full Version : PCT Bear Canister Loan Program - Request for Donations

enyapjr
01-14-2011, 17:50
The PCT Perpetual Bear Canister Loan Program provides canisters to nobo PCT thrus on a
tight budget or having limited finances, or coming from outside the USA or from an area
in which they won't have ANY use whatsoever for a bear canister after their PCT trek -
for 'free' except for return shipping costs...
The program was started in 2007 with 13 bear canisters and has grown to over 30, but the
annual quantity of PCT thru-hikers has also grown...
Looking to increase the program's bear canister inventory for the 2011 season and beyond...
More bear canister donations would be greatly appreciated for & by future PCT thrus...

Mike Brand of Moontrail, <http://www.moontrail.com/>, who has supported the loan program
since its start in 2007, is once again generously offering discount pricing for canister
donations sent directly to the bear canister loan program - a new BearVault BV500 for $50...
Sorry, but this pricing is only for donations for the loan program, not personal purchases.
If you would like to donate a new BV500 to the loan program, please contact me off-list
(subject: PCT Bear Can donation) for ordering instructions (will ask that individual orders
be placed the first two weeks of March).

- or -

Do you have a seldom used bear canister gathering dust in your basement/garage/closet that
could be put to better use every season to be loaned out to a nobo PCT thru-hiker?
If you would like to consider donating a used bear canister to the program, please contact me
off-list (subject: PCT Bear Can donation) for the shipping address...

If needed, I will explain the 'program' further and answer most questions if requested...

Thank you!! Happy hiking and...

Happy trails!!!

email: "enyapjr at comcast dot net"