PDA

View Full Version : foot bruise

wrongway_08
01-16-2011, 15:43
I get the same bruise, at the same spot, on the top of my foot.

- Happens when I am hiking, bowling or mtn biking. I could just step wrong or step on a rock at a weird angle or pedal hard going up hill on the bike.
- Might happen 1 or up to 4 times a month.
- same spot, on top of foot, around the little piggy and next toe over. Generally the bruise will spread about 1.5 inch back and about 1 inch wide from between the toes.
- Makes it sore to step down on the foot - even with the bruise not going to the bottom of the foot.
- Takes usually a full week to go away. Gets really dark, then just goes clean away.
- I don't have any health issues at all, no blood work issues either. Just the weird bruise.

Not really worried about it, just woundering if anyone elses has ever had this. Can't find anything on the net with the same stuff as me.

Fog Horn
01-16-2011, 16:08
Have you tried different socks? Some boots make my big toenail black. Doesn't hurt at all, just looks like its bruised, then gets thick, then gradually grows out and leaves me alone. Nail salon girls cringe at it, haha.

Maybe more padding on the top of your feet from more cushioning socks would work? Or a more flexible upper part of your shoe?

wrongway_08
01-16-2011, 16:32
Shoes/socks don't make a difference and it only started about a year or two ago. I have not changed anything within that time, or for the last 6 years.

My bike shoes are really stiff, no flex at all. The hiking shoes are flexable.

Not sure what to make of it.

Luddite
01-16-2011, 16:45
Maybe its a stress fracture? You should get it X-rayed.

wrongway_08
01-16-2011, 16:54
Maybe .... give it another year, if it don't go away by then - maybe :)

Fog Horn
01-16-2011, 17:02
Maybe .... give it another year, if it don't go away by then - maybe :)

I had a stress fracture in my ankle and didn't get it checked out. Continued running on it four to five miles a day, four days a week for another two months. When it hurt badly, I just took motrin.

This led to the muscles becoming injured trying to support it, and then the muscles of my other ankle becoming injured trying to baby the other foot. This led to peroneal tendinitis in both ankles.

Now I'm stuck doing weird stretches every day for the rest of my life to ward off bouts of tendinitis.

Oddly enough, even after I should have learned my lesson with this, I still wait until I absolutely have to see a doc, to go see a doc. LOL

wrongway_08
01-16-2011, 17:04
Yea, its one of those "man laws" :D

johnnybgood
01-16-2011, 17:12
Sounds like a prior injury that occurred which may have caused a stress fracture or damage to the capillaries . Try asking this question to an on-line podiatrist at a fraction of the cost of an x-ray. www.wrongDiagnosis.com (http://www.wrongDiagnosis.com)

Fog Horn
01-16-2011, 17:38
Yea, its one of those "man laws" :D

LOL the military breeds it into us females as well. Its tough living in a mans world :D

Marta
01-17-2011, 08:33
I get a similar bruise on my foot from time to time. I also have nerve damage in that area (Morton's Neuroma). I assume the two things are related.

Do you sometimes get numbness in one or two toes?

Spogatz
01-18-2011, 00:55
Both my feet hurt very bad every time I touched them after hiking but then I found out I had a broken finger.

Tinker
01-18-2011, 00:56
Maybe its a stress fracture? You should get it X-rayed.

Quite likely. Get it done YESTERDAY! :)