PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot??

jeremesh
01-17-2011, 17:33
Ok, so how many of us that spend a lot time in the wilds think they have actually encountered bigfoot?

Gray Blazer
01-17-2011, 17:55
I believe. My two sons saw one and I saw footprints. I am no longer a skeptic. Call me a nutbag, but, I know what I saw. This was in FL at Buck Lake (where the hammock Hangers are having a get-together) and Etoniah Creek State Forest.

swjohnsey
01-17-2011, 18:02
I heard a wooly booger once out on patrol along the Mexican border in West Texas. Sounded like a Tasmanian Devil . . . only bigger.

LoneRidgeRunner
01-17-2011, 18:04
Once I had one try to steal my boots but his feet were too big so he left em...lol..

Luddite
01-17-2011, 18:11
I have never encountered Bigfoot or any of his cousins.

I just don't understand how an animal like that could only be seen by a handful of people, none of which are very credible individuals. Like the guy down in the Everglades who has a Skunk Ape research Center.

chili36
01-17-2011, 19:10
Having grown up in the Lower Alabama, I have to believe if there were any "bigfoots", some bubba would have bagged and tagged one by now.

sheepdog
01-17-2011, 19:15
saw one bigfoot, two skunk apes, five dogmen, a couple sasquatches all together at the ayce buffet in gattlinburg.

jeremesh
01-17-2011, 19:18
I have never encountered Bigfoot or any of his cousins.

I just don't understand how an animal like that could only be seen by a handful of people, none of which are very credible individuals. Like the guy down in the Everglades who has a Skunk Ape research Center.

Ever seen a baby pigeon?

Luddite
01-17-2011, 19:27
Ever seen a baby pigeon?

yes...I have

Roland
01-17-2011, 19:33
Ok, so how many of us that spend a lot time in the wilds think they have actually encountered bigfoot?

Sure, they're out there. But I'm not concerned at all. They only eat people from Laurel Maryland.

Have a nice hike. ;)

jeremesh
01-17-2011, 19:40
Sure, they're out there. But I'm not concerned at all. They only eat people from Laurel Maryland.

Have a nice hike. ;)

Guess I have to take one for the team

jeremesh
01-17-2011, 19:41
saw one bigfoot, two skunk apes, five dogmen, a couple sasquatches all together at the ayce buffet in gattlinburg.

that must be one heck of a buffet :-)

Pedaling Fool
01-17-2011, 19:42
One of those issues that nothing new ever gets introduced, sort of like them threads about "What constitutes a Thru-hiker":sun

But, what's interesting is that this thing, imaginary or real, is sighted just as much in Canada, Russia, China and the Himilayas. Interesting enough is that there is practically no sightings in Europe. And not only sightings, but many footprints, that's a lot of "faking".

http://www.bfro.net/news/china_bigfoot_2010.asp

I personally think there's something to all these sightings, but then again I'm probably not a very intelligent guy, so I've been told.:sun

Luddite
01-17-2011, 19:48
How come there hasn't been one decent picture take of these things?

Theres even a mermaid sighting video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt_qPazwnHM

Luddite
01-17-2011, 19:54
Now i know why I haven't seen a Bigfoot...I'm living in a red state. http://www.ufovideo.net/BIGFOOTxSASQUATCHxCOLLAGE5xMapxlarge.jpg

bulldog49
01-17-2011, 20:19
Neither a corpse or skeleton has ever been found. More likely that Elvis is still alive. Nuff said. :rolleyes:

bus
01-17-2011, 20:42
http://www.brownbusproductions.com/video/skunk.htm

skunk ape...

Awol1970
01-17-2011, 20:48
Having grown up in the Lower Alabama, I have to believe if there were any "bigfoots", some bubba would have bagged and tagged one by now.

This is the best evidence so far. Many people don't understand the power and skill of bubba. If it exists a redneck would have shot it.

sheepdog
01-17-2011, 20:50
This is the best evidence so far. Many people don't understand the power and skill of bubba. If it exists a redneck would have shot it.
skinned it an sold the pelt :D

Luddite
01-17-2011, 20:56

Do you remember this? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26222822/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Ashevillian
01-17-2011, 21:08
What about Chupacabras? I heard they are all over the AT LOL.

Pedaling Fool
01-17-2011, 21:14
Do you remember this? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26222822/ns/technology_and_science-science/
Never even got the hopes up of the serious guys like at BFRO.NET or DR. Jeff Meldrum.

There are idiots, much like these pranksters, all over the world, what can you do...

from your link:

"They're not winning over any skeptics, though.

"What I've seen so far is not compelling in the least, and I think the pictures cast grave doubts on their claim," Jeffrey Meldrum, a Bigfoot researcher and Idaho State University professor, told the Scientific American. "It just looks like a costume with some fake guts thrown on top for effect."

Gray Blazer
01-17-2011, 21:24
What about Chupacabras? I heard they are all over the AT LOL.

Poopacabras maybe.

Bucherm
01-18-2011, 02:33
Poopacabras maybe.

This seems more likely.

Not sure what point Jeremesh was tyring to make with the "Baby Pigeon" comment, even if no one had seen Baby Pigeons, we all know that pigeons exist because the feathered rats are all over the damned placed in a wide spectrum of enviroments. Meanwhile no physical evidence of Bigfoot sasquatch has been recovered, and damned little in the way of photographic/video evidence, despite a dramatic increase in the amount of imaging equipment used throughout the general populace in the past few decades.

The best "evidence" out there for Bigfoot are footprints and a film clip that is incredibly janky and is very likely a hoax. There's plenty of odd and interesting things in the woods without fabricating a primate.

Torch09
01-18-2011, 02:46
How often do you see mountain lions? We know they exist but we rarely see them, maybe bigfoot is smarter.

Bucherm
01-18-2011, 02:59
How often do you see mountain lions? We know they exist but we rarely see them, maybe bigfoot is smarter.

Mountain Lions are spotted all the time. It's a big problem out West. All wandering into suburban neighborhoods and playing in sprinklers.

And of course, once again, there is ample physical evidence of the existence of Mountain Lions and zero, zilch, nada, zippo, of Bigfoot. Of a large Mammal that would be one of the top 3 biggest mammals in north America. Thousands of years of Human Habitation of North America we don't even have a pelt.

I'd buy that ONE individual could be impossible to find, but you're talking about an entire breeding population of large mammal. Where are they?

Torch09
01-18-2011, 05:55
Well, I've never seen a mountain lion. I guess that means they don't really exist. Sure, you hear stories about them, but those are all from drunk rednecks who just saw a big dog or something.

Roland
01-18-2011, 05:56
Well, I've never seen a mountain lion. I guess that means they don't really exist. Sure, you hear stories about them, but those are all from drunk rednecks who just saw a big dog or something.

Haven't had your morning coffee, yet?

Torch09
01-18-2011, 06:04
Haven't had your morning coffee, yet?

nah, man. It's bedtime for me ;)

Bucherm
01-18-2011, 06:46

If you're making an extraordinary claim(there is a large mammal not known to science in North America) the onus is on you to provide evidence. There is no physical evidence, anywhere, for Bigfoot to exist.

Whereas I can, oh, I don't know, go to the zoo (http://www.fortworthzoo.org/visit/texaswild.html) to see a mountain lion in person, you're making the insane "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" argument in regards to something that should be larger than the vast majority of fauna in North America. Where is it? If it was considered feasible for a large population of unknown big mammals to exist without any physical evidence gathered thus far, why aren't field biologists by the hundreds tripping all over themselves in the Pacific Northwest in order to make names for themselves? I mean, who gives a rats behind about a new species of salamander that is isolated to one slope of a mountain when Bigfoot is out there?

jeremesh
01-18-2011, 07:54
This seems more likely.

Not sure what point Jeremesh was tyring to make with the "Baby Pigeon" comment, even if no one had seen Baby Pigeons, we all know that pigeons exist because the feathered rats are all over the damned placed in a wide spectrum of enviroments.

The point was that just because something isn't seen doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I used baby pigeons because we all know they exist but how many of us have ever seen one? Luddite has... I have because I used to raise them. They grow to full size so quickly that by the time they leave the nest, they don't look like baby pigeons.

Now for bigfoot... I have never seen one nor even a shadow that may have been one. I started this thread for the entertainment value but I do know people that believe 200% that bigfoot is real and will be proven some day.

Do I think it's out there? I don't know. Like Chili said, I find it hard to believe that if they are out there, some redneck hasn't shot and mounted one yet. BUT, I am open to the possibility. There are just way too many sightings in way too many places, including places that don't get bombarded with TV shows about him. Way too many indigenous cultures that have stories of bigfoot for it to be completely nothing.

We will probably never know... but its still fun to talk about.:D

Gray Blazer
01-18-2011, 07:57
My son saw BF and I saw his footprints. Our "theory" is that BF evolved along side of man and as man developed into a better hunter, BF developed into something that could hide all proof of it's existence so it would not be hunted down. But what do I know. I'm just a moron.

10-K
01-18-2011, 08:37
Interesting enough is that there is practically no sightings in Europe. And not only sightings, but many footprints, that's a lot of "faking".

The reason there are no sightings in Europe is because of GW... They haven't been able to adapt to the rise in average temps.

(The first one who ever completes a REAL thru hike gets two patches, a badge, a certificate and a spot in the hall of fame and a picture in the museum.)

Old Hiker
01-18-2011, 08:54

Well. :-?

THAT explains why Santa hasn't been to my house in the last few years. And I thought it was 'cause I'd been too naughty to get the usual coal. :eek:

Mosey
01-18-2011, 08:54
My son saw BF and I saw his footprints. Our "theory" is that BF evolved along side of man and as man developed into a better hunter, BF developed into something that could hide all proof of it's existence so it would not be hunted down. But what do I know. I'm just a moron.

.....ie, excellent skills at 'Leaving No Trace!' :)

moytoy
01-18-2011, 09:02
I thought big foot was a generic term used for a hiker who has sprained his ankle. And now I find out there are even more things in the woods besides lions and tigers and bears to be skeered of.

Gray Blazer
01-18-2011, 09:02
The reason there are no sightings in Europe is because of GW... They haven't been able to adapt to the rise in average temps

They have assimilated into european society.

jeremesh
01-18-2011, 09:12

hairy armpits are more accepted there.

birdog
01-18-2011, 09:16
I'll believe in the Tooth Fairy if you fund my year long expedition to Yosemite to verify the existance of Bigfoot. I figure about $200,000 ought to do it.

Pedaling Fool
01-18-2011, 09:19
Those are french women that don't shave:D

jeremesh
01-18-2011, 09:28
Those are french women that don't shave:D
why are french women with unshaved pits running around the woods of the US.

Spogatz
01-18-2011, 14:12
You have a better chance of being eaten by a chipmunk than seeing a big foot.

Gray Blazer
01-18-2011, 15:10
why are french women with unshaved pits running around the woods of the US.

There are (according to some reports on BFRO) some female Big Feet.

mweinstone
01-18-2011, 17:37
whats a bigfoot contactee called? an aperehendee?

Pedaling Fool
01-18-2011, 17:38
whats a bigfoot contactee called? an aperehendee?
Don't waste your 6,000th post; it only happens once in your life:)

Luddite
01-18-2011, 17:47
Anybody ever see that movie The Man From Earth?

mweinstone
01-18-2011, 17:48
bigfoot exists.they can outrun a dear and kill a bear. they can read thaughts up to several hundred miles away. they sneek on ships and cross oceans and they burry their dead. they can run flat out thru heavy forrest without a sound or they can make the sound of a heard of wild animals. they have no words but scream and cry. they never kill each other or man . there are over 100,000 of them worldwide.they are not wild men. they do not have souls. and they are not anything more or less than the most sucessfull creatures on earth.they have no enemys and do not know fear.to them, we are gypsy moths. destroying and unstoppable. they have seen man come and go thru the ages and will outlast and inherit the future. they will one day live with humans of a different kind.

mweinstone
01-18-2011, 17:51
some of us will be choosen to mate with bigfoots. lmao.

Pedaling Fool
01-18-2011, 17:52
A 6,000th post is a terrible thing to waste.

wvgrinder
01-18-2011, 19:02
Does anyone remember the sighting in Central Park back in '91?

Pioneer Spirit
01-18-2011, 19:25
of course bigfoot exists, he is so common here in Ohio that no one ever pays him any attention. He even joins in with 5000 other people for the annual Hocking hills winter hike.

Awol1970
01-18-2011, 19:36
A 6,000th post is a terrible thing to waste.
Agreed.:cool:

Roland
01-18-2011, 19:42
hairy armpits are more accepted there.

Now that was funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

Bucherm
01-18-2011, 21:33
The point was that just because something isn't seen doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I used baby pigeons because we all know they exist but how many of us have ever seen one? Luddite has... I have because I used to raise them. They grow to full size so quickly that by the time they leave the nest, they don't look like baby pigeons.

Now for bigfoot... I have never seen one nor even a shadow that may have been one. I started this thread for the entertainment value but I do know people that believe 200% that bigfoot is real and will be proven some day.

Do I think it's out there? I don't know. Like Chili said, I find it hard to believe that if they are out there, some redneck hasn't shot and mounted one yet. BUT, I am open to the possibility. There are just way too many sightings in way too many places, including places that don't get bombarded with TV shows about him. Way too many indigenous cultures that have stories of bigfoot for it to be completely nothing.

We will probably never know... but its still fun to talk about.:D

But the point is that those pigeons are a measurable phenomena. Even if, somehow, no one ever found baby pigeons it wouldn't disprove their existence because we see mature pigeons all over the place.

(although I submit that if no one had ever seen a baby pigeon it would present a bigger conundrum than Bigfoot)

Bigfoot meanwhile has no physical evidence, none at all. They are a bit like aliens being the cause of UFOs. Sure you may see a series of strange lights in the sky, but then it turns out that the USAF was dropping flares behind a mountain range on the horizon. Sure you may find a foot print, but then it turns out to be a deranged thru-hiker on "hike naked!" day.

Alien Grey 1972
01-19-2011, 00:49
I love the idea that Bigfoot or might really be out there. I hope the species really exists but is never found. I think that if the species is found it will be it's end. Alot of people would rush into the wilderness to kill one.
One great book on the subject is Lorn Coleman's "Bigfoot".

Graywolf
01-19-2011, 01:11
I have seen it and seen the prints. But here is my say:

Big Foot could never be proven. Why? Because humans do not want to think there is another animal out there similar to us, that is smarter. The media will always down play it, the scientist and government will cover it up. Thanks to the media, we will never get a true story. The Patterson film is probably the best footage we have and yet, they are always trying to prove it was faked. If you look at the costumes of that time period, there is none that comes close to the film. But yet, they want to prove it dosnt exist, not the other way around. Thats the way of the media.

Humans are a failed species. We have to wear clothes on our backs to stay warm, we have to have cars to get around. Heck, we even have to make wings so we can fly. We have to watch Tv just to entertain ourselves watching some one else put on a stupid act. The most inteligent species is the one who can co-exist with Earth. Big Foot is that species..

RockDoc
01-19-2011, 01:38
I knew a fellow in Montana who was for a time a logger who used horses to pull out the logs in NE Oregon. He said that he had seen Bigfoot there.
I knew this fellow well enough to know that he actually is reliable. He's a well published author for journals like National Geographic, Smithsonian, and such.
I tend to believe him, FWIW.

Awol1970
01-19-2011, 06:45
Humans are a failed species. We have to wear clothes on our backs to stay warm, we have to have cars to get around. Heck, we even have to make wings so we can fly. We have to watch Tv just to entertain ourselves watching some one else put on a stupid act. The most inteligent species is the one who can co-exist with Earth. Big Foot is that species..

Failed? Hardly
Clothes? Kind of depends on the latitude doesn't it? Lotsa skimpily clad and happy humans out there.
Car to get around? Seems lots of people make it from GA>ME just fine with out one.
Planes are just brilliant engineering.
I don't have TV.
:rolleyes:

Bucherm
01-19-2011, 07:12
I have seen it and seen the prints. But here is my say:

Big Foot could never be proven. Why? Because humans do not want to think there is another animal out there similar to us, that is smarter. The media will always down play it, the scientist and government will cover it up. Thanks to the media, we will never get a true story. The Patterson film is probably the best footage we have and yet, they are always trying to prove it was faked. If you look at the costumes of that time period, there is none that comes close to the film. But yet, they want to prove it dosnt exist, not the other way around. Thats the way of the media.

(1)Most costumes of the time period looked tacky because they were close up, with a steady cam, professionally done by professionals. The Patterson film is a janky shaky cam that happened several dozen feet away.

(2)There's a guy named Bob Hieronimus, a associate of Patterson and Gimlin, who claimed to be the guy in the suit. There is also a costume maker in North Carolina who claims to have sold the suit by mail order in the '60s.

(3)The "Breasts" on the bigfoot are covered in fur, which would be pretty rare in the Ape family.

(4)Patterson failed to pursue after 60 seconds of footage, even though the creature was moving really slow. He didn't even get closer to get better shots from the camera.

(5)Coincidentaly, Patterson already had a self-published book about Bigfoot, so it was in his financial inteest to drum up interest.

(6)And, like I said before, NO ONE in the 40+ years since has managed to get better footage than that despite proliferation of better imaging tools. Pretty gosh-darn amazing that the best quality film of the creature we have was made 40 years ago, even though would-be Bigfoot hunters set up game cameras left and right trying to catch this critter. Shoot, people bring their cell phones with them when they go into the woods(even when there isn't likely to be reception) and we got nothing.

I knew a fellow in Montana who was for a time a logger who used horses to pull out the logs in NE Oregon. He said that he had seen Bigfoot there.
I knew this fellow well enough to know that he actually is reliable. He's a well published author for journals like National Geographic, Smithsonian, and such.
I tend to believe him, FWIW.

Oh well, so long as it's an anecdotal story. It's a good thing you aren't a scientist or something, otherwise I would be worried about the quality of your work if you value testimonials over evidence(or lack thereof).

FWIW I own the entire X-Files series on DVD, so this is actually a subject matter I'm interested in, but if someone is making extraordinary claims(be it Bigfoot or alien visitation) I'd like some kind of actual evidence.

fredmugs
01-19-2011, 10:46

who hasn't?

bus
01-19-2011, 11:09
but, have you seen ManBearPig?

Graywolf
01-19-2011, 11:25
Failed? Hardly
Clothes? Kind of depends on the latitude doesn't it? Lotsa skimpily clad and happy humans out there.
Car to get around? Seems lots of people make it from GA>ME just fine with out one.
Planes are just brilliant engineering.
I don't have TV.
:rolleyes:

Well, when most GA>ME spend most of thier time on the internet rather than outside when not hiking, then well, its been said before. When Humans HAVE to drill holes into the earth to survive, thats funny. I love it when "hikers" put down dont see things naturally..

Graywolf
01-19-2011, 11:30
(1)Most costumes of the time period looked tacky because they were close up, with a steady cam, professionally done by professionals. The Patterson film is a janky shaky cam that happened several dozen feet away.

(2)There's a guy named Bob Hieronimus, a associate of Patterson and Gimlin, who claimed to be the guy in the suit. There is also a costume maker in North Carolina who claims to have sold the suit by mail order in the '60s.

(3)The "Breasts" on the bigfoot are covered in fur, which would be pretty rare in the Ape family.

(4)Patterson failed to pursue after 60 seconds of footage, even though the creature was moving really slow. He didn't even get closer to get better shots from the camera.

(5)Coincidentaly, Patterson already had a self-published book about Bigfoot, so it was in his financial inteest to drum up interest.

(6)And, like I said before, NO ONE in the 40+ years since has managed to get better footage than that despite proliferation of better imaging tools. Pretty gosh-darn amazing that the best quality film of the creature we have was made 40 years ago, even though would-be Bigfoot hunters set up game cameras left and right trying to catch this critter. Shoot, people bring their cell phones with them when they go into the woods(even when there isn't likely to be reception) and we got nothing.

Oh well, so long as it's an anecdotal story. It's a good thing you aren't a scientist or something, otherwise I would be worried about the quality of your work if you value testimonials over evidence(or lack thereof).

FWIW I own the entire X-Files series on DVD, so this is actually a subject matter I'm interested in, but if someone is making extraordinary claims(be it Bigfoot or alien visitation) I'd like some kind of actual evidence.

Really? Try running with your digicam or compact digital camera and tell me just how clear the image is? Maybe he should have waited till the new GOPRO camera was out. He had what he had to work with in the day.

Come on!! If you had a camera ready to go and saw something like that that took your breath away, are you going to just sit there and take a real calm camera? No you will more tha likely do one of 2 things: Run like hell, or run to get a lsoer look. hey You say there isnt good footage out there? Most are either running away, or trying to get a good closeup. At least Patterson had the camera running WHILE he was running. And in that creek bed, you try getting a still shot while running..

Pedaling Fool
01-19-2011, 11:36
Graywolf, the human species is a very special and interesting species, not saying we're divine or anything, just that our brain (given to us by mother nature) is so much different than any other species.

All the "weaknesses" you've cited are no more a weakness than any other animal's ways of coping with adversity; especially related to the way we cope with the cold. Clothes are a result of our brains, that's natures plan for us and it's no more of a weakness than an animal which must hibernate to cope with the cold, just a different method. Many animals barely survive through the winters, even the ones that have evolved to live in those climates.

Gray Blazer
01-19-2011, 12:09
Really? Try running with your digicam or compact digital camera and tell me just how clear the image is? Maybe he should have waited till the new GOPRO camera was out. He had what he had to work with in the day.

Come on!! If you had a camera ready to go and saw something like that that took your breath away, are you going to just sit there and take a real calm camera? No you will more tha likely do one of 2 things: Run like hell, or run to get a lsoer look. hey You say there isnt good footage out there? Most are either running away, or trying to get a good closeup. At least Patterson had the camera running WHILE he was running. And in that creek bed, you try getting a still shot while running..

Good point. When I saw the BF footprints on the FT I had a digi cam in my front pocket. I was so freaked by the fresh prints, that I forgot about the camera and hot footed it out of there. I could kick myself now cuz there were a lot of fresh prints in the soft red clay/sand mix where it had crossed the trail and walked down it about 20 feet.

Buzz_Lightfoot
01-19-2011, 13:53
Long distance hikers' feet enlarge over time. We are ALL bigfoot.

Luddite
01-19-2011, 13:59

Thats super serial.

Old Hiker
01-19-2011, 14:29
Long distance hikers' feet enlarge over time. We are ALL bigfoot.

I repectfully disagree. I've had size 13 Wide feet decades before I started long distance hiking.

And yes, my armpits are hairy.

juma
01-19-2011, 21:39
mine have certainly enlarged over time....

Bucherm
01-19-2011, 22:13

Dude! You're missing the point, He didn't successfully pursue(he claimed to have "tracked for over 3 miles" and yet provides no evidence of how he tracked the beast) and even while he was "running" towards the creature he didn't run much or far. He was stationary for most of the film. Meanwhile Gimlin was on a horse the entire time and could have pursued the slow moving Sasquatch, but didn't. Patterson had the wherewithal to dismount(because his horse allegedly reared) and "Get a better shot" but not successfully pursue this unique slow-moving creature on horseback?

Remember, this is a guy who was already publishing books about Bigfoot and it would have been in his interest to bring back a specimen(Gimlin had a gun).

Not coincidentally a janky shaky cam would make it much harder for someone to go easily ID it as a dude in a ape suit. It's a good thing he happened to rent that camera and held onto it long past the return date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWGYTHK3E30

LoneRidgeRunner
01-20-2011, 11:37
Neither a corpse or skeleton has ever been found. More likely that Elvis is still alive. Nuff said. :rolleyes:

I think the survivors eat the dead....

LoneRidgeRunner
01-20-2011, 11:49
We had a "Wooly Booger" near Morganton NC years ago for a while. This thing went walking through The High Peak Drive In Theater near Drexel NC one night. It was described as looking like a large, 2 legged, upright hairy creature with it's arms raised and no head. This seriously created a panic and people were actually running around in the woods with high powered rifles hunting this "monster." It was spotted running across roads at night in front of people and was really causing an uproar.
It eventually turned out to be a well known prankster and Honky Tonk (Dodge City) owner by the name of "Bear Campbell", wearing a big fur coat of some type pulled up high and drawing his head down as much as possible while holding his arms upraised causing him to appear to be headless. Bear's real name is Carl.
This "monster" was named "The Drexel Wooly Booger."
Bear was arrested and cited for "inciting a riot."..LOL..I think he paid a fine and was put on probation for a year.
This is a true story. HONEST.

DesertMTB
01-20-2011, 11:59
Pfft. This should be in the humor section.

Gray Blazer
01-20-2011, 13:08
We had a "Wooly Booger" near Morganton NC years ago for a while. This thing went walking through The High Peak Drive In Theater near Drexel NC one night. It was described as looking like a large, 2 legged, upright hairy creature with it's arms raised and no head. This seriously created a panic and people were actually running around in the woods with high powered rifles hunting this "monster." It was spotted running across roads at night in front of people and was really causing an uproar.
It eventually turned out to be a well known prankster and Honky Tonk (Dodge City) owner by the name of "Bear Campbell", wearing a big fur coat of some type pulled up high and drawing his head down as much as possible while holding his arms upraised causing him to appear to be headless. Bear's real name is Carl.
This "monster" was named "The Drexel Wooly Booger."
Bear was arrested and cited for "inciting a riot."..LOL..I think he paid a fine and was put on probation for a year.
This is a true story. HONEST.

Same kind of story about the Bardin Booger in FL. Lucky the guys wer'nt shot.

bpitt
01-20-2011, 13:14
They ain't no bigfoot. (said in my most humbling southern twang) However, bring up the chupacabra or black panthers, then you got a story.

Gray Blazer
01-20-2011, 15:40
They ain't no bigfoot. (said in my most humbling southern twang) However, bring up the chupacabra or black panthers, then you got a story.

I'm a raving nutbag moonbat cuz I've seen a black panther also (the feline type) again here in NFL.

bpitt
01-21-2011, 09:50
See what I mean?

AndyBees
01-21-2011, 13:36
Ever seen a baby pigeon?

That's a familar OLD question! But, other than in the nest or one that has fell out onto the ground, have you seen any baby bird?

I've seen a baby humming bird ........ only in the nest!

Graywolf
01-21-2011, 13:58
Thats ok, I saw a Tyranasaurus Rex once. It was running aross the desert in West Texas. I even got a CLOSEUP on the camera. Whne I tried to have it identified they said it was a collard Lizard running on his hindlegs..

Dang IT,,, I missed it again..

wvgrinder
01-21-2011, 14:43
Oncest I saw a gold dang lizirt runnin' craws da water. Affer dat, I beeleave jus 'bout anyolthing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45yabrnryXk

Pedaling Fool
01-22-2011, 09:25
This is no argument for a bigfoot, but very interesting. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/20/new-animal-species-literally-crawls-rock-tennessee/

Gray Blazer
01-22-2011, 11:23
Pfft. This should be in the humor section.

Everything I have posted in this thead is true, with the exception of BF assimilating with the europeans.

Gray Blazer
01-22-2011, 11:25
This is no argument for a bigfoot, but very interesting. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/20/new-animal-species-literally-crawls-rock-tennessee/

Are there any nuclear reactors near that site?

ShaneP
01-30-2011, 23:02
Haven't you ever been out there and just sitting by yourself and the hairs raise up on your neck and arms and you just know......something....?

S

mweinstone
01-30-2011, 23:14
spoke with god just now.cant prove it.we spend long hours together. hes way bigger than bigfoot. we play games and chat and just hang out. take naps and eat. go for walks.
all the stuff bigfoot contactees say they do.no biggie.

Roland
01-31-2011, 04:14
Haven't you ever been out there and just sitting by yourself and the hairs raise up on your neck and arms and you just know......something....?

S

Exactly!

Time to put another layer on. :D

Pedaling Fool
02-02-2011, 22:15
There's a new bigfoot documentary on the History channel now.

Title: Bigfoot: the definitive guide

It's a new documentary (2011)

Graywolf
02-02-2011, 22:21
All this talk about Bigfoot but nothing about UFO's? Hmmmm...:-?

Roland
02-02-2011, 22:22
Bigfoot was abducted by a UFO.

Pedaling Fool
02-03-2011, 08:24
Interesting theories about (at least in some cases around the world) "bigfoot" being a sub-species of human. Talk about turning religion upside down if we found another species of human.

Pedaling Fool
02-03-2011, 08:37
Interesting theories about (at least in some cases around the world) "bigfoot" being a sub-species of human. Talk about turning religion upside down if we found another species of human.
If you think about it, the catholic church has already reversed itself on the possibility of life on other planets. And as far as a bigfoot, well that would just be another ape species. But if we found another human...I wonder if the powers that be in the catholic church are preparing a stance on that kind of finding.

mweinstone
02-03-2011, 09:34
not exsplaning things is an abbomination to man. the unknowable a joke to his intelect.all for a leg to support the table of his equations. and in the vast depths of the creation lies the rotting seed grown on barren dust. the fruits of witch are loss.

Gray Blazer
02-03-2011, 13:19
I was driving the backroads of NFL last night. I crossed the FT a coupla times and this new BF theory kinda popped into my mind. I may have been inspired by Matty but, here goes ...

Since my son and I came up with the theory that BF became adept at hiding from man, I wondered where does he hide. It popped into my mind that he may hide underground AND he prolly has all the best amenities(to his taste) that man or BF can think of. Just as in any species there are mentally advanced individuals, there are prolly some really smart BFs who have studied man or UFOs and have built underground homes where they can hangout. They have prolly "borrowed" electricity and have refrigerators, etc. Some of the smarter ones may even transition back and forth. Who Knows? Why people keep seeing them around could be because of their BF initiation rites where they have to hang out outside for a while and practice spying with out being spotted.

Daydream Believer
02-03-2011, 21:43
I watched that documentary. I'm not convinced Bigfoot is out there for real but there were some theories interesting info put out.

1. Sasquatch is mainly a Pacific NW critter. It's some kind of ape. The scientists felt like an Ape could survive in that region.
2. The Skunk Ape is a southeastern phenomenon and is most likely someone chimps that were turned loose to fend for themselves
3. There are populations of Yeti or relations in Asia and all seem to be related
4. One rather strange theory was that Sasquatch is actually a prehistoric human..pre Neanderthal species of very large people. The Native Americans believe that Sasquatch could intermix with people and they had to protect their women as a result. There was oral lore of such crosses but they did not grow normally. That was kind of fascinating as they now think that Cro Magnons and Neaderthals did indeed intermix and produce offspring...so we all have Neanderthal blood in us.
5. The last and what seemed like the least likely theory to me was "wild" men...or Native American Shaman's in training.

So, it was an interesting documentary and fairly well done. Left you wondering a bit. I'll say though if I ever see a Bigfoot on the AT, I might have a hard time ever sleeping in the woods again! Considering some of the hikers I've seen, that might not be as scary! :p

Sarcasm the elf
02-03-2011, 21:54
Everything I have posted in this thead is true, with the exception of BF assimilating with the europeans.

Based on the documentary evidence, I would say that BF assimilated into the american population.

Graywolf
02-03-2011, 22:07
Just to bring something thoughtful out and to rack your brains on, Where did Cains wife come from, and the bible says she was hairy?? Hmmmm:-?

Hoot
02-03-2011, 22:13

i did, tasted like bacon.

Graywolf
02-03-2011, 22:37
i did, tasted like bacon.

Yes, I saw a Manbearpig.. Kinda had a cool taste with teh bear meat and bacon but that human flavor was wayyyy...Off..Tasted like !@#$..

So I burned it...:D

Graywolf
02-03-2011, 22:37
You know, I once saw a 3 eyed dog..I shot him, so therefore he never existed...

SassyWindsor
02-03-2011, 22:53
Souvenir vendors and the like make up these Bigfoot type stories. It's like a snipe hunt of sorts. All in fun.

Awol1970
02-03-2011, 22:58
Souvenir vendors and the like make up these Bigfoot type stories. It's like a snipe hunt of sorts. All in fun.

Exactly....

Ontiora
02-04-2011, 02:00
Never seen bigfoot, but plenty of bears...

Pedaling Fool
02-04-2011, 08:05
I watched that documentary. I'm not convinced Bigfoot is out there for real but there were some theories interesting info put out.

1. Sasquatch is mainly a Pacific NW critter. It's some kind of ape. The scientists felt like an Ape could survive in that region.
2. The Skunk Ape is a southeastern phenomenon and is most likely someone chimps that were turned loose to fend for themselves
3. There are populations of Yeti or relations in Asia and all seem to be related
4. One rather strange theory was that Sasquatch is actually a prehistoric human..pre Neanderthal species of very large people. The Native Americans believe that Sasquatch could intermix with people and they had to protect their women as a result. There was oral lore of such crosses but they did not grow normally. That was kind of fascinating as they now think that Cro Magnons and Neaderthals did indeed intermix and produce offspring...so we all have Neanderthal blood in us.
5. The last and what seemed like the least likely theory to me was "wild" men...or Native American Shaman's in training.

So, it was an interesting documentary and fairly well done. Left you wondering a bit. I'll say though if I ever see a Bigfoot on the AT, I might have a hard time ever sleeping in the woods again! Considering some of the hikers I've seen, that might not be as scary! :p
Actually, the current approximation is that 1-4% of us have neanderthal in us. And this interbreeding seemed to happen between 50 - 80 kya in the area of Eurasia. But this is all very new evidence and sure to change...
What's also interesting is that new discoveries suggest that neaderthals lived not all that long ago. There's an example of a fish whose fossil record stopped about 300,000 years ago, yet recently we discovered that it is still living amongst us. Fossil records are great, but the problem is that fossilization is a very very rare occurence in nature, giving us a very fragmented view.

Here's another example of a human subspecies living with us in this article
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8583254.stm

Excerpt:
"But in 2004, researchers discovered that a dwarf species of human, dubbed "The Hobbit", was living on the Indonesian island of Flores until 12,000 years ago - long after modern humans had colonised the region."
>
>
>
>
We think the world has shrunk, but that's an illusion of our technology, it's still the same, big ass size. And it's entirely possible that some form of human subspecies is out there.

I don't know if bigfoot exists, especially the picture most of us have in our mind, but I do know all around the world things are being reported. There's something to that, it's not all imagination, some of it yes...

mweinstone
02-04-2011, 08:22
the world is a soda that has lost its fizz.next step,....evaporation.

Sickmont
02-04-2011, 08:30

But's whos gonna be around to clean up the sticky residue thats left over from the evaporation?

mweinstone
02-04-2011, 08:38
it was diet.

Pedaling Fool
09-08-2011, 09:30
I actually think a lot of people have this same attitude. But we know so little about life on earth and so much more to discover http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/aug/23/species-earth-estimate-scientists

I'm very interested in learning more about the human-sized bili ape in the congo, we just learned about http://anthropology.net/2007/07/17/bili-apes-the-giant-lion-eating-chimps-of-the-magic-forest/ ; no doubt there are tons more primates, some very possibly close to us, yet to be found and may force us to redefine what is "human".

Why this topic is associated with "monsters" and boogy men is frustrating to me. There's much fizz left and there's no need for some to try and inject fizz, also very frustrating...

vamelungeon
09-08-2011, 10:37

The steadycam hadn't been invented when the Patterson film was made.

Spokes
09-08-2011, 10:54
Best Bigfoot story ever from Tim Peeler in Cleveland County, NC

Git, Git!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFLyO2RWGms&feature=related

Ladytrekker
09-08-2011, 12:31
This is too funny last weekend with nothing to do I watched a "Finding Bigfoot" marathon on TV. They have searched the world over for years this team and they have never seen one. It cracks me up when they howl and act like they are doing a bigfoot call.

vamelungeon
09-08-2011, 12:54
Best Bigfoot story ever from Tim Peeler in Cleveland County, NC

Git, Git!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFLyO2RWGms&feature=related
Results of bad 'shine, perhaps?

B-Rabbit
09-08-2011, 13:01
I remember that... Everyone was talking about it here in GA. I kind of hoped it was true.

MyName1sMud
09-08-2011, 15:54
Wasn't that one video of the shaky camera everyone is talking about proven to be fake by the dude that recorded the video?

It seems like I can remember him coming out and saying that was his uncle/cousin/neighbor/etc dressed up in an ape suit.

Pedaling Fool
09-08-2011, 18:21
Wasn't that one video of the shaky camera everyone is talking about proven to be fake by the dude that recorded the video?

It seems like I can remember him coming out and saying that was his uncle/cousin/neighbor/etc dressed up in an ape suit.
No. http://www.bfro.net/news/korff_scam.asp

DapperD
09-08-2011, 19:31
Ok, so how many of us that spend a lot time in the wilds think they have actually encountered bigfoot?According to some in Northwestern N.J., they believe they have:http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/08/as_bigfoot_sasquatch_or_njs_bi.html

DrRichardCranium
02-20-2012, 21:22
In 2010 I hiked with Bigfoot briefly. I think he got off the trail before Newfound Gap.

Sierra Echo
02-20-2012, 21:26
I would LOVE to have a Big Foot encounter!

bamboo bob
02-20-2012, 21:41
bigfoot exists.they can outrun a dear and kill a bear. they can read thaughts up to several hundred miles away. they sneek on ships and cross oceans and they burry their dead. they can run flat out thru heavy forrest without a sound or they can make the sound of a heard of wild animals. they have no words but scream and cry. they never kill each other or man . there are over 100,000 of them worldwide.they are not wild men. they do not have souls. and they are not anything more or less than the most sucessfull creatures on earth.they have no enemys and do not know fear.to them, we are gypsy moths. destroying and unstoppable. they have seen man come and go thru the ages and will outlast and inherit the future. they will one day live with humans of a different kind. Well. I'm glad that's settled.

Tinker
02-21-2012, 00:44

I hiked with him and his dad.

Tinker
02-21-2012, 00:46
Matty is getting roommates?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/Eloquent/miscgreen/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mweinstone http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/Eloquent/buttonsgreen/viewpost-right.png (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1096996#post1096996)
bigfoot exists.they can outrun a dear and kill a bear. they can read thaughts up to several hundred miles away. they sneek on ships and cross oceans and they burry their dead. they can run flat out thru heavy forrest without a sound or they can make the sound of a heard of wild animals. they have no words but scream and cry. they never kill each other or man . there are over 100,000 of them worldwide.they are not wild men. they do not have souls. and they are not anything more or less than the most sucessfull creatures on earth.they have no enemys and do not know fear.to them, we are gypsy moths. destroying and unstoppable. they have seen man come and go thru the ages and will outlast and inherit the future. they will one day live with humans of a different kind.

He is, after all, a human of a different kind. :D

Sierra Echo
02-21-2012, 00:51
I actually run a doomsday cult that believes Big Foot is gonna come pick us up in a UFO. We just have to drink flavorful koolaid first. I prefer grape.

Tinker
02-21-2012, 00:53
I didn't know bigfoot had a UFO license. :-?

Sierra Echo
02-21-2012, 00:56
I dare you to ask him to see it!

My group is called the Order of the Royal Galactic YETI or ORGY for short.

RockDoc
02-21-2012, 01:05
I traveled to places in Nepal (Gokyo region) where yetis were reported to have killed several yaks.
I knew a prominent writer in Montana who had seen sasquatch while horse logging in NE Oregon. I knew him well enough to know that he was reliable; a writer for Smithsonian and others.
Besides that I don't know what to think.

Sarcasm the elf
02-21-2012, 01:29
I actually run a doomsday cult that believes Big Foot is gonna come pick us up in a UFO. We just have to drink flavorful koolaid first. I prefer grape.

I know it's a minor detail, but all the reputable suicide cults use flavor-aid. :D

Sierra Echo
02-21-2012, 07:38
I know it's a minor detail, but all the reputable suicide cults use flavor-aid. :D

Everyones a critic!