PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME travel pack !!

springerfever
01-18-2011, 18:59
Just thought I'd pass this along. As a retired Delta Airlines employee, I'm always in the hunt for a better carry-on backpack to handle stuff you can't possibly do without. My previous favorite was an older leather Eddie Bauer top loader that was comfortable and held quite a bit. It has since been replaced with a 26 liter backpack from Arcteryx called the Mantis. See link below :

http://www.rei.com/product/797512

I picked this pack up at REI here in Atlanta in the coffee bean color on sale for the $74.93 price. You can also order it online. This is a serious pack with an aluminum stay framesheet that is very well designed. The included hipbelt is removeable (not needed with a weight less than thirty pounds). Its a panel loader that holds a lot of gear and the two front pockets are perfect for a rain jacket, pair of light shoes, airline tickets, etc. Water bottle pockets are a little on the small side, but are useable. One of my favorite features is the top pocket, great for doodads like phone/ipod/earbuds/pens/glasses/whatever. Shoulder straps are contoured and thickly padded. Very comfortable........

Don't know if you are familiar with Arcteryx (Canadian manufacturer), but its products are of excellent quality and design. Used to be all their production was in Canada, but now, just like everything else, its overseas. This particular pack was constructed in the Phillipines. Materials and stitching are excellent. If you are looking for a good all-around daypack with an excellent design that can handle a fair amount of weight comfortably, this might fit the bill. Of course, if it doesn't suit you, REI is the BEST about returns, (never could hold on to receipts!).

BTW......the coffee bean color is awesome. best of the lot !

TallShark
01-19-2011, 21:04
looks nice, Arc'teryx is always awesome. I just pray that company doesn't get trendy because i would hate for the production to skyrocket and the quality to dwindle... seen a lot of that in the past decade with brands i used to like. They make solid technical stuff and this seems perfect for casual use, if the brand is of your liking and you dont want to drop 4 bills on it like thier tech gear then this pack is perfect.