PDA

View Full Version : Fanny Pack???

ec.hiker
01-19-2011, 00:56
I went looking for a camera case to put my cannon powershot sl100 ls or something like that I cant remember the name at best buy none of the regular sized camera bags would hold it then the next one up was just way to big to clip to my pack strap in front of me. The camera isnt that big I have a cool pics too but I am dead set on taking the cannon. It is also a pain to try to get to my food bag on my pack since i use a cammel back for water I really don't need to get into my pack for much. I have been contemplating a fanny pack maybe if I can get it to fit right with my straps I figure that would wipe out the need for a camera case and a place to hold my gorp.. Any sugestions on someting besides a fanny pack or does any one else use one?

Bucherm
01-19-2011, 01:08
Does your backpack not have belt pockets?

During a recent trip to Orlando I used the top of my Kelty Coyote as a Fanny pack to cram my Nikon L110 in, there was so much room that I ended up being the damned Sherpa for eveyone in my party. :mad:

hobbs
01-19-2011, 01:49
You could always just buy an old army ammo pouch and put felt in it and put it on your belt and hip harness. Your going to want your camera at your finger tips anyway... Just a suggestion..

leaftye
01-19-2011, 02:34
Try hip belt pockets. Gossamer Gear has hip belt pockets that may serve you very well. Their largest size is nearly big enough to fit a completely full quart size freezer bag of gorp. Get a second smaller pocket for your camera.

http://gossamergear.com/packs/pack-accessories/hip-belt-pockets.html

http://gossamergear.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/i/hip_belt_pockets-big.jpg

I used to love mine, but I switched to a ULA pack that already has hip belt pockets built into it, unfortunately they're much smaller that the Gossamer Gear pockets.

leaftye
01-19-2011, 02:36
Whoa, I had no idea that picture was so huge...lazy programming on the GG site I guess.