PDA

View Full Version : Hello Fellow Hikers!

jeff_fro1981
01-19-2011, 17:20
Hello WhiteBlaze! My name's Jeff and I'm new to the site. I've been reading posts for a while but decided to make one of my own to introduce myself. I've been interested in the AT for a long time to various degrees. Over the last few years I've been developing a case of AT fever and constantly dream of doing a thru-hike.

Unfortunately, I'm in the process of getting a divorce, less than six months after getting married nonetheless, and it's really kicked me in the butt to start doing the things I've always dreamed of doing but just never acted on.

So, I'm planning on doing the Maryland section of the trail this year. I'm looking at the week of Memorial Day. It's just a matter of making it happen. I've got most of the gear I need, but still looking for a better pack and will need to go on some shakedown hikes once it warms a little bit (and quits snowing for once).

Anyway, just wanted to let people know I am here and ready to start living my dream, even if it's only in small pieces!

Marta
01-21-2011, 08:29
Welcome to Whiteblaze! Best of luck on your upcoming hikes.

Ron Haven
01-21-2011, 08:39
Welcome to Whiteblaze! Best of luck on your upcoming hikes.Jeff, look forward to meeting you. Good luck